Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   NUS 2nd lower class hard to get job? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3087-national-university-singapore-2nd-lower-class-hard-get-job.html)

Unregistered 04-10-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 43382)
these kinda comment maybe coming from those students from good jcs who think they are very atas and elite.

when i was in army, i met alot who came from neighbourhood jcs who are very nice and humble yet rather streetsmart. still in contact with many of them now and they are all doing well.

Also got another kind of arrogance...keep saying they more "street smarter" than others. Then even when people never say they atas or elite keep claiming they did to play victim.

Unregistered 05-10-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 43389)
Also got another kind of arrogance...keep saying they more "street smarter" than others. Then even when people never say they atas or elite keep claiming they did to play victim.

huh?......

Unregistered 06-10-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 43097)
probably no way to get into banks, unless you are talking abt back end roles like operations
as for big4s, its a piece of cake. they r like rubbish dumps. they take in practically anyone. 2nd lower shouldnt be a problem. u can apply to e big4s, they will definitely offer u

You obviously don't know ****.

Unregistered 06-10-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 43379)
My experience is a exception rather than the norm, but I'll just like to point out that choosing poly over jc doesn't mean someone is stupid

Good that you realise that your own experience is an exception. I'll just point out what you didn't explicitly say. More often than not, choosing poly over jc means someone is stupid. But, in most cases, those in polys can't even choose a jc over a poly to begin with. They can't even qualify!

Unregistered 16-01-2014 11:23 PM

I despise people who go poly with the intention of doing better than their less-academic inclined students in poly, just to get a better chance of entering uni (because they know they lose out/wont stand out if compared to JC friends). Worse is they think they justify it by saying they know their interests, lying through their teeth, and say they're not as "competitive" as those who wanna go jc. Hypocrites much? Still say "street smart" and things like "i can go jc but i dont want"...

On the other hand if you get >21 for L1r5 or fail JC promos, i respect if you go poly yet never give up and do very well, as your choice doesn't reflect your attitude. You don't let grades don't define you and i applaud those who continue to improve and do better. This, are really the people that i respect.

Unregistered 17-01-2014 12:44 AM

i know some in poly went to stanford; some in jc had to apply for rmit or sim-uol

Unregistered 17-01-2014 02:59 PM

Isn't this supposed to be a thread on jobs? now becoming a war between jc and poly? chills..

Unregistered 18-01-2014 11:36 AM

What is "some"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 47403)
i know some in poly went to stanford; some in jc had to apply for rmit or sim-uol

Dictionary.com

Some:
an unspecified number, amount, etc., as distinguished from the rest or in addition: