Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 30-03-2022 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211252)
Yeah please share FR.

“FR”. i see you have joined us from another motorbike forum

Unregistered 30-03-2022 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211258)
No idea why you guys are bothering to ask on an anonymous forum. Just ask your friends.

We want to crowd-sauce experience here. And find out all the true experience and FR

Unregistered 30-03-2022 07:54 PM

any reviews on pk wong & nair? how's the work culture like

Unregistered 30-03-2022 08:02 PM

Abuse, Whistleblow

I am small firm Assoc, who moved from a much larger firm 2-3x its size after spending 1++ years with the firm.

I never suffered abuse from my previous firm. However, in the current small firm, I am constantly being berated by Partner. Almost on a weekly basis. Okay with the others.

Pool system, but one partner keeps bashing over the small things. Whether I attend CPD, whether I clock my billables. My fellow Assocs keep getting cc-ed in all of Partner's issues with me.

I have been accused of delegating work to my Trainees, when my Trainee literally does not do anything at all. I have taken responsibility as an Assoc, and in fact, Trainee does not even do my work.

Does LawSoc even have a whistleblowing hotline? Will King of Singapore Listen?

Unregistered 30-03-2022 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211269)
“FR”. i see you have joined us from another motorbike forum

motorbike FTW
intro recruiter so i can go international firm, if not no money buy car

Unregistered 30-03-2022 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211280)
I am small firm Assoc, who moved from a much larger firm 2-3x its size after spending 1++ years with the firm.

I never suffered abuse from my previous firm. However, in the current small firm, I am constantly being berated by Partner. Almost on a weekly basis. Okay with the others.

Pool system, but one partner keeps bashing over the small things. Whether I attend CPD, whether I clock my billables. My fellow Assocs keep getting cc-ed in all of Partner's issues with me.

I have been accused of delegating work to my Trainees, when my Trainee literally does not do anything at all. I have taken responsibility as an Assoc, and in fact, Trainee does not even do my work.

how many trainees you have

Unregistered 30-03-2022 08:10 PM

disgruntled

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211283)
how many trainees you have

2 shared across

Unregistered 30-03-2022 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211270)
We want to crowd-sauce experience here. And find out all the true experience and FR

Not going to divulge specific names, but I have found recruiters from Formative Search and Michael Page to be slightly more trustworthy. They actually told me outright that my current role is better or that I am not suitable for certain roles.

This is compared to people who tell me to apply when the JD is completely out of line with my current PQE or experience level.

Unregistered 31-03-2022 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211280)

Hey my learned friend. Just wanted to message to say sorry for your difficult circumstances - your work place sounds toxic. Not sure if there is any recourse via LawSoc, so may be best to hop to another firm/leave. May I ask though, why did you leave your first firm if you didn't suffer abuse there?

Unregistered 31-03-2022 03:34 PM

Anyone identified the NUS law student who dissed SUSS?