Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   anyone really like your job? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/7580-anyone-really-like-your-job.html)

raigan 05-07-2016 04:28 PM

anyone really like your job?

who really like your job? reason cannot because of high salary.
please share your job, thank you.

Unregistered 05-07-2016 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raigan (Post 88178)

I like cos a lot hot chicks in my office. Everyday can lunch with different one, jin song.

Unregistered 05-07-2016 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raigan (Post 88178)

I am in a senior role in manufacturing industry with annual $200k. But I hate every minute of my job. Just enduring for my retirement hopefully in 5 years time.

Unregistered 05-07-2016 11:22 PM

Sometimes there will ups and downs in my job. But I have learnt to take it easy as its only a job. I think that high pay cannot replace quality of life. If you pay my high salary but the working hours are like 12 to 14 hrs daily, then I rather low pay and 8 to 9 hrs.

Financial sector 06-07-2016 12:19 AM

Honestly, I am lucky to be in a good job which I like, pays above average, can leave work on time, and which provides constant learning.

It's in the financial services industry, and pays around $240K basic with typical bonus of $100K for above average performers. However, it is not an easy industry to survive and many skills are needed, not only direct work related but especially people skills, communication, EQ, disciplined work style and time management. Also you need to be constantly quicker and sharper than others, and demonstrate value all the time.

Unregistered 06-07-2016 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Financial sector (Post 88197)
Honestly, I am lucky to be in a good job which I like, pays above average, can leave work on time, and which provides constant learning.

It's in the financial services industry, and pays around $240K basic with typical bonus of $100K for above average performers. However, it is not an easy industry to survive and many skills are needed, not only direct work related but especially people skills, communication, EQ, disciplined work style and time management
. Also you need to be constantly quicker and sharper than others, and demonstrate value all the time.

Good for you. What is your role?

Unregistered 06-07-2016 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88179)
I like cos a lot hot chicks in my office. Everyday can lunch with different one, jin song.

nice! is it a raffles area? what is your position? any more vacancy?

Unregistered 06-07-2016 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Financial sector (Post 88197)

It's in the financial services industry, and pays around $240K basic with typical bonus of $100K for above average performers. However, it is not an easy industry to survive and many skills are needed, not only direct work related but especially people skills, communication, EQ, disciplined work style and time management. Also you need to be constantly quicker and sharper than others, and demonstrate value all the time.

Yeah. Out of curiosity, I also want to know your role. Can I guess?

Say, Managing Director level in M&A, IPO or Trading? If buy-side, it has to be Portfolio Management with at least $200m capital.

Unregistered 06-07-2016 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88198)
Good for you. What is your role?

Technology. Director level.

Unregistered 07-07-2016 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88218)
Technology. Director level.

Did you start out as a developer writing the codes and then through 20 years progress up to management level as a director? Or was it shorter than 20 years.

Unregistered 07-07-2016 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88199)
nice! is it a raffles area? what is your position? any more vacancy?

Yes, at Raffles Place. Personal banker lor

Unregistered 08-07-2016 10:47 PM

I enjoy my job 75% of the time. I work in social services.

Beezbobz 10-07-2016 11:40 AM

Just curious regarding office culture as this is just my second job after graduation. Is it a norm for managers to be nasty? At my previous workplace, the management was relatively nice while I feel so miserable at my current workplace, constantly fearing backlash from managers. Having so much self doubt at my capability here.

Have been pondering about quitting but not sure if many places are like that.

Unregistered 18-07-2016 08:03 AM

Nasty managers are everywhere.

I left my previous job because I couldn't find a single reason to stay (i plotted my exit since the beginning). My manager aka boss was always at my throat, at everyone's throat, and worst of all, always talk **** about ex-staff or staff who went on reservist, and a whole tirade of problems (disorganised, micromanagement, last min ****, take leave and have to cancel all the time etc). I did loved my first job though, except that the boss was stingy with paying me and i had no benefits.

when i go for interviews i can easily sniff out some of the nasty managers from the way they present themselves, but others not so much because they hide it too well.

i think a good environment and culture is very important... i would stay if it's good, even if the job is boring.. i mean what job isn't boring after a while?

Unregistered 18-07-2016 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beezbobz (Post 88339)
Just curious regarding office culture as this is just my second job after graduation. Is it a norm for managers to be nasty? At my previous workplace, the management was relatively nice while I feel so miserable at my current workplace, constantly fearing backlash from managers. Having so much self doubt at my capability here.

Have been pondering about quitting but not sure if many places are like that.

It is heng suay. Usually there will be a mix of bad managers and good managers if it is a bigger company/department. If you work in a small company/department then tough luck as there is likely to be only 1 manager and if he/she sucks then good luck to you.

Beezbobz 18-07-2016 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88580)
Nasty managers are everywhere.

I left my previous job because I couldn't find a single reason to stay (i plotted my exit since the beginning). My manager aka boss was always at my throat, at everyone's throat, and worst of all, always talk **** about ex-staff or staff who went on reservist, and a whole tirade of problems (disorganised, micromanagement, last min ****, take leave and have to cancel all the time etc). I did loved my first job though, except that the boss was stingy with paying me and i had no benefits.

when i go for interviews i can easily sniff out some of the nasty managers from the way they present themselves, but others not so much because they hide it too well.

i think a good environment and culture is very important... i would stay if it's good, even if the job is boring.. i mean what job isn't boring after a while?

Yeah I have learnt that a good environment is very important too. Should have trusted my gut feeling and not make a jump when I could sense a negative vibe from my manager during interview. Micromanage, impatient, double standards are some reasons why I felt like leaving as soon as I joined too. Having nightmares of my work every other day since I joined oh gosh I can't take it anymore. But I can't exactly quote that as reasons to leave after just a few months if I go for interview right?

Unregistered 18-07-2016 09:50 PM

I like my job other than it pays me too little. :(

Unregistered 24-09-2016 04:07 PM

Why hiring managers love to ask what motivates a candidate or why they are applying for a job?

As if they love their job? :s11:

The reality is majority of people are just looking for a job to pay the bills, right?

Unregistered 24-09-2016 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88298)
I enjoy my job 75% of the time. I work in social services.

What kind of social service? Hiring fresh grad?

Unregistered 24-09-2016 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90669)
Why hiring managers love to ask what motivates a candidate or why they are applying for a job?

As if they love their job? :s11:

The reality is majority of people are just looking for a job to pay the bills, right?

People just love to hear lies, makes them feel good working in the company