Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Jobs Bank is finally up (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4118-jobs-bank-finally-up.html)

Unregistered 14-08-2014 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George (Post 54717)
Hi,
For some jobs I find that there are 1 or 2 openings but more than 50 applications.
In such cases, the company should hire quickly and close the job posting.
This saves a lot of people a lot of time and money.

really? letting in more bodies is more important than quality?

Unregistered 14-08-2014 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boongaylim (Post 54522)
How many days between the application is "processed" and becomes "shortlisted" or "not shortlisted"? I have been waiting for the last 20 days for the "processed" to change to something else.

Who is monitoring jobsbank for such obviously careless usage?

move on, bro. they are not into you.

Jennifer 18-08-2014 09:07 AM

number of jobs has come down

Is it just me or someone has noticed a decline in number of postings in the jobsbank?
On friday there were almost 60k+ jobs, today there are only 57k+ jobs.
What can be the cause of this decline?

boongaylim 19-08-2014 05:57 PM

jobs on jobsbank that are beyond the closing date

Hi,
Has anyone noticed that some of the jobs you are view already beyond the "closing date"? What might be the reason for this?

Unregistered 04-09-2014 10:42 AM

I think there is something seriously wrong with the jobsbank process
I applied for quite a few jobs, and all of them have the "new" status on them. Meaning the companies did not even bother to open up the application.

this is not just for 1 or 2, but 90% of the applications i applied for (I applied for around 13 roles)

I understand being rejected, but how do they know whether to reject me if they didnt even open my application.

I think companies are wising up to the fact that they only need to advertise for 2 weeks and not bothering to actually look at the applications. They can therefore continue to hire foreigners without any issue as they have satisfied the FCF requirement

Unregistered 07-09-2014 09:07 PM

complaint about companies flouting norms

Hi,
Why don't you guys approach your MP with these issues? He will bring these to the attention to MOM and get these investigated.

Unregistered 08-09-2014 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 56064)
Hi,
Why don't you guys approach your MP with these issues? He will bring these to the attention to MOM and get these investigated.

Do you really think the MP could help?

boongaylim 08-09-2014 10:45 AM

companies flouting norms

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 56076)

Hi,
The MP will surely help. Jobsbank was floated by the govt to help Singaporeans (companies and individuals). Info from this portal will be used by companies to source foreigners on EP. Hence MP will help. Goto him/her with details of openings, the date you applied, how your case has remained "new" all along, etc. He will pass on details to MOM who will check on these companies. MP cannot help you if companies behave irresponsbily on jobsdb, jobstreet, etc, but when it comes to a facility provided by govt, s/he can help.
Good luck.

Unregistered 08-09-2014 01:39 PM

check with MOM/WDA as well

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 56076)

I worte to WDA about some of the cases where my application was "processed" for almost 1 month and noone was contacting me.
Soon after I herd from the company.

Unregistered 08-09-2014 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 56086)
I worte to WDA about some of the cases where my application was "processed" for almost 1 month and noone was contacting me.
Soon after I herd from the company.

which means that the company initially was not interested in looking at your resume, but as soon as they were red flagged, quickly decided to contact you

if everyone has to resort to this, whats the use of the Jobs bank. It shows a lack on sincerity from the hiring companies, they do not bother to look at local's resume through the jobs bank unless there is someone putting pressure on them

btw I too have applied for quite a number of jobs and all of them are in the "new" status. Meaning that the company has not even bothered to look at them (exceeding 2 weeks), mind you this is for quite a few different companies

There is something seriously wrong going on