Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Trading (Crude oil) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4951-trading-crude-oil.html)

Unregistered 12-03-2017 09:18 PM

can anybody shed some light on this role? is it operations or what?

s://.adecco.com.sg/transport-shipping-logistics-jobs/documentation-executive-derivative-contracts-oil-trading-/1060932

Unregistered 15-03-2017 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95403)
Yes I have a good performance grading, I think this is considered good given the environment now. Yes I am in a big firm. Been in this line for close to 4 years coming June.

Are you u in big oil or oil mnc? I believe your precious experience isn't directly related to credit analysis or oil? 4 years for 4.5k seems a bit on the low side. You would have hit that doing operations in bank as well...

Unregistered 15-03-2017 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95597)
Are you u in big oil or oil mnc? I believe your precious experience isn't directly related to credit analysis or oil? 4 years for 4.5k seems a bit on the low side. You would have hit that doing operations in bank as well...

I am in oil mnc. It is credit analysis. My bonus is 5 months plus.

Unregistered 15-03-2017 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95607)
I am in oil mnc. It is credit analysis. My bonus is 5 months plus.

The annual is good! Much higher than banks. Banks nowadays are unable to give so much bonus. Mind revealing how much increment did you get when u made the jump from bank?

Unregistered 15-03-2017 11:18 PM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;95621]The annual is good! Much higher than banks. Banks nowadays are unable to give so much bonus. Mind revealing how much increment did you get when u made the jump from bank?[/QUOTE)

I have been in the company for 1 year. 20% increment when I left the bank and I just got my increment in Feb. You are right, I used to get 3 to 4 months in banks. But over here it will be at least 5 to 6 months depending on performance. I would be staying on and not return to the banks for now, really doubt I can get this much bonus else where.

Unregistered 15-03-2017 11:47 PM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;95622]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95621)
The annual is good! Much higher than banks. Banks nowadays are unable to give so much bonus. Mind revealing how much increment did you get when u made the jump from bank?

I have been in the company for 1 year. 20% increment when I left the bank and I just got my increment in Feb. You are right, I used to get 3 to 4 months in banks. But over here it will be at least 5 to 6 months depending on performance. I would be staying on and not return to the banks for now, really doubt I can get this much bonus else where.

Is the increment at oil better than bank? Saw some openings on jobstreet in oil mnc, was thinking to give it a try. Currently I'm in financial institution doing ops.. what were you doing in banks before this? I only have ops exp and none in credit risk...

Unregistered 15-03-2017 11:59 PM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;95623]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95622)

Is the increment at oil better than bank? Saw some openings on jobstreet in oil mnc, was thinking to give it a try. Currently I'm in financial institution doing ops.. what were you doing in banks before this? I only have ops exp and none in credit risk...

The increment at oil is slightly better than banks. Just 1 to 2% difference. You can try applying for ops role in oil, like operators in trading. I was in ops in bank for 1 year then becomes credit risk till now.

Unregistered 16-03-2017 06:59 PM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;95625]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95623)

The increment at oil is slightly better than banks. Just 1 to 2% difference. You can try applying for ops role in oil, like operators in trading. I was in ops in bank for 1 year then becomes credit risk till now.

The institution that I'm in pay even lower bonus... how much is the increment in banks? Might wanna try bank as well.. I've only gotten 5% increment but almost nil bonus..

Unregistered 16-03-2017 07:56 PM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;95649]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95625)

The institution that I'm in pay even lower bonus... how much is the increment in banks? Might wanna try bank as well.. I've only gotten 5% increment but almost nil bonus..

5% is quite good already. And varies from banks to banks. Some is just 2 to 3%. Different banks have different pay structure so you can just apply.

Unregistered 16-03-2017 08:53 PM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;95651]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95649)

5% is quite good already. And varies from banks to banks. Some is just 2 to 3%. Different banks have different pay structure so you can just apply.

thanks. will try. but the almost nil bonus makes my annual pay below average..