Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Jobs Bank is finally up (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4118-jobs-bank-finally-up.html)

boongaylim 17-07-2014 05:23 PM

[QUOTE=100sheets;53491]personally, I don't see any difference from jobstreet or jobscentral.
I thought this jobsbank is only for singaporeans, but it seems like you don't need a password to view the jobs (and the email addresses which you can send your application in). you'll still get foreigners competing with you for job.

1. You don't need a password to view jobs, but need one to apply for a job. Only Sinaporeans with Singpass can apply.

2. Jobs on jobstreet, etc, stay forever. Even when the advertiser finds a candidate, they may forget to remove the posting. On jobsbank, all postings will expire in 30 days. This will ensure freshness.

3. Once a company wishes to get an EP, MOM will ask them "20 Singaporeans applied for this job, yet you say that every single one of these was incompetent. Tell us how this can be true." Many companies are already fearing this line of inquiry.

Unregistered 17-07-2014 05:52 PM

[QUOTE=boongaylim;53497]
Quote:

Originally Posted by 100sheets (Post 53491)
personally, I don't see any difference from jobstreet or jobscentral.
I thought this jobsbank is only for singaporeans, but it seems like you don't need a password to view the jobs (and the email addresses which you can send your application in). you'll still get foreigners competing with you for job.

1. You don't need a password to view jobs, but need one to apply for a job. Only Sinaporeans with Singpass can apply.

2. Jobs on jobstreet, etc, stay forever. Even when the advertiser finds a candidate, they may forget to remove the posting. On jobsbank, all postings will expire in 30 days. This will ensure freshness.

3. Once a company wishes to get an EP, MOM will ask them "20 Singaporeans applied for this job, yet you say that every single one of these was incompetent. Tell us how this can be true." Many companies are already fearing this line of inquiry.

So does it mean that companies which wish to hire foreigners will advertise on JobsDB, Jobstreet instead?

Unregistered 17-07-2014 09:20 PM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;53498]
Quote:

Originally Posted by boongaylim (Post 53497)

So does it mean that companies which wish to hire foreigners will advertise on JobsDB, Jobstreet instead?

Yes and No. The purpose of jobsbank is to ensure that no Singaporeans can/want to take up the job before the company can hire foreigner. So even if they put up on JobsDB or Jobstreet, the coy still will not be able to hire a foreigner, they have to go through jobsbank, then confirm no Singaporeans apply, then are allowed to hire foreigners. But not all positions must go through jobsbank, I think only a certain percentage. So if a coy wants to hire more, they must go through jobsbank.

100sheets 18-07-2014 11:28 AM

http://tryit.sg/edmw/ftjob.jpg

100sheets 18-07-2014 11:32 AM

Quote:

many of the jobs have email addresses which non-singaporeans can use to apply to the jobs too.

Quote:

seriously, no one fears this question. they will just create some ridiculous requirement to prove that the 20 singaporeans do not fit the position. if a company is intent on hiring an FT, they will just post on jobsbank just for the sake of posting - just going through the motions.

boongaylim 18-07-2014 03:05 PM

jobsbank

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100sheets (Post 53533)
many of the jobs have email addresses which non-singaporeans can use to apply to the jobs too.

A non-singaporean can apply for a job and get selected also, at the time of EP processing, MOM will exercise some control.

seriously, no one fears this question. they will just create some ridiculous requirement to prove that the 20 singaporeans do not fit the position. if a company is intent on hiring an FT, they will just post on jobsbank just for the sake of posting - just going through the motions.

Many companies are actually fearing this questions. Companies that used to get employees by the planeload from India, China, Philippines are no longer getting EP in such numbers. MOM can get really rough in their questions. Looks like you need to research somewhat more.

boongaylim 22-07-2014 09:09 PM

count is 30k now

I can view more than 30,000 jobs on the jobsbank already. I think more than 1000 jobs are being added everyday. At this rate, by the National Day we might have more than 50,000 jobs on the jobsbank. Hope the stringent oversight of MOM will prevent misuse of jobsbank.

Unregistered 22-07-2014 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boongaylim (Post 53664)
I can view more than 30,000 jobs on the jobsbank already. I think more than 1000 jobs are being added everyday. At this rate, by the National Day we might have more than 50,000 jobs on the jobsbank. Hope the stringent oversight of MOM will prevent misuse of jobsbank.

How much do they pay you to advertise here?

jljh 23-07-2014 08:10 AM

what's stopping companies from posting on jobsbank and then 2 weeks later they can also post elsewhere. And if they only want FTs, they can then toss away all Singaporeans/PR applicants or delay the selection.

100sheets 26-07-2014 10:41 PM

the jobs bank is a good way to find out which positions your company has already ear-marked for foreigners.

if HR post to local recruitment company - job is for local.
if HR post to jobsbank.gov.sg - job is for foreigner. they already have someone in mind, and they are just going through the 2 week motions since government force them too.

at least thats my experience from my company lar.