Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS Graduate Associate Program (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4917-dbs-graduate-associate-program.html)

Unregistered 02-03-2018 07:41 PM

Hi, I applied for DBS SEED too, at the first face to face interview stage.

However, the HR took like 3 weeks to get back to me, and in the meantime I've received several offers from other companies, with salary in the high 4k. I haven't accepted any at this time, trying to stall for more time as I have several other applications in the pipeline.

I'd like to seek advice from all: Should I inform DBS HR about my other offers before going for the interview? I need to give the other companies an answer soon.
Also for those with more experience than us fresh grads: Any advice for us noobish fresh grads selecting our first job?

Unregistered 02-03-2018 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105260)
Hi, I applied for DBS SEED too, at the first face to face interview stage.

However, the HR took like 3 weeks to get back to me, and in the meantime I've received several offers from other companies, with salary in the high 4k. I haven't accepted any at this time, trying to stall for more time as I have several other applications in the pipeline.

I'd like to seek advice from all: Should I inform DBS HR about my other offers before going for the interview? I need to give the other companies an answer soon.
Also for those with more experience than us fresh grads: Any advice for us noobish fresh grads selecting our first job?

Go for the other jobs instead of waiting.

Unregistered 04-03-2018 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105262)
Go for the other jobs instead of waiting.

Thanks for advice, is that due to salary at DBS being lower, or DBS being a bad place to start a career?

Unregistered 04-03-2018 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105312)
Thanks for advice, is that due to salary at DBS being lower, or DBS being a bad place to start a career?

Your other offers are also good with high 4k. I think for fresh grads these are already good offers.

You wont know if DBS will offer you so you should consider other offers first. Unless there is a strong reason on why you want to join DBS.

DBS is not a bad place. It is more stable than most of the foreign banks. Do note that they may pay you lower but their bonus is more stable and higher compared to most foreign banks.

For banking industry, it will be better to join local banks now. Foreign banks are always on a cost cutting mode and some businesses are not doing well. If you want to join DBS, make sure you join a function where your skill sets can be transferred to another industry.

synchron 04-03-2018 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105319)
Your other offers are also good with high 4k. I think for fresh grads these are already good offers.

You wont know if DBS will offer you so you should consider other offers first. Unless there is a strong reason on why you want to join DBS.

DBS is not a bad place. It is more stable than most of the foreign banks. Do note that they may pay you lower but their bonus is more stable and higher compared to most foreign banks.

For banking industry, it will be better to join local banks now. Foreign banks are always on a cost cutting mode and some businesses are not doing well. If you want to join DBS, make sure you join a function where your skill sets can be transferred to another industry.

Hi, would you happen to know what the pay scale is like for DBS? Also, any info on career progression would be great.

I heard 4-4.2.

Unregistered 04-03-2018 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by synchron (Post 105353)
Hi, would you happen to know what the pay scale is like for DBS? Also, any info on career progression would be great.

I heard 4-4.2.

Unfortunately no.

Unregistered 06-03-2018 09:08 AM

Anyone got the panel interview recently? After the completion of the video interview.

For Consumer Banking (Distribution)

Unregistered 26-03-2018 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105404)
Anyone got the panel interview recently? After the completion of the video interview.

For Consumer Banking (Distribution)

Have anyone heard anything? Kind of losing hope here.

Unregistered 10-04-2018 08:00 PM

Just completed the tests and video interview for CBG last friday,

Unregistered 10-04-2018 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 106164)
Have anyone heard anything? Kind of losing hope here.

I just completed my online tests and video interview on the 6th april. Have u gotten a confirmation for the panel interview since?