Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Property Agents make A LOT of Money (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/642-property-agents-make-lot-money.html)

Unregistered 06-01-2010 10:10 PM

I am a millionaire

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 5058)
wow congrats! by your estimation, what percentage of agents make as much as you do?

Thanks,

I joined in July '07... was very tough for the first 2 months but still managed to earn a net com (after deducting gst and company's over-writing) of $91,000 from July 07 to Dec 07.

In the year of 2008, I earned net com of $447,000

In the year of 2009, $524,000

Frankly speaking, not many agents make as much as I do, I am among one of the top few within my company and I do not go around bragging about the amount I earned. Since I do not have to mention my name here... I just offer my anonymous honesty here.

You need to think and act like a businessman in Real Estate. Be constantly motivated and really enjoy what you are doing to be successful. Yes, the first few months sucks but your initial obstacles merely lays the foundation towards success if you don't give up.

I started off as a title of Marketing Associate... now a Senior Group Director.

Email me at [email protected] only if you are really keen and hungry for sales. i will arrange an interview.

Btw, I am 29 this year.

Good luck

Unregistered 07-01-2010 02:00 PM

Sometimes people are just too lazy to think, and believe whatever they read or hear without giving much thought.

Once I went to a seminar conducted by this eager real-estate agent. And her company is quite established in Singapore. She claims to be a consistent top producer in year 2009... draws a monthly income of 10k+. One of her topics was why new agents don't earn money and give up is because they don't know how to present themselves... and her advise-

"always put your achievements in a file along with your presentation kit, like look i show my clients there i'm the top producer for Jan, Feb, blah blah. Look these are my results... rest assure I'll close you a good deal for your house." And like a flock of mindless sheeps people were just nodding in awe at her success and speech.

But i thought to myself, how do fresh new agents with zero experience and knowledge in this line able to file such impressive certs, go knock on people's doors and convince em to let us sell their houses?

Majority of the folks who were convinced by what is portrayed before them and come into real estate this way will get a big shock. Yes, the end game reward is there waiting for you, but in between you and the $$$ is a ton of hardwork that MANY people are not prepared for. Therefore you see 1000 joining, and 900 quitting quietly at the end of the year.

There are indeed agents who earn so much, but there are way more people who are struggling. Good money never come easy, always remember that. Sometimes articles / recruitment seminars might over glamourise things a bit, best is to get real time info from your family & friends who are in this line to get a better picture.

When I decided to join real estate, few of my friends advised me to think twice, saying don't rush to join the wagon because of news like these. Of course at the back of my head I totally understand that good money will not come without hardwork. With enough research, conviction and determination I decided to join anyway.

At the end of the day, it all depends on how individuals take approach to their work.

Jan 2010 is the 4th month into my job, and this is what I have achieved so far:

Sept: Went for in house training, and during this time i started spamming to my contacts... warming my leads. Read and explored property webbies everyday

Oct 1st month - clocked 10.6k of sales
Nov 2nd month - 2k
Dec 3rd month - 5.5k

Honestly I was quite satisfied by my first month's result, and I also know luck played a huge factor. But trust me, all this time there was never a single day I idled around (ok, maybe some days, but you get my point).

Now i'm contemplating quitting Uni because if i want to be consistent with my sales, something's gotta give (haven't been to school for the past 3 months).

Got something to ask me? feel free. [email protected]
and i'm from Dennis Wee Group

Unregistered 12-01-2010 05:25 PM

u are right

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 5059)
Thanks,

I joined in July '07... was very tough for the first 2 months but still managed to earn a net com (after deducting gst and company's over-writing) of $91,000 from July 07 to Dec 07.

Frankly speaking, not many agents make as much as I do, I am among one of the top few within my company and I do not go around bragging about the amount I earned. Since I do not have to mention my name here... I just offer my anonymous honesty here.

You need to think and act like a businessman in Real Estate. Be constantly motivated and really enjoy what you are doing to be successful. Yes, the first few months sucks but your initial obstacles merely lays the foundation towards success if you don't give up.

Email me at [email protected] only if you are really keen and hungry for sales. i will arrange an interview.

Btw, I am 29 this year.

Good luck

u are very right...alot of ppl doing sales are simply not honest enough - u want to be make money but u need to make money with a sense of integreity. I have seen salesman (i call them so because to me they are salesmen) doing all sort of things to get business....i have seen ppl switchin from property to insurance to property to back to insurance.....i can tell what sort of ppl they are.....

alot of sales man have this unrealistic dream of MAKING IT RICH WITHOUT WORKING HARD....i admire those that succeed becos i know they are really ppl who work hard who work smart who have the correct moral vlaues....there are 90% out there who don't succeed....i pity and despise them......

Unregistered 13-01-2010 09:12 PM

braggart

you said you don't want to brag but you put your age there?

there is almost no one earning that sum of money except this guy below

"PropNex agent Andy Goh, 29, raked in about $600,000 in commission this year alone - a huge increase from his takings of about $400,000 last year.

This former air force regular has been an agent for about 2 1/2 years.

He said: 'I've always had a passion for property and the returns can be good. I am focused on my high net-worth clients and it paid off.

'This is my best year. The property market did well, and it helped my business too.'"

Lowly paid 26-01-2010 08:37 AM

Very interesting reading different viewpoints for the amount of money a real estate agent can make, I am thinking of taking the plunge but am apprehensive, being lowly paid now, I would be happy just to make $3 to 4k pm in the begining just to tide by and build up my clientele but my main concern is going negative in the 1st year due to advertising and running expenses, anybody actually lose money in the first year being an RE agent?

Unregistered 08-02-2010 11:14 PM

The agencies are showing u everything positive about this trade. Join them ... Y? U think about it. Career seminar as RE agent ... who will be your direct boss? The speaker ??? or just throw u to another manager??? Guidance ... will they guide u to snatch their rice bowl? Singapore Property = One small pie. Who is willing to share this pie???

Talk to the recruiter and assess whether is he really that good, then decide about who to join.

Unregistered 17-02-2010 11:22 AM

there are about 30,000 agents in the streets. Buyers / sellers can go to many agents as they wish. The price expectation between the buyers and sellers, many times, are hard to bridge.

Alex Lim 06-03-2010 02:17 AM

Join 1st. Talk Later

I have been reading forums after forums and notice that many people are curious about the incomes Agents make.

Honestly, average agents make $5K to $15K.

Top notch agents make $20+K consistently every month.

Weak agents make $2K to $3K.

Period.

You hear sad stories from people who didnt make it, good stories by people who made it big, & nonsense from people not in our Industry.

Everyones experience is different to start with. Hear only from the people who are geared and trained to ensure your success. The rest is not important.

How many out there dares to take the challenge & do something GREAT for themselves?

My advice - Join 1st Talk Later.

With the right training and attitude, YOU WILL SUCCEED!

Email: [email protected] for more details.

Add us on facebook to see us in ACTION: Alex Lim | Facebook

Ciaoz

qns to ask 07-03-2010 11:56 AM

To "a simple agent"

a simple agent:

if you read this msg, appreciate if you can leave ur email address down?
have some qns for you.
thanks!

Gamble 16-04-2010 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 5059)
Thanks,

Btw, I am 29 this year.

Good luck

Marketing Assc to Snr Group Director? Someone in DWG?:D