Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   anyone really like your job? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/7580-anyone-really-like-your-job.html)

raigan 05-07-2016 04:28 PM

anyone really like your job?

who really like your job? reason cannot because of high salary.
please share your job, thank you.

Unregistered 05-07-2016 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raigan (Post 88178)

I like cos a lot hot chicks in my office. Everyday can lunch with different one, jin song.

Unregistered 05-07-2016 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raigan (Post 88178)

I am in a senior role in manufacturing industry with annual $200k. But I hate every minute of my job. Just enduring for my retirement hopefully in 5 years time.

Unregistered 05-07-2016 11:22 PM

Sometimes there will ups and downs in my job. But I have learnt to take it easy as its only a job. I think that high pay cannot replace quality of life. If you pay my high salary but the working hours are like 12 to 14 hrs daily, then I rather low pay and 8 to 9 hrs.

Financial sector 06-07-2016 12:19 AM

Honestly, I am lucky to be in a good job which I like, pays above average, can leave work on time, and which provides constant learning.

It's in the financial services industry, and pays around $240K basic with typical bonus of $100K for above average performers. However, it is not an easy industry to survive and many skills are needed, not only direct work related but especially people skills, communication, EQ, disciplined work style and time management. Also you need to be constantly quicker and sharper than others, and demonstrate value all the time.

Unregistered 06-07-2016 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Financial sector (Post 88197)
Honestly, I am lucky to be in a good job which I like, pays above average, can leave work on time, and which provides constant learning.

It's in the financial services industry, and pays around $240K basic with typical bonus of $100K for above average performers. However, it is not an easy industry to survive and many skills are needed, not only direct work related but especially people skills, communication, EQ, disciplined work style and time management
. Also you need to be constantly quicker and sharper than others, and demonstrate value all the time.

Good for you. What is your role?

Unregistered 06-07-2016 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88179)
I like cos a lot hot chicks in my office. Everyday can lunch with different one, jin song.

nice! is it a raffles area? what is your position? any more vacancy?

Unregistered 06-07-2016 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Financial sector (Post 88197)

It's in the financial services industry, and pays around $240K basic with typical bonus of $100K for above average performers. However, it is not an easy industry to survive and many skills are needed, not only direct work related but especially people skills, communication, EQ, disciplined work style and time management. Also you need to be constantly quicker and sharper than others, and demonstrate value all the time.

Yeah. Out of curiosity, I also want to know your role. Can I guess?

Say, Managing Director level in M&A, IPO or Trading? If buy-side, it has to be Portfolio Management with at least $200m capital.

Unregistered 06-07-2016 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88198)
Good for you. What is your role?

Technology. Director level.

Unregistered 07-07-2016 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88218)
Technology. Director level.

Did you start out as a developer writing the codes and then through 20 years progress up to management level as a director? Or was it shorter than 20 years.