Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 23-01-2024 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 266151)
for the lao jiao SC like Davinder Singh, how much his income?

More than you and 3 generations of your family can think of

Unregistered 23-01-2024 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 266151)
for the lao jiao SC like Davinder Singh, how much his income?

Shanmugam said he paid about 2 mil in taxes year before he became minister. Thats 10 mil gross. Shan and Singh known as titans of litigation so probably 15 to 20 mil or more lah.

Unregistered 23-01-2024 07:10 PM

Internation firms

Do int firms like milbank and latham not hire associates from nus/smu/suss?? i only ever see sinkies who study in lse or the lot in these as trainees/associates. Gotta go to uk to get in these or what?

Unregistered 23-01-2024 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 266346)
Do int firms like milbank and latham not hire associates from nus/smu/suss?? i only ever see sinkies who study in lse or the lot in these as trainees/associates. Gotta go to uk to get in these or what?

Very rare. I think NUS alumni have been mainly hired in firms like A&O, Sidley, Jones Day

Ang mor uni naturally opens more doors in ang mor firms. It's human nature to prefer institutions you're familiar with

For the record I don't think there is an appreciable difference between most UK grads and local grads, just in case anybody starts the whole tiresome trend of bashing one set of grads over the other again

Unregistered 23-01-2024 07:35 PM

So what y’all think of Iswaran case?? Davinder make him squeaky clean??

Unregistered 23-01-2024 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 266271)
Agree. I’d even argue it’s patriotic to share salaries across industries. Salary transparency = more money for the people = more money into economy. Potentially more babies too for those willing and able. Do your part sinkies.

Ok then u share

Unregistered 23-01-2024 11:48 PM

Corporate

Is A&G or R&T better for corporate? Incl. culture + quality of work

Unregistered 24-01-2024 09:06 AM

Recommend some chiobu lawyer leh

I can recommend big boss to them

Unregistered 24-01-2024 11:15 AM

Anyone joined the ministries or stat boards as a prosecutor before? Not the AGC ones, but the type where you get the MX xx grade then convert to Legal Service 1 to 2 years later? Is it worth it?

Unregistered 24-01-2024 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 266408)
Anyone joined the ministries or stat boards as a prosecutor before? Not the AGC ones, but the type where you get the MX xx grade then convert to Legal Service 1 to 2 years later? Is it worth it?

Yes worth it. Super slack and getting legal service pay which is quite obscene for the kind of work they do.