Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 30-03-2022 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211202)
How good is Nottingham?

Not bad. Managed to escape the delisted axe for an average school. Their grads do surprisingly well. I think handful of recently made up Big 4 junior partners were frm Notts

Good option if you wanna slack off n have fun during uni days. But when it is time for practice, better work damn hard

Unregistered 30-03-2022 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211221)
Not bad. Managed to escape the delisted axe for an average school. Their grads do surprisingly well. I think handful of recently made up Big 4 junior partners were frm Notts

Good option if you wanna slack off n have fun during uni days. But when it is time for practice, better work damn hard

You must be from NUS. Taking another low potshot at other grads instead of working hard.

Their grads do surprisingly bad. I think handful of burnout Big 4 junior associates were frm NUS.

Good option if you don't wanna slack off n have fun during uni days. But when it is time for practice, better continue working damn hard

Unregistered 30-03-2022 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211222)
You must be from NUS. Taking another low potshot at other grads instead of working hard.

Their grads do surprisingly bad. I think handful of burnout Big 4 junior associates were frm NUS.

Good option if you don't wanna slack off n have fun during uni days. But when it is time for practice, better continue working damn hard

Lol yes I was from local law school. I'm doing well thank you. I don't even work that hard, for pretty cushy pay. Definitely not 12mn 1am private prac hours. Inhouse FTW.

Anyway, how was that a low potshot? I said Notts grads do surprisingly well. Implicit in my comment is the recognition that it's not the school, but how you actually perform in practice, that gives u the ideal career outcomes. As I understand, the running toxicity in this thread is about stick-up-their arses harping on local vs overseas law schools as the only criterion of success.

Nobody would seriously dispute that Notts < Oxbridge + London Unis. Or even Bristol/Warwick. OP was asking how Notts was, so my opinion was responsive to that.

Unregistered 30-03-2022 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211224)
Lol yes I was from local law school. I'm doing well thank you. I don't even work that hard, for pretty cushy pay. Definitely not 12mn 1am private prac hours. Inhouse FTW.

Anyway, how was that a low potshot? I said Notts grads do surprisingly well. Implicit in my comment is the recognition that it's not the school, but how you actually perform in practice, that gives u the ideal career outcomes. As I understand, the running toxicity in this thread is about stick-up-their arses harping on local vs overseas law schools as the only criterion of success.

Nobody would seriously dispute that Notts < Oxbridge + London Unis. Or even Bristol/Warwick. OP was asking how Notts was, so my opinion was responsive to that.

A Notts grad doing well surprises you?
OP was asking how Notts was, u aren’t even from Notts.

Unregistered 30-03-2022 11:18 AM

~ok school but boring ass town

Unregistered 30-03-2022 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211226)
~ok school but boring ass town

No self respecting UK grad refers to their university a 'school'. Only sinkie grads with horrid grammar tend to use phrases such as 'boring ass town'. Oso, 'boring ass' is more american than british.

Nice try NUS dude, but darling, next time let's not be such a wankerer.

Unregistered 30-03-2022 12:14 PM

ok school
lousy school
every school is a good school

#sinkiespotted #NUSfail

Unregistered 30-03-2022 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211102)
Which recruiter to recommend? Looking to get out of my firm

Anyone can share experience please

Unregistered 30-03-2022 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211229)
Anyone can share experience please

Yeah please share FR.

Unregistered 30-03-2022 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211252)
Yeah please share FR.

No idea why you guys are bothering to ask on an anonymous forum. Just ask your friends.