Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   ocbc associate/fresh talent programme (ops & tech) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3260-oversea-chinese-banking-corporation-associate-fresh-talent-programme-ops-tech.html)

Unregistered 30-10-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44644)
How u know?
Realised Ocbc job ads not accurate, always state lower requirements but in actual fact will only choose those higher than stated requirements

Are you retarded? Why would they not do it, if they can get better candidates?

Unregistered 30-10-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44682)

chill dude..

i guess they know this prog will not attract lots of top fresh grads, hence lower the req. somemore recruiting now, all the good talents taken up alr.. no ikan prawn boleh juga

Unregistered 30-10-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44644)
How u know?
Realised Ocbc job ads not accurate, always state lower requirements but in actual fact will only choose those higher than stated requirements

that is obvious, if a degree holder applied for a diploma job, of cos will get diploma pay.

Unregistered 31-10-2013 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44682)

Knn why must u talk like that?
Maybe I phrase wrongly, what i mean by their job ads sometimes not accurate is they do want higher requirements rather than what they advertise. Some of their job ads also have vague info. I applied for a position last time stating require 3 years exp, in the end the HR called me for interview for another position, and told me the one i applied to need 5 years after I asked her. Same thing with a current colleague when he called bk to ask cos didnt hear from them and realise need higher requirements than advertised.

Unregistered 31-10-2013 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44695)
that is obvious, if a degree holder applied for a diploma job, of cos will get diploma pay.

Not sure, but thats not what i mean. But anyway your pay commensurate with experience more than just your initial qualification.

Unregistered 31-10-2013 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44702)
Knn why must u talk like that?
Maybe I phrase wrongly, what i mean by their job ads sometimes not accurate is they do want higher requirements rather than what they advertise. Some of their job ads also have vague info. I applied for a position last time stating require 3 years exp, in the end the HR called me for interview for another position, and told me the one i applied to need 5 years after I asked her. Same thing with a current colleague when he called bk to ask cos didnt hear from them and realise need higher requirements than advertised.

Because it's easier for the HR to make up a story like that than to tell you that you don't even meet their minimum requirement.

HR in another bank 31-10-2013 12:10 PM

there are indeed such cases. it's either it hasn't been updated internally after a requirement review or in most cases, the third-party job portal system auto update by generating the old template. it can happen if the requirements are just changed recently. certain roles will be reviewed if there's a misjudgement of initial requirements (eg. few batches of fresh grads can't perform, 2 years experience insufficient for required jobscope etc) or when new responsibilities are added in. remunerations will often be adjusted during a review.

Unregistered 31-10-2013 12:23 PM

Do not apply for this program, my friend in OCBC works in the dept that has already 'choped' 3 headcounts under this program.

According to him, it is not really a program but more like odd job labourers that will be thrown around depending on which dept put up a 'chope' request. HR try to advertise by saying is job rotation, but the real reason is due to budget constraint a lot of dept dont have enough money for a perm position

They are pooling together a flexible workforce that can be deployed for few weeks to few months in various depts and branches to help out in sai gang.

Unregistered 31-10-2013 12:27 PM

i heard from uni's camp recruitment event, that local bank associate's starting pay could be in a range between $3000 to $3500. so this refers to such fresh graduate programme at degree level, right?

Unregistered 31-10-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44653)
so is this a good job to take up as a start of banking career? it sounds good with the extra opportunities altho like more saikang involved. I see them posting 2 same ads within a month now, seems that they still lack of good candidates

If u are fresh grad / no banking exp, then cant afford to be choosy. Any opportunity will be an experience. You dun want, there will be tons of people who want the job.