Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 08-06-2023 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249671)
hiring freeze, cost cutting measures :(

Not OP, but must be R&T. Heard about it too.

Unregistered 09-06-2023 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249673)
Not OP, but must be R&T. Heard about it too.

Not sure if this is true for R&T, but it is certainly not true for the legal market in general. There are plenty of openings for junior and mid-level lawyers.

Unregistered 09-06-2023 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249678)
Not sure if this is true for R&T, but it is certainly not true for the legal market in general. There are plenty of openings for junior and mid-level lawyers.

RT has always been a firm competing on cost.

Unregistered 09-06-2023 11:12 AM

anyone know which law firm this Jocelyn Chia work at before she become a comedian?

Unregistered 09-06-2023 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249697)
anyone know which law firm this Jocelyn Chia work at before she become a comedian?

She worked at Weil NY office before getting laid off around 2010

Unregistered 09-06-2023 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249672)
That’s exactly what I meant from my earlier post -

The 2 SG law schools produce the excellent SG lawyers which SG law firms - so what exactly is the problem here?? Why disagree?

They have strong A levels, good results from the interview process, and probably good law school or CCA participation - why would HR look at the not so good unis?

Diam la robot hurry to churn out your **** and bill your time

Unregistered 09-06-2023 02:09 PM

Quote:

The 2 SG law schools produce the excellent SG lawyers which SG law firms - so what exactly is the problem here?? Why disagree?

They have strong A levels, good results from the interview process, and probably good law school or CCA participation - why would HR look at the not so good unis?

“That’s exactly what I mean from my earlier post”

Guessing you’re from the said 2 SG law schools. Why can’t you make the point if that’s exactly what you meant? Excellent SG lawyer need someone to think of and make their point for you?

Unregistered 09-06-2023 02:50 PM

Quote:

so you didn't get a tc, saw people from other unis (which you deem beneath yours) get it,

and now you're trying to console and delude yourself by saying that they should give you a job?

Unregistered 09-06-2023 03:00 PM

Quote:

from how you seem to focus so strongly on a-level results and CCAs (terms which are only used in jcs/polys),

it sounds like you have shitty uni grades, did not get involved in any extracurriculars and most importantly lack critical any work experience

and you want to blame the law firms for not giving you a tc - by saying they should not consider unis aside from nus/smu.

Sounds like you only have yourself to blame.

Unregistered 09-06-2023 07:38 PM

Hearsay drew recently got one annoying white horse intern? Anyone know who