Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 20-12-2020 10:00 PM

Any ex lawyers in the compliance field can shed some light on roughly when in their career did they lateral into this industry? And also what was the starting rank accorded (assuming one is between 2-4PQE)? Would it be around the AVP/VP1 range or lower, thanks in advance for any sincere replies

Unregistered 22-12-2020 07:20 PM

Google has positions within the Compliance function from time to time. How does the salary, as compared to FIs. Workload, salary range and work hours. TIA

Unregistered 23-12-2020 11:48 PM

Ups for replies

Unregistered 28-12-2020 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 151702)
Any ex lawyers in the compliance field can shed some light on roughly when in their career did they lateral into this industry? And also what was the starting rank accorded (assuming one is between 2-4PQE)? Would it be around the AVP/VP1 range or lower, thanks in advance for any sincere replies

I learnt from my boss that sanctions loves lawyers while aml loves CAD people.

Unregistered 28-01-2021 04:46 PM

Anyone here moved from non-AML compliance to aml/kyc .. and vice versa?
Just wondering how easy/difficult it is to move across different scopes within the second line of defense.

Unregistered 02-02-2021 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155332)
Anyone here moved from non-AML compliance to aml/kyc .. and vice versa?
Just wondering how easy/difficult it is to move across different scopes within the second line of defense.

if you know the hiring, its never hard. For work which requires specific subject matter expertise such as AML advisory, TM systems tuning (not talking about analytics), I would think they rather hire someone with direct experience. Why bring you in to teach you unless you are of a junior position.

In any case, give it a go if you are interested. I always wonder whats the point of such questions.

Unregistered 09-02-2021 07:09 PM

times changed... getting all jelly with all these posts about young padawans getting 5 mths or more bonus / close to 100k p.a.. wished i had this luck when i was starting out years ago !

Unregistered 15-03-2021 05:48 PM

Career Switch with no relevant exp

Dear all,

I am a 29 year old. I just left my previous job of 4.5k salary to pursue a career back in the Banking (related to my degree) , fully knowing that I will suffer a huge pay cut.

I have great interest in AML. I have been spamming close to 100 resumes (AML, Compliance, KYC) to banks/ corporations for perm roles/ contract roles for 1 month.

None got back. Im really demoralised.

Can any professionals advise, which roles in the bank are easier for me to get a role in the middle office/ back office? I have no interest in sales (RM)

I am willing to fetch a pay of 2.5k

My background: 3 years of irrelevant work experience
Degree: Banking and Finance private uni

Thanks, please help a lost sheep out.

Unregistered 19-03-2021 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159266)
Dear all,

I am a 29 year old. I just left my previous job of 4.5k salary to pursue a career back in the Banking (related to my degree) , fully knowing that I will suffer a huge pay cut.

I have great interest in AML. I have been spamming close to 100 resumes (AML, Compliance, KYC) to banks/ corporations for perm roles/ contract roles for 1 month.

Can any professionals advise, which roles in the bank are easier for me to get a role in the middle office/ back office? I have no interest in sales (RM)

Whats your previous role? What makes you interested in this? Entry level AML roles are boring mundane work.

Unregistered 07-04-2021 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159266)
Dear all,

Yea, what makes you interested in AML? It's perhaps the wrong time to move as of now cos even experienced ppl have a hard time getting a role. Perhaps you can count on your network? IMO, banks love referrals frm their own staff.