Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 01-06-2023 07:12 AM

Honest question. Oxbridge grad in 2nd TC seat at a US firm in London. Looking to move back to Sg after quali. Parents very old (70 plus) and desperately need extra care (mum recently diagnosed with Alzeihmer's). Any idea what the Sg international firm NQ market is like? My firm doesn't have availability in Sg office at least for NQs. Any recommendations as to what to do? Thank you.

Unregistered 01-06-2023 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249286)
What's your area of interest? I assume it's not liti

It is, but more of commercial liti / banking and fin disputes but the b4 offer is for general liti / private wealth

Unregistered 01-06-2023 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249315)
Honest question. Oxbridge grad in 2nd TC seat at a US firm in London. Looking to move back to Sg after quali. Parents very old (70 plus) and desperately need extra care (mum recently diagnosed with Alzeihmer's). Any idea what the Sg international firm NQ market is like? My firm doesn't have availability in Sg office at least for NQs. Any recommendations as to what to do? Thank you.

What area are you qualifying into?

Unregistered 01-06-2023 12:22 PM

New spin off from A&G - Chua & Partners

Reminds me of the recent spin off from R&T - Setia Law

Thoughts?

Unregistered 01-06-2023 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249296)
go for it, someone I know told me that he rejected a TC from Baker after he was offered a spot here.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Unregistered 01-06-2023 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249321)
New spin off from A&G - Chua & Partners

Reminds me of the recent spin off from R&T - Setia Law

Thoughts?

Don't care. Boutiques spin off all the time. Especially litigation boutiques. Nothing interesting or significant. His team isn't exactly special either. The disputes market is too saturated tbh.

Unregistered 01-06-2023 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249324)
Don't care. Boutiques spin off all the time. Especially litigation boutiques. Nothing interesting or significant. His team isn't exactly special either. The disputes market is too saturated tbh.

What about corporate both spin offs? Are they as common or likely to take off successfully?

Some examples come to mind

Unregistered 01-06-2023 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249326)
What about corporate both spin offs? Are they as common or likely to take off successfully?

Some examples come to mind

corporate boutique spin offs*

Unregistered 01-06-2023 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249296)
go for it, someone I know told me that he rejected a TC from Baker after he was offered a spot here.

Love to have some of the copium that someone is having. Is he one of those FCH/Summas with a bruised ego after they were rejected by the big firms ?

Unregistered 01-06-2023 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249315)

I will recommend your mum to visit Dr Charles Siow at Mount E. He's an American trained Neurologist.

The only Singaporean doctor who holds a medical degree from Ireland and did speciality training in the US.