Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Jobs Bank is finally up (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4118-jobs-bank-finally-up.html)

George 08-08-2014 10:57 AM

status of application in jobsbank

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 54363)
Is it just me or status of most of my applications are 'New'? Does it mean they are rejected?

Everything starts with "new". Not sure what happens next. If the advertiser decides not to hire anyone, you will receive no news or notification. The status of your application will continue with the "new" forever.

boongaylim 11-08-2014 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 53891)
shortlisted means you are shortlisted for interview

Processed means your application for the particular position is being processed. The result is not out yet. Can be shortlisted or not shortlisted.

How many days between the application is "processed" and becomes "shortlisted" or "not shortlisted"? I have been waiting for the last 20 days for the "processed" to change to something else.

Who is monitoring jobsbank for such obviously careless usage?

Unregistered 11-08-2014 10:59 PM

"New"

My case is even worse..Been close to 2 weeks since application and my status still remains as "New" and not "Processed".

Can i confirm my suspicion that if i'm not shortlisted, my application status would remain as "New" forever..?

Anyone knows how it works from the employer's receiving end?

PinkyToes 12-08-2014 10:51 AM

Im a jobseeker now and is still unemployed for about 2.5 months. let me share with you my experience in jobsbank.

Most of my application status are 'New' or 'processed', not even to the point of reaching 'shortlisted'. However, I do get some calls regarding about my application and I did get an interview though the job status is still 'new'. Therefore, I could conclude that employers do receive your application and will follow up if you are a suitable candidate, although they might not alter your job status. Likewise, they might alter your job status but would not follow up because they might be the employers that declares there are no singaporeans willing to take up the job offer like what the papers said.

Johnathan 12-08-2014 11:18 AM

responsible behaviour

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkyToes (Post 54573)
Im a jobseeker now and is still unemployed for about 2.5 months. let me share with you my experience in jobsbank.

Most of my application status are 'New' or 'processed', not even to the point of reaching 'shortlisted'. However, I do get some calls regarding about my application and I did get an interview though the job status is still 'new'. Therefore, I could conclude that employers do receive your application and will follow up if you are a suitable candidate, although they might not alter your job status. Likewise, they might alter your job status but would not follow up because they might be the employers that declares there are no singaporeans willing to take up the job offer like what the papers said.

Hi,
Some companies never update the status of applications on jobsbank - although MOM has asked them to be responsible and timely in their updates. Just drop a line to MOM of all your cases and they will follow up. I heard that employers that are irresponsbile on jobsbank might not be granted EP unless they clean up their act. Wait and watch.

Johnathan 12-08-2014 11:39 AM

status of application in jobsbank

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 54548)
My case is even worse..Been close to 2 weeks since application and my status still remains as "New" and not "Processed".

Can i confirm my suspicion that if i'm not shortlisted, my application status would remain as "New" forever..?

Anyone knows how it works from the employer's receiving end?

Hi,
Your status will remain "new" until the employer chooses to change it. I have been interviewed already and the status for me is still "new".
The only way out is to bring all such cases to the attention of MOM. They will take the errant employers to task.

Unregistered 12-08-2014 08:30 PM

"New"

Glad to hear that there are people being called up.

Thanks PinkyToes and Jonathan, good luck in your search!

Jennifer 12-08-2014 11:15 PM

Anyone found job using jobsbank?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkyToes (Post 54573)
... Likewise, they might alter your job status but would not follow up because they might be the employers that declares there are no singaporeans willing to take up the job offer like what the papers said.

MOM will audit these firms - how many applications they received, how many they interviewed, etc. If for 1 vacancy, a company receives 50 applications, the company cannot simply throw away all these and then say that "no suitable Singaporean found". MOM has smart folks and will take these companies to taks in no time.

Hope you get a job soon.

George 14-08-2014 06:06 PM

too many folks chasing too few jobs

Hi,
For some jobs I find that there are 1 or 2 openings but more than 50 applications.
In such cases, the company should hire quickly and close the job posting.
This saves a lot of people a lot of time and money.

Unregistered 14-08-2014 10:56 PM

irresponsible conduct

Quote:

Originally Posted by George (Post 54717)
Hi,
For some jobs I find that there are 1 or 2 openings but more than 50 applications.

I second this

Unregistered 14-08-2014 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George (Post 54717)
Hi,

really? letting in more bodies is more important than quality?

Unregistered 14-08-2014 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boongaylim (Post 54522)
How many days between the application is "processed" and becomes "shortlisted" or "not shortlisted"? I have been waiting for the last 20 days for the "processed" to change to something else.

Who is monitoring jobsbank for such obviously careless usage?

move on, bro. they are not into you.

Jennifer 18-08-2014 09:07 AM

number of jobs has come down

Is it just me or someone has noticed a decline in number of postings in the jobsbank?
On friday there were almost 60k+ jobs, today there are only 57k+ jobs.
What can be the cause of this decline?

boongaylim 19-08-2014 05:57 PM

jobs on jobsbank that are beyond the closing date

Hi,
Has anyone noticed that some of the jobs you are view already beyond the "closing date"? What might be the reason for this?

Unregistered 04-09-2014 10:42 AM

I think there is something seriously wrong with the jobsbank process
I applied for quite a few jobs, and all of them have the "new" status on them. Meaning the companies did not even bother to open up the application.

this is not just for 1 or 2, but 90% of the applications i applied for (I applied for around 13 roles)

I understand being rejected, but how do they know whether to reject me if they didnt even open my application.

I think companies are wising up to the fact that they only need to advertise for 2 weeks and not bothering to actually look at the applications. They can therefore continue to hire foreigners without any issue as they have satisfied the FCF requirement

Unregistered 07-09-2014 09:07 PM

complaint about companies flouting norms

Hi,
Why don't you guys approach your MP with these issues? He will bring these to the attention to MOM and get these investigated.

Unregistered 08-09-2014 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 56064)
Hi,
Why don't you guys approach your MP with these issues? He will bring these to the attention to MOM and get these investigated.

Do you really think the MP could help?

boongaylim 08-09-2014 10:45 AM

companies flouting norms

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 56076)

Hi,
The MP will surely help. Jobsbank was floated by the govt to help Singaporeans (companies and individuals). Info from this portal will be used by companies to source foreigners on EP. Hence MP will help. Goto him/her with details of openings, the date you applied, how your case has remained "new" all along, etc. He will pass on details to MOM who will check on these companies. MP cannot help you if companies behave irresponsbily on jobsdb, jobstreet, etc, but when it comes to a facility provided by govt, s/he can help.
Good luck.

Unregistered 08-09-2014 01:39 PM

check with MOM/WDA as well

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 56076)

I worte to WDA about some of the cases where my application was "processed" for almost 1 month and noone was contacting me.
Soon after I herd from the company.

Unregistered 08-09-2014 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 56086)
I worte to WDA about some of the cases where my application was "processed" for almost 1 month and noone was contacting me.
Soon after I herd from the company.

which means that the company initially was not interested in looking at your resume, but as soon as they were red flagged, quickly decided to contact you

if everyone has to resort to this, whats the use of the Jobs bank. It shows a lack on sincerity from the hiring companies, they do not bother to look at local's resume through the jobs bank unless there is someone putting pressure on them

btw I too have applied for quite a number of jobs and all of them are in the "new" status. Meaning that the company has not even bothered to look at them (exceeding 2 weeks), mind you this is for quite a few different companies

There is something seriously wrong going on

boongaylim 08-09-2014 06:29 PM

how to make companies notice your application

Looks like the only way to get companies to respond to your application on jobsbank is to contact the WDA/MOM...

Unregistered 29-09-2014 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boongaylim (Post 56109)
Looks like the only way to get companies to respond to your application on jobsbank is to contact the WDA/MOM...

this is ridiculous, since posting earlier, I have applications which are still on the "new" status (meaning the company hasn't even looked at it) for more than a month

I understand not getting the position, but not even looking at the application for consideration? makes me think these companies are just posting on the jobsbank to tick a box and not even caring about the applications on it

Guys, please make your voice heard. call WDA/MOM , write to the newspaper and post on forums. Also talk to your MP's. Not to air out your grievances on not getting a job, but rather to highlight structural problems in the jobsbank and process and how it is being taken(and us locals along with it) for a ride.

This needs to be done right so that the FCF maintains its original intention

boongaylim 01-10-2014 11:27 AM

interview in a company

I attended an interview not too long ago. The interviewer told me that they had already identified someone in the Philippines and wanted to reject 10 Singapore candidates before applying for EP for this person. I walked out of the interview.
It is time now that Singaporeans stand up united and hit out at such companies.
Before posting any job opening, the companies should announce if they have already identified someone. This will save a lot of time and effort for everyone.

Unregistered 02-10-2014 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boongaylim (Post 57155)
I attended an interview not too long ago. The interviewer told me that they had already identified someone in the Philippines and wanted to reject 10 Singapore candidates before applying for EP for this person. I walked out of the interview.
It is time now that Singaporeans stand up united and hit out at such companies.
Before posting any job opening, the companies should announce if they have already identified someone. This will save a lot of time and effort for everyone.

bro, you have a obligation to all your countrymen to call MOM/WDA and report this company and the position(try to be as detailed as possible). They will know you are telling the truth when they see the EP application for the philippino from this company. we need to stand up and make sure the the FCF does what it is intended to (Give Singaporeans a fighting chance)

Unregistered 03-10-2014 12:12 PM

Full of agencies

Great... now Recruit Express ads are flooding up the jobs bank

boongaylim 03-10-2014 01:21 PM

Recruit Express ads

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 57249)
Great... now Recruit Express ads are flooding up the jobs bank

So long as these jobs exist and flow to Singaporeans, I am all for it.

Jasmine 05-10-2014 10:38 AM

Making companies hire Singaporeans

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLKCAhBoy90 (Post 57306)
I've got "shortlisted" on one of the jobs I applied in JobsBank but they have not called me for interview at all.

It may be possible they changed their mind.

Most of the jobs I applied for are also still showing as "New".

I seem to recall reading an article somewhere that some companies are just posting jobs there for show only.

I suggest you approach WDA/MOM/your MP with all details. They will get the matter investigated.

Many companies are advertising on jobsbank with no intent of hiring Singaporeans. Others go through the motions of interviewing Singaporeans and reject their automatically. Some of these are under the MOM scanner.

Unregistered 06-10-2014 01:54 AM

Guys out there who encounter companies that are misusing the jobs bank, please do notify WDA/MOM. If nobody alerts MOM about these errant companies, they will not know and think that all is fine. I got my job through jobs bank, but I can tell you that before I got it, I went through a lot of applying and interviewing. I was contacted by a few errant companies that simply wanted to fulfill their quota of interviews. Please, please complain to MOM. Every single company that tried to pull stunt or did not interview me seriously, I dropped MOM an email. All these coy must kena fine first before learning their lesson. If everyone just keep quiet, MOM will not know.

Jasmine 06-10-2014 10:22 AM

mom/wda

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 57341)
Guys out there who encounter companies that are misusing the jobs bank, please do notify WDA/MOM. If nobody alerts MOM about these errant companies, they will not know and think that all is fine. I got my job through jobs bank, but I can tell you that before I got it, I went through a lot of applying and interviewing. I was contacted by a few errant companies that simply wanted to fulfill their quota of interviews. Please, please complain to MOM. Every single company that tried to pull stunt or did not interview me seriously, I dropped MOM an email. All these coy must kena fine first before learning their lesson. If everyone just keep quiet, MOM will not know.

How do I nofify WDA? Don't they know already how many folks apply for a job, how many get interviewed, etc? All this information needs to be presented while applying for EP.

Unregistered 07-10-2014 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 57341)

yes, on what basis did you make the assumption that they pulled a stunt or did not interview you seriously? it would be good to share this information so that others also present credible evidence of errant companies rather than being upset that they did not get a job(which perhaps the employer thought they were not a good match for) and rant at WDA/MOM regarding this company

Jennifer 07-10-2014 02:38 PM

fake interview

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 57408)
yes, on what basis did you make the assumption that they pulled a stunt or did not interview you seriously? it would be good to share this information so that others also present credible evidence of errant companies rather than being upset that they did not get a job(which perhaps the employer thought they were not a good match for) and rant at WDA/MOM regarding this company

In my company, for every Singaporean that applied, we rated them "education does not match the requirements", "experience does not match the requirements", "attitude does not match the requirements". To be fare, all candidates were disqualifed in strict order - education, experience, attitude, etc. Noone could prove that we were fake.

One day I got replaced by FT.

Unregistered 14-10-2014 11:10 AM

should feedback so that the jobsbank is more effective, if we don't we only have ourselves to blame as we cannot blame PAP as they already have the tool in place

Jennifer 27-10-2014 12:02 PM

number of job postings on the decline

Hi,
has anyone noticed? Now there are less than 55,000 psotings on the jobsbank. Just a few days bank, there were as many as 71,000. What is causing this fluctuation? Have the employers stopped advertising or Singaporeans stopped applying?

Unregistered 28-10-2014 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennifer (Post 58167)
Hi,
has anyone noticed? Now there are less than 55,000 psotings on the jobsbank. Just a few days bank, there were as many as 71,000. What is causing this fluctuation? Have the employers stopped advertising or Singaporeans stopped applying?

now is the period when employers stop hiring and employees awaiting for bonus.. No quit no hire

Unregistered 20-02-2015 09:43 PM

did anyone notice they've stopped including the name of the employers in the listings?

Unregistered 20-02-2015 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennifer (Post 58167)
Hi,

part time hire for chinese new year... and i think it is 55000 vacancies, not unique posting. i have seen a jod ad with 450 vacancies which contributes to the total number of vacancies.

i have been monitoring jobs bank for the most of dec and jan due to my work... the number is usually around 50000.

Unregistered 22-02-2015 12:01 PM

Is Jobsbank useful? Anyone manage to find a job or at least secure a real interview from companies who advertised in there?

villan 22-02-2015 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 63140)
Is Jobsbank useful? Anyone manage to find a job or at least secure a real interview from companies who advertised in there?

Secured interview only.

Unregistered 25-03-2015 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 63091)
did anyone notice they've stopped including the name of the employers in the listings?

yes, and the contact details as well!
I think this is to circumvent foreigners looking up the contact details and applygin directly to the employer

good move!
thanks jobsbank!

guys seems like they are listening to our feedback, keep it coming!

Unregistered 01-06-2015 09:25 AM

I wonder are there many jobsbank applicants who are just applying for most jobs just for the sake of it without any real interests or fulfilling the job's basic requirements aka applying the jobsfor fun just like in jobstreet?