Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 04-04-2021 03:40 PM

so part b is easier than part a?

Unregistered 04-04-2021 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163768)
so part b is easier than part a?

This was probably true up to just a few years ago, but won't be true anymore from now on (probably starting from last year). They are looking to ramp up the difficulty of Part B based on the review committee's recommendations.

Unregistered 04-04-2021 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163748)
Yes you must screw up royally. But it depends from firm to firm and team to team. I suggest you find out about your team. Generally retention rate / attrition rate is both high in B4.

If you fail the Bar (Part A or Part B) you will be removed with immediate effect. This is what it is. I have heard of people being told to leave midway in TC because they failed Part B.

They will usually allow you to finish out the TC but retention is out of the question.

Unregistered 04-04-2021 05:22 PM

what's the failure rate for part b?

Unregistered 04-04-2021 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163771)
This was probably true up to just a few years ago, but won't be true anymore from now on (probably starting from last year). They are looking to ramp up the difficulty of Part B based on the review committee's recommendations.

thought this would start in 2023? didn't know it would be made more difficult from such an early date. makes sense tho i guess

Unregistered 04-04-2021 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163780)
thought this would start in 2023? didn't know it would be made more difficult from such an early date. makes sense tho i guess

They are slowly ramping it up. The fail rate for at least one paper (to caveat - this is my observation from information passed through word of mouth) definitely went up this year, it would make sense for them to do so incrementally to balance difficulty against pass rate.

Unregistered 04-04-2021 07:53 PM

Which paper is that?

Unregistered 04-04-2021 09:38 PM

Anyone working inhouse? Pay / Hours?

2.5PQE. Want to jump soon.

Unregistered 05-04-2021 12:58 AM

humji kia ofc choose option 1. but srsly tho - he study so much also no use, come here try to save face also tio kan, rly damn amusing ngl lol

Unregistered 05-04-2021 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163734)
Hi everyone, junior entering the industry here - got lucky to secure a b4 tc and was wondering if the retention rates are as good as rumours set it out to be. Do I have to royally screw up to not get retained? Heard stories about failing part A first time and getting kicked off the TC. Any recourse then?

Also, how come most previous posts mention something like ‘release retention rate’? Do firms publish specific retention rates or is it all hearsay?

Fail part A --> kick out is quite common tbh.