Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 15-12-2022 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236978)
Seeking input from folks who have done kyc in both PB and C&IB. Which one do you prefer and why?

PB - More "grey" and hence challenging, exciting, dynamic and fun!

Unregistered 16-12-2022 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 237184)
PB - More "grey" and hence challenging, exciting, dynamic and fun!

Do you need to do SOW profiling for BOs for corporate & investment banking?

Unregistered 16-12-2022 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 237200)

no, just have passport and bank statement will do

Unregistered 17-12-2022 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 237200)

haven't done CIB sorry. and i'm in the 2lod aml function, not kyc, so can't advise.

Unregistered 10-01-2023 02:49 PM

How possible is it to enter the Private Equity or Hedge fund space to do compliance? I heard that the salary scale in these type of companies are through the roof, especially when it comes to bonus. Is 5 years of banking compliance advisory enough?

Unregistered 16-01-2023 11:26 AM

What is the monthly average for 10 years of relevant working experience?

Unregistered 16-01-2023 10:43 PM

just got laid off... fk aml kyc job all go india to do cb....

Unregistered 17-01-2023 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238830)

Which bank and what role exactly ?

Unregistered 17-01-2023 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238830)

KYC and AML roles in PB and IB are not outsourced and won't be. This must be some garbage institution that you're working for.

Unregistered 17-01-2023 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238835)
Which bank and what role exactly ?

goldman sachs, part of 4k layoff

Unregistered 17-01-2023 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238869)

Congratulations lolol

Unregistered 21-01-2023 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238869)

Sorry to hear this. There are some open roles out there in the job portals, hope you can find something that suits you.

What exactly in GS do you do? KYC onboarding? TM?

Unregistered 21-01-2023 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 239072)
Sorry to hear this. There are some open roles out there in the job portals, hope you can find something that suits you.

What exactly in GS do you do? KYC onboarding? TM?

due diligence kyc

Unregistered 22-01-2023 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 239074)
due diligence kyc

Thanks for sharing and again, sorry to hear this. For which division? PB or IB?

Unregistered 16-02-2023 09:26 PM

Changing career from HR to Compliance

Looking to change career from HR to Compliance, is this advisable?

Worth to sacrifice 10 years of HR experience for junior compliance role.
Zero compliance experience, and got offered a junior compliance role at 3.5k.

Unregistered 16-02-2023 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240482)

10 yoe in HR at least 10k and u want to jump to 3.5k role... u dumb or what?????

Unregistered 16-02-2023 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240482)

what's your basis for wanting to go to compliance? any pull factors?

Unregistered 16-02-2023 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240489)

aml kyc > compliance

Unregistered 17-02-2023 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240489)

Salary is higher as I progress along.
Average HR manager salary range is 5 to 6k in Singapore.
For compliance 5 to 6k is mid-senior level, which means the salary range is wider than HR.
Of course, all these i based it from job portals, might not be accurate, so came here to get advise.

Unregistered 17-02-2023 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240487)
10 yoe in HR at least 10k and u want to jump to 3.5k role... u dumb or what?????

sorry, 10 years in HR does not give me 10k, and thus I am thinking of switching. At most 5k only.

Unregistered 17-02-2023 09:56 AM

The average people will always earn average money.
You should think about it this way: what should I be doing differently to get a better role with my 10 YoE in HR?
HRBP in a good company can earn 10k+
Also, HR is a role reserved for the locals and it will never be totally outsourced. While AML roles can be outsourced any time.
All companies neee some kind of HR service, but only some companies need AML people.

Unregistered 18-02-2023 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240515)
For compliance 5 to 6k is mid-senior level, which means the salary range is wider than HR.
Of course, all these i based it from job portals, might not be accurate, so came here to get advise.

didn't quite catch the "compliance 5 to 6k is mid-senior level".. in fact, 5 to 6k is average for junior / associate level in many banks

Unregistered 18-02-2023 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240498)
aml kyc > compliance

what are you referring to by "compliance"? What areas of compliance?

Unregistered 19-02-2023 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240520)
sorry, 10 years in HR does not give me 10k, and thus I am thinking of switching. At most 5k only.

i'm 100% certain you're being seriously underpaid. in US / euro banks, 2 yoe can already get u 5k. for local banks, 5 years to hit 5k is easy. no way with 10 yoe you are drawing just 5k

Unregistered 19-02-2023 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240521)
The average people will always earn average money.
You should think about it this way: what should I be doing differently to get a better role with my 10 YoE in HR?
HRBP in a good company can earn 10k+
Also, HR is a role reserved for the locals and it will never be totally outsourced. While AML roles can be outsourced any time.
All companies neee some kind of HR service, but only some companies need AML people.

Nope, there's no such thing as "reserved". HR is open to everyone. My company's HR is from a certain infamous region.

Unregistered 19-02-2023 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240520)

10 years in HR and not drawing 5k? what the hell have u been doing the last 10 years

Unregistered 19-02-2023 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240498)
aml kyc > compliance

I've never heard such a moronic take in my life. A first line operational AML/KYC role is relatively easy and straightforward, requiring little education and subject matter expertise. You can be proficient in such a role without a degree and minimal training.

A compliance role deals with high risk clients, escalations, policy drafting and risk assessment, requiring an actual expert in AML. First line ops personnel are easily replacable grunts in contrast.

Unregistered 19-02-2023 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240665)
I've never heard such a moronic take in my life. A first line operational AML/KYC role is relatively easy and straightforward, requiring little education and subject matter expertise. You can be proficient in such a role without a degree and minimal training.

A compliance role deals with high risk clients, escalations, policy drafting and risk assessment, requiring an actual expert in AML. First line ops personnel are easily replacable grunts in contrast.

i assume forumers refer to "aml/kyc role" as first line onboarding / periodic reviews - yes barrier to entry of these roles are generally lower, and more supply of such roles since they are largely operational and need more warm bodies to clear the cases.

for aml/fcc 2lod roles, there are a spectrum of roles within it such as transaction monitoring, investigations (reviewing escalated txns, filing STRs on them, imposing further actions) or advisory/policy etc. The latter 2 especially have a relatively higher barrier to entry

Unregistered 19-02-2023 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240665)

compliance role easy to join too... pretty much useless and brain dead job.. don't go into support non rev generating roles

Unregistered 20-02-2023 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240691)
compliance role easy to join too... pretty much useless and brain dead job.. don't go into support non rev generating roles

This guy's probably a bum who works in some shitty retail bank. We're not talking about compliance in some shitty malaysian retail bank like RHB, clown.

Compliance roles in reputable PBs and IBs are highly selective and not easy to break in, especially goldman and jpm.

Unregistered 20-02-2023 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240691)

Categorically false and clearly coming from an ignoramus. The fact that the role is not directly revenue generating does not render it a dead-end role. Compliance professionals have better career prospects than ARMs in PBs. Compliance VPs and directors, MLROs in bulge brackets make upwards of 15-20k+. These are ranks that most FO staff won't be able to attain.

Compliance teams are super lean and tough to get in. You should know this since you're clearly not in one.

By definition, compliance deals with complex, high risk cases, in other words, non braindead cases which would be handled by first line ops.

The importance of compliance should be self-evident. Given the increasingly complex regulatory landscape and greater fines for non-compliance, compliance professionals are integral in managing risks that could otherwise cost a bank millions in punitive fines, remediation exercises and reputational damages.

Its clear you know nothing about the industry, but as usual, empty vessels make the most noise.

Unregistered 20-02-2023 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240703)
Categorically false and clearly coming from an ignoramus. The fact that the role is not directly revenue generating does not render it a dead-end role. Compliance professionals have better career prospects than ARMs in PBs. Compliance VPs and directors, MLROs in bulge brackets make upwards of 15-20k+. These are ranks that most FO staff won't be able to attain.

Compliance teams are super lean and tough to get in. You should know this since you're clearly not in one.

By definition, compliance deals with complex, high risk cases, in other words, non braindead cases which would be handled by first line ops.

The importance of compliance should be self-evident. Given the increasingly complex regulatory landscape and greater fines for non-compliance, compliance professionals are integral in managing risks that could otherwise cost a bank millions in punitive fines, remediation exercises and reputational damages.

Its clear you know nothing about the industry, but as usual, empty vessels make the most noise.

man getting so butthurt that u have u try to justify compliance earn more than FO? lololol try harder

Unregistered 22-02-2023 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240769)
man getting so butthurt that u have u try to justify compliance earn more than FO? lololol try harder

Justification is a valued competency in regulator liaison. Please go get your next order in Grabfood and stop bothering us thanks.

Unregistered 22-02-2023 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240515)

Sorry, 5 to 6k is a junior Compliance role. Senior Compliance roles earn much more than that.

If you claim to work in HR for 10 years but still don't know what mid-senior compliance folks are getting I don't know wtf you have been doing all this time.

Maybe you can start by learning the difference between advise vs advice

Unregistered 22-02-2023 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240769)

I didn't generalize that compliance professionals outearn FO professionals, work on your comprehension skills instead of embarrassing yourself.

Two things - there are various roles in the front office, not all FO roles are high paid with stellar progression. People who generalize about FOs typically have no idea what they're referring to, they're just operating under some vague assumption that client facing = good. ARMs for instance, are part of FO but their pay and progression is not great.

The fact that you think FO is by default superior to other roles within a bank is a sign that you don't have much work experience. I myself know several seasoned compliance professionals who outearn FO staff with similar experience. FO staff is viewed as highly expendable and don't command the sort of salary that you think they do.

Unregistered 22-02-2023 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240871)
I didn't generalize that compliance professionals outearn FO professionals, work on your comprehension skills instead of embarrassing yourself.

Two things - there are various roles in the front office, not all FO roles are high paid with stellar progression. People who generalize about FOs typically have no idea what they're referring to, they're just operating under some vague assumption that client facing = good. ARMs for instance, are part of FO but their pay and progression is not great.

The fact that you think FO is by default superior to other roles within a bank is a sign that you don't have much work experience. I myself know several seasoned compliance professionals who outearn FO staff with similar experience. FO staff is viewed as highly expendable and don't command the sort of salary that you think they do.

That's 100% accurate. I'm in a local bank with 3 years of compliance experience and drawing 120k annual base salary. My VP base for last year was more than 250k. Compliance is the best department, screw FO.

Unregistered 23-02-2023 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240920)
That's 100% accurate. I'm in a local bank with 3 years of compliance experience and drawing 120k annual base salary. My VP base for last year was more than 250k. Compliance is the best department, screw FO.

3 years at local bank earning 120k? continue your bs dude... this is why compliance or any back office is useless... all u do is to come here and troll with inflated numbers...

Unregistered 23-02-2023 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 241021)
3 years at local bank earning 120k? continue your bs dude... this is why compliance or any back office is useless... all u do is to come here and troll with inflated numbers...

It's the truth. I'm an associate at a US bank doing purely compliance, no operations, and taking home close to 15k per month. This is the hard truth.

Unregistered 25-02-2023 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 241024)
It's the truth. I'm an associate at a US bank doing purely compliance, no operations, and taking home close to 15k per month. This is the hard truth.

Obviously you won't make 15k pm doing compliance with 3YOE. That sort of salary is reserved for VPs with well over 8 YOE.

Unregistered 25-02-2023 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 241024)

Do you think that everyone else on the forum is stupid? It takes just 10 seconds to go to MyCareersFuture and see the real salary range