Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Property Agents make A LOT of Money (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/642-property-agents-make-lot-money.html)

Steven--- 02-05-2008 02:42 PM

some earn more some earn less. but its really very tough market. I should know cause i'm an agent.

Realtor--- 02-05-2008 02:50 PM

Well, amist all the comments.. I find that most people still think that property agents earns good money based on simple work.

It is only when you are in the field itself than you would truely understand how it is really like.
For those who think it is easy, why not try giving up stability in your fixed pay job and give it a try for 1 year. you will understand what it feels like then (As a agent yourself).

People alway comment on things based on a empty head. If it is so easy a job / career, Nobody would be working for a lowly paid job anymore.
Have anyone really think of what the job is truely like??
1)Competition - More than 300,000 agents and increasing, fighting for the same rice bowl.
2)High Overhead Expense - Where you get some of your leads from, Flyers ($500monthly), Distribution ($20~25/1000pcs), Advertising (min $500 per month), transportation, phone bills, administration stuff, legal issues, follow-ups.

Basically Cost & Competition would be enough, it is like a self run business, sometimes you earn but you need to prepare for the rainy days. 1-2 deals monthly?? only enough to cover what you have spend on the overheads, not enough to give you & your family a good life.

Those who think it's still easy, just give it a try. After that, than you'll know how "EASY" it is..

neuromanticx--- 02-05-2008 03:43 PM

I guess ST "average" is miscommunicated. There are some months that they make and some months that they don't. So its an unsteady stream of income, and when you average it out over 12 months it is as if they make more than 10K each month, which I don't think so if there's nothing to sell and nobody buys anyway. So that's why they agents want to make big bucks whenever they get a chance to even out the days that they don't make.

wait and wait--- 02-05-2008 07:25 PM

Salary.sg is a good site. Good job admin. I realised there is a trend here. Most people want to find out what's the average pay of any vocation. When they see somebody getting good pay, they assume he is the best of the best and they want to know what the average get.

You know what? My opinion is that if you are average, you should be paid average. Period. There is a saying, "In any business and any industry, the top 3 companies make almost all the $$ and the rest of them just struggle to survive."
Same for jobs. The top management make most of the $$, the rest of the staff get enough to pay their bills. Same for footballers. Our S-league players maybe earn

clowned--- 02-05-2008 10:40 PM

i think housing agt is a very unstable job...life iua abt gives and takes. true, if house ag is so easy a job= came and try and see if u succed. i very much doubt that graduates can succeed as agent.. graduates only know how to be jealous of ag salary... everyone has the right to be succful in life, whthr they are highly educated or not.. i;m a graduate house agnt.. spasking up for my non- degree house agent frens..

wow--- 02-05-2008 10:55 PM

you sure talk like a graduate

a simple agent--- 02-05-2008 11:35 PM

I am a property agent and have in this biz for the past 8 mths. Like most sales line, there's a need of certain calibre in order to be sucessful in this line. To earn at least $10K per month on EVERY other month. The keyword is to MAINTAIN your results.
-Discipline, hardwork, skills of negotiation, luck, persistent
Like some said. It'a a truly unstable and stressful job when you cannot close a single deal after putting whole's month effort. Who's gonna pay for our expenses?
We are like farmers. We only get our fruit of our labour (which is cash) after we close the deal. If we don't close end of the day, we get NOTTING and nobody's gonna pay for our past effort. So sometime I called it 'business risk'.
For those listed as top earners or producers, only a business minded agent will be able to maintain their income because our salary is truly unstable.
This is really a competitive world which a lot of employed workers will never feel.

(I used to work for a gov agency for the past 7 years and I have recently quitted my full time job to work in this line. It's has never been easy for me.)

wait and wait--- 03-05-2008 12:07 AM

Post got truncated don't know why. Continue => S-league players maybe earn

wait and wait--- 03-05-2008 12:07 AM

there is a problem le...

chargingbull--- 03-05-2008 12:55 AM

It is disgusting how the straits times always tell what is not the truth!

The reality of the real estate business's top agents is in the multi-level earning power of the top of the uplines, and the amount of money collected from their misleading the masses into their recruitment drives, and the collection of huge amounts of training fees, from gullible people who are misled into thinking that they can chase that singapore dream of earning big bucks!

Another words, the straits times is not telling you the truth in short that the real estate business in singapore is about multi-multi-level marketing!

And agencies earn big bucks in collecting money from training "agents"