Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 19-05-2019 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118485)
Not sure about the industry standard. But I'm getting 4 months at a foreign bank.

4 months is actually quite high for aml space. Did you get an outstanding performance for appraisal?

Unregistered 19-05-2019 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118705)
2k plus for certain contract roles is possible. You need to dive into the actual job scope as some roles are just screening. With no or little relevant experience, this is salary range you can expect.

Only 3+ years experience onwards can get you 4k to 7k range.

Just to add that the above reply is true. KYC/CDD roles which purely involve screening do have limitations in the pay package. At the end of the day, it goes back to the simple formula of the prerequisitive skills required for the role. Why would the company need to pay a candidate 4k for a screening role which does not even require a degree qualification?

Miguelogy 19-05-2019 09:49 PM

Hi guys,

Just wondering, do high base pay of a 6 months contract job be useful in landing an even higher salary when looking for the next job?(Or will recruiter take into account the lack of bonus and cut your base salary in the next job?)

Asking because I am offered 30% increase from my current perm job to a 6 months contract role with slim chance of converting.I have slightly more than 1 year of experience and the salary increase will make my pay more than >4k monthly.

Unregistered 22-05-2019 06:32 PM

Hi, anyone knows about scb current hiring practices? Seems a lot of ppl from big banks like JP, Deutsche (mostly big banks or US centric culture) are hired in scb based on Linkedin searches. Is there a slim chance for former scb staff to re-join the bank again? Please advice. Thanks to any kind soul out there.

Unregistered 23-05-2019 01:42 AM

Hi all, for those in transaction monitoring, would like to know why you chose TM and what is it that u like about TM. Thank you.

Unregistered 23-05-2019 02:14 PM

Can anyone advise if document collection role is useful? Want to aim for screening role but very hard to get :'(

Unregistered 25-05-2019 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 119000)
4 months is actually quite high for aml space. Did you get an outstanding performance for appraisal?

yup, i did

Unregistered 26-05-2019 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 119224)
Can anyone advise if document collection role is useful? Want to aim for screening role but very hard to get :'(

Depends on what your aim is. Each role serves their own purpose and nothing wrong with being in such roles. But both are very ops like and may be automated in the future. If u r aiming for screening, not sure what type.. I can’t see the progression either.

Unregistered 26-05-2019 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 119195)
Hi all, for those in transaction monitoring, would like to know why you chose TM and what is it that u like about TM. Thank you.

Most choose it coz the entry requirements are lowest, u typically can learn on the job as Long as u have a healthy dose of common sense and can spot patterns, make An assessment of what seems plausible and what not

It can get very mudane and tiring after a while Poring through many txns and having to meet the quota of kpi ie closing alerts. Many compromise on quality to achieve that - which is quite unavoidable unfortunately

If u like investigation and seeing how the client really transact (since kyc is just a story) and applying money laundering typologies to your work. This may be for u

Unregistered 28-05-2019 09:22 PM

Hi anyone taken acams certificate courses b4? Is it useful and recognized? Is it better than ICA certificates (not advanced cert or diploma but those short course). Hoping for some advice. Thanks