Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS BANK Interview replies (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3211-dbs-bank-interview-replies.html)

Unregistered 23-02-2014 10:53 PM

A word of advise to all. Do try to differentiate yourself from the rest. Competition is tough.. They are always out there to look for people that possesses the X-factor on top of the standard qualifications. Be creative with your responses and try to capture their attention. Make yourself memorable...

Unregistered 24-02-2014 01:27 AM

Yeah, I just interviewed this week. Wondering about that as well, has anyone been offered SME yet? Response from HR seems to be lagged for this programme relative to the others

Unregistered 24-02-2014 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 48614)
A word of advise to all. Do try to differentiate yourself from the rest. Competition is tough.. They are always out there to look for people that possesses the X-factor on top of the standard qualifications. Be creative with your responses and try to capture their attention. Make yourself memorable...

Woah great tip! And here I was thinking to myself the trick to getting hired was being as boring, uncreative and unmemorable as possible.

undergrad 01-03-2014 11:03 PM

Hi,

its indeed nice to hear facts about the DBS GAs. Anyone knows if they have a minimum requirement for grads to apply? Like a min honors class or GPA/CAP?

Unregistered 02-03-2014 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by undergrad (Post 48792)
Hi,

its indeed nice to hear facts about the DBS GAs. Anyone knows if they have a minimum requirement for grads to apply? Like a min honors class or GPA/CAP?

I'm sorry but if you are asking question like this you definitely wouldn't make it into their program. Not only have this question been answered multiple times within this thread, it is listed in the job description itself. You don't even need to search for the answer. If you don't have the initiative to do even that and is just waiting to be spoonfed, don't bother trying for such jobs.

Edmund Tan 02-03-2014 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by undergrad (Post 48792)
Hi,

Yes, I agree with the reply above. As a benchmark, 2nd upper division is expected. However, grades are not everything; The interviewers are anticipating a strong all-rounded individual who fits into DBS.

Please do your research :)

Unregistered 02-03-2014 11:54 PM

Does anyone know how are the unofficial working hours like for a Graduate Associate in Operations Track in th first two years?

Unregistered 03-03-2014 12:00 AM

I am offered by I am not even a second upper. Yes, I want to know how's the working hours for a Grad Associate in Ops too, anyone know pls share! Thanks

Unregistered 03-03-2014 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 48844)
Does anyone know how are the unofficial working hours like for a Graduate Associate in Operations Track in th first two years?

depends on where you are posted to. If doing BAU, PVB will be able to leave work on time at 6. IBG and Consumer will OT quite a lot. If doing project basically just OT only.

Unregistered 03-03-2014 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 48846)
depends on where you are posted to. If doing BAU, PVB will be able to leave work on time at 6. IBG and Consumer will OT quite a lot. If doing project basically just OT only.

What is PVB?

How about treasury and markets? Can we choose where we want to go?

Is there any penalty from withdrawing a signed employment contract with them?

Unregistered 03-03-2014 12:09 AM

what is BAU department?

Unregistered 03-03-2014 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 48847)
What is PVB?

How about treasury and markets? Can we choose where we want to go?

Is there any penalty from withdrawing a signed employment contract with them?

PVB is private banking. treasury and markets is basically IBG. First rotation is based on their business needs. 2nd rotation you can express interest on where you want to go but its still based on business needs. there is no contract.

BAU stands for business as usual. Its not a department, it just means all the routine business day in day out stuff that you have to do in ops. Ops are separated into BAUs and project based work and all department has BAUs to be done.

Unregistered 03-03-2014 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 48849)
PVB is private banking. treasury and markets is basically IBG. First rotation is based on their business needs. 2nd rotation you can express interest on where you want to go but its still based on business needs. there is no contract.

BAU stands for business as usual. Its not a department, it just means all the routine business day in day out stuff that you have to do in ops. Ops are separated into BAUs and project based work and all department has BAUs to be done.

When you mention there is no contract, do you mean after signing their offer but if decided to reject later on, no legal penalty other than reputation damage? Or u mean within 2yrs?

Steven 18-03-2014 11:35 PM

Does anyone know after signing a job offer with a department but yet started, and in meantime another department poach me over...is this allowed in the corporate sector?

Unregistered 19-03-2014 06:34 PM

Sme has a total of 1000plus applicants. But only 10 gets selected:(

Unregistered 19-03-2014 06:50 PM

Graduate associate - O&T

Hi there, any one out there who's still expecting the invitation to the panel interview for GA - O&T? =)

Unregistered 19-03-2014 07:48 PM

Haha, haven't start work already involved in office politics. This can and has happened but not so common. Within a company sometimes the HR float the resume of potential hirings around. So if another department or work unit thinks you are better suited to them and "bid" for you the official way, then you have nothing to worry about. But not when it's done behind the back of the department you supposed to be hired for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven (Post 49506)
Does anyone know after signing a job offer with a department but yet started, and in meantime another department poach me over...is this allowed in the corporate sector?

Unregistered 20-03-2014 09:16 PM

sme grad assoc

hello! may i know if anyone called up for interview? what are the questions asked?
I heard from my friends that 2000plus people applied, but only 20 gets selected. How true is it?

Unregistered 20-03-2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 49576)
hello! may i know if anyone called up for interview? what are the questions asked?
I heard from my friends that 2000plus people applied, but only 20 gets selected. How true is it?

its true. 2000 is just a conservative number.

Unregistered 30-03-2014 09:33 PM

Anyone knows if any graduate associate from operations managed to move into another department after 2years? Ie internal mobility

Bill 31-03-2014 08:31 PM

I applied for summer intern position, took an online interview on early march, still no reply till now. I asked the HR for further updates but she told me they are still reviewing applications. :(

Unregistered 28-04-2014 01:05 AM

Anyone know the status for the GA interviews? Apply for ops and tech recently but have yet to gotten a reply...

Edmund Tan 16-05-2014 02:57 PM

All GA positions have been filled already. Do try for GA 2015.

Unregistered 20-05-2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edmund Tan (Post 51470)
All GA positions have been filled already. Do try for GA 2015.

I don't think that's the case, I was just shortlisted for SME banking.

Unregistered 20-05-2014 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 51603)
I don't think that's the case, I was just shortlisted for SME banking.

He's probably referring to the O&T one. That one is closed. Other 3 program might still be open

Unregistered 26-06-2014 12:12 AM

anyone shortlisted for Graduate Associate Retail Banking (Sales) recently?

Unregistered 26-06-2014 12:17 PM

me.. just got the call today

Unregistered 26-06-2014 11:34 PM

anyone has any idea what the programme offers? whats the structure of the programme like

Kopi 29-07-2014 01:05 PM

The GA program is all closed.

The only chance is next year.

The program offers differ from the route you chose. GA is the focus route, however compared to MA it is less prestigious, but still a good route for graduate.

T&O standard starting pay is 3800, unless you have some special skills maybe you would be offer discretely anything from 3800 to 4300. Don't quote me, this is the information I got.

If looking for bank jobs, consider UOB, SCB, HSBC also, they are hiring however its not a graduate program. DBS or POSB actually do hire positions regularly, however the package may differ from the standard GA programs, maybe better or worst depending on your experience and if they are urgently need people.

Unregistered 19-11-2014 03:48 PM

DBS Graduate associate program 2015

Hi,
Has anyone applied to the dbs graduate associate proprogram for 2015? Any updates?

Unregistered 27-01-2015 09:01 AM

yeah did anyone went for the interviews yet?

Unregistered 27-01-2015 03:52 PM

I went for interview last week for the Technology division. Still awaiting reply though.

Unregistered 27-01-2015 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 61944)
I went for interview last week for the Technology division. Still awaiting reply though.

What kind of questions were asked and how did you think you fare??

Unregistered 27-01-2015 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 61949)
What kind of questions were asked and how did you think you fare??

There was a case study and questions were mainly past experience based. I can't really tell how I did but it was ok I guess. Did you go for the interview as well?

Unregistered 27-01-2015 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 61956)
There was a case study and questions were mainly past experience based. I can't really tell how I did but it was ok I guess. Did you go for the interview as well?

I have not went for the interview yet but wished to find out more. Why did you say it was ok?

Unregistered 27-01-2015 10:55 PM

This local bank is the second highest paying, ranking after ocbc. The third local bank pays well if prices had remained stagnant since the 80s. (Fresh graduates only)

Unregistered 27-01-2015 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 61966)
I have not went for the interview yet but wished to find out more. Why did you say it was ok?

Oh because ultimately it depends on how I fared as against the rest and if I was able to impress the interviewers. And I thought I did what I can and didn't fumble anywhere so can't say good or bad. Just awaiting result. Wonder when we'll know. Or if the HR started calling already.

Unregistered 28-01-2015 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 61971)
Oh because ultimately it depends on how I fared as against the rest and if I was able to impress the interviewers. And I thought I did what I can and didn't fumble anywhere so can't say good or bad. Just awaiting result. Wonder when we'll know. Or if the HR started calling already.

I would think that the hr has started calling already because they can't possibly wait till they have finished interviewing everyone? Also they might need some buffer time for those called up to accept the offer?

Unregistered 29-01-2015 02:39 PM

T&O GA 2015 batch

Anyone has got an offer for DBS T&O GA 2015 alrdy? I just went for the panel interview last week.

Unregistered 29-01-2015 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62042)
Anyone has got an offer for DBS T&O GA 2015 alrdy? I just went for the panel interview last week.

Nope did they mention when will the offers be released?