Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Jobless Graduates Should Consider SAF (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/711-jobless-graduates-should-consider-singapore-armed-forces.html)

axe-- 18-05-2009 01:21 PM

how abt the Military Domain Experts Scheme (MDES)?
they never put the pay scale.
is that for poly graduate or degree graduate?

Ok i have heard of a Scholar MAJ earning abt $8000 which a farmer LTC earn abt $7000...nia

and how many farmer will reach LTC when u retired??even u are degree holder?

army_regular-- 19-05-2009 12:20 AM

i say... jobless graduates do reconsider other options!

but nonetheless, SAF is probably a good training ground on office politics.

wiseinvestor-- 19-05-2009 05:44 PM

Those with engineering degree can consider air engineering officer as it is not charge up the mountain with rifle and life during OCS is also better at the air force school.

In addition, you are doing engineering work, will be more useful to future employment after the contract ends.

axe-- 20-05-2009 12:26 PM

TO wiseinvestor

when i graduate in 2007 from ntu mechanical eng 2nd lower class, i apply for air engineering officer 5x, and got rejected letters from them 5x, even without any interview, test.whatsoever..

i was a combat medic CPL in my NS day from artillery unit

SO i dunno wat criteria is needed to get to air engineering officer

to axe-- 20-05-2009 04:19 PM

firstly learn to spell, secondly do not apply for 5 times the same way without asking why you are rejected and evolving you application letter.

anyway i think it is a waste of time to be in SAF. You will have to start from ground zero when the market is better. If you are not a scholar, and without relevant working experience, you can expect to be a cab driver or mama shop owner.

wiseinvestor-- 21-05-2009 02:24 PM

To axe,

Due to the plus points regarding air engineering officer, most with a good honors engineering degree would of course choose aeo rather than chiong up a mountain. Usually being rejected without any interviews is that they receive quite some applications and eliminate some by looking at academic results first.

As for saf, land and combat, because no one really wants to sign on unless no choice, any degree in any field will have a chance to go for interview. That one is look at whether you can make it as an officer.

This is like good MNCs companies hiring fresh graduates, those who get a chance to go for interviews are 2nd upper and above, as there are many of them and they can choose from among them.

careerwork-- 26-05-2009 10:57 PM

In Chinese , there is a saying " Good Man Does Not Be Soldier". So, Nothing better to do ???

But, if you are a SAF scholar, then it is different. Someone will map the career path for you and guarantee your promotion every few years. So,it is for you to judge the org tht receive the most $ from taxpayers.

to to axe-- 28-05-2009 05:57 PM

This is the typical prototype of the NTU undergraduate, can't think, can't spell and can't do anything. no wonder in the SAF, they and graduates from other local universities are called 'Farmers'.

DP-- 05-06-2009 07:59 PM

To to to axe,

Why do you have to insult NTU undergrads? What have they done to earn your belittling comments?
Which university were you from?

to axe-- 11-06-2009 07:24 PM

A top one.

Oh it's nothing personal, it's all business. NUS, NTU or SMU, all the same. No use fighting among each other. All for farmers.