Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Retrenchment In Singapore (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2765-retrenchment-singapore.html)

Retrench SG 27-05-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 37579)
Sunset market?

From where I am (electronics), we still need people. Singaporeans often shun from us.

TS, no retrenchment lah, unless you really f up then nothing to say.

Just to clarify, Singaporeans dont shun jobs, they shun the job because the job is either low pay, a job thats low value added or a job that machines can easily do, which in this case u should go look for either foreigners or outsource to other countries which in this case has nothing to do with retrenchment issues.....(correct me if I am wrong)

But I thought electronics always the first industry to retrench when something happens? F up is one thing...that i nothing to say also. But apparently, the mentality that I came across when interacting with a lot of ppl is that retrenchment is a taboo and nothing wants to pretty much speaks about it even here....

Unregistered 27-05-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 37596)
Wow, you sure sounds myopic....nothing to talk about u sure? I hope you dont get retrenched someday and cry mother and father here?

Anyway u sounds too low level to get retrenched i guess

Only myopic people sit around and talk about history. There is nothing to talk about, you get retrenchend, you move on and try to find another job.

All this talk about FTs, electronics industry, high level, low level, personal attributes, betrayal by co. is a complete waste of time. If you have time to indulge on such nonsense, you have time to look for a job.

Unregistered 27-05-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 37600)
Only myopic people sit around and talk about history. There is nothing to talk about, you get retrenchend, you move on and try to find another job.

All this talk about FTs, electronics industry, high level, low level, personal attributes, betrayal by co. is a complete waste of time. If you have time to indulge on such nonsense, you have time to look for a job.

If its a waste of time, then why are u still commenting and responding to this thread? Shouldnt u go look for a job? Ur thinking is illogical hahaha.

FYI, we are not talking about history, we are sharing ideas and opinions so that eventually ppl understand what to do in the event of a retrenchment or what measures to take to be recession proof.

If you got nothing to share, pls dont comment... thanks

Unregistered 27-05-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 37603)
If its a waste of time, then why are u still commenting and responding to this thread? Shouldnt u go look for a job? Ur thinking is illogical hahaha.

FYI, we are not talking about history, we are sharing ideas and opinions so that eventually ppl understand what to do in the event of a retrenchment or what measures to take to be recession proof.

If you got nothing to share, pls dont comment... thanks

I got a lobo job just want to talk cock here cannot har? U think everybody must be rentrench then can talk isit?

What sharing of idea or opinion? A bunch of jobless guys instead of look for jobs try to act like senior national leaders talking about "ideas".... So you all share idea & opinion money fall down from sky har? What a joke.

Unregistered 27-05-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retrench SG (Post 37598)
Just to clarify, Singaporeans dont shun jobs, they shun the job because the job is either low pay, a job thats low value added or a job that machines can easily do, which in this case u should go look for either foreigners or outsource to other countries which in this case has nothing to do with retrenchment issues.....(correct me if I am wrong)

But I thought electronics always the first industry to retrench when something happens? F up is one thing...that i nothing to say also. But apparently, the mentality that I came across when interacting with a lot of ppl is that retrenchment is a taboo and nothing wants to pretty much speaks about it even here....

How you know?

I heard from HR, that they put listing, only 2 out of 10 applicants are Singaporeans. I don't find our pay system bad. Yes, working environment may be bad as we are in an ulu place with heavy machinery. Low value? Well, if you think engineer is low-value, I have nothing to say.

Furthermore, the 2 Singaporeans are funny people. There was once an ex-regular come in ask for $6k pay with only army experience. Wtf. It's hard to hire, but thankfully, we can get people over time.
Foreigners are not as cheap to hire. They got levies etc. And have to spend much more time processing their stuffs (see if degree is legit, what they study is applicable or not). No uncertainty (maybe can't get permit for them 2 years later). Singaporeans tend to stay longer, can mix better, and good for company image as well.

Unregistered 27-05-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 37608)
I got a lobo job just want to talk cock here cannot har? U think everybody must be rentrench then can talk isit?

What sharing of idea or opinion? A bunch of jobless guys instead of look for jobs try to act like senior national leaders talking about "ideas".... So you all share idea & opinion money fall down from sky har? What a joke.

Lobo job = low level job? No wonder can come here talk cock sing song hahaha i think u will soon b joining the retrench list based on the fact that your job is low ie easily replaceable.

Anyway what senior national leaders u talking about? FYI we are not leaders and we are not senior...the only person here whom think he is a senior leader is YOU sorry not senior but senile lol

Unregistered 27-05-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 37610)
Lobo job = low level job? No wonder can come here talk cock sing song hahaha i think u will soon b joining the retrench list based on the fact that your job is low ie easily replaceable.

Anyway what senior national leaders u talking about? FYI we are not leaders and we are not senior...the only person here whom think he is a senior leader is YOU sorry not senior but senile lol

Go & practice interview in front of mirror lah. Which employer want to hear your senile grandmother retrench stories... oops opinion & ideas I mean???

Unregistered 27-05-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 37611)
Go & practice interview in front of mirror lah. Which employer want to hear your senile grandmother retrench stories... oops opinion & ideas I mean???

What grandmother retrench stories u talking about? are u really senile, u cant even tell the difference between opinions and stories? Did i say which employer is going to hear my stories?? Thats why till today u r still stuck in a low level job coz u r illogical...damn am i wasting my time and bandwidth on low life creature like u.....

Unregistered 27-05-2013 05:11 PM

Hi, I didn't get retrenched but I resigned cos I am tired of working so hard in the corporate world. I am now retired, living on passive income of only $40,000 per year. I have no liabilities and now lead a simple life. I cook simple meals for my family and travel by bus.

Unregistered 27-05-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 37616)
What grandmother retrench stories u talking about? are u really senile, u cant even tell the difference between opinions and stories? Did i say which employer is going to hear my stories?? Thats why till today u r still stuck in a low level job coz u r illogical...damn am i wasting my time and bandwidth on low life creature like u.....

go sign up for some wda training lah. jobless already still try to act atas