Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Leaving Job (and forfeiting bonus)? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2759-leaving-job-forfeiting-bonus.html)

twil 23-05-2013 09:52 PM

Leaving Job (and forfeiting bonus)?

Hi everyone, am in a dilemma now. I'm working as civil servant (ministry job) and I only joined in August 2012.
So I didn't qualify for Year End Bonus (Variable Component) in 2012 (0.7 mths) as I was still serving probation. But i've since passed the probation and if I were to tender in July, would I qualify for the VC I didn't get in Dec 2012?
I understood from HR that Year End VC will be credited together with Mid-year 2013 in July.
I may not get mid-year 2013 because staff must remain in service till 31st July to qualify for mid-year 2013 bonus. :( But what about my 2012 VC? Also forfeited?

Very headache now, if I tender zhun zhun in early july, I forfeit so much bonus like very bohua especially since its just few weeks away. But bobian because my course starting in july

jobhunter1234 23-05-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twil (Post 37451)
Hi everyone, am in a dilemma now. I'm working as civil servant (ministry job) and I only joined in August 2012.
So I didn't qualify for Year End Bonus (Variable Component) in 2012 (0.7 mths) as I was still serving probation. But i've since passed the probation and if I were to tender in July, would I qualify for the VC I didn't get in Dec 2012?
I understood from HR that Year End VC will be credited together with Mid-year 2013 in July.
I may not get mid-year 2013 because staff must remain in service till 31st July to qualify for mid-year 2013 bonus. :( But what about my 2012 VC? Also forfeited?

Very headache now, if I tender zhun zhun in early july, I forfeit so much bonus like very bohua especially since its just few weeks away. But bobian because my course starting in july

Why wanna leave when it is not even a year? Care to share the ministry and job title? Now market so bad..have you secured a job yet?

twil 23-05-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 (Post 37454)
Why wanna leave when it is not even a year? Care to share the ministry and job title? Now market so bad..have you secured a job yet?

Executive Officer, entry job for diploma graduates.
No, haven't. But may have to leave as my full time study will commence in early july :(

Unregistered 28-05-2013 08:33 PM

Current job in ministry:
Just got promoted to MX11 ( wef Jun),
Due to re-org, current role changed to more technical role
The div still growing and many processes are not in place, a bit understaffed now

Job offer:
Offer to join stat board also MX11. Pay should be similar or maybe 1 to 2 hundreds more than current job.
Supervisory role, have Div I and II staff reporting to me
Also a technical role and would say similar job nature as ministry one
Will loose out bonus ( MYB and YEB) if leave in June/July

What would be your considerations to take up the offer?

lazyplane 29-05-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twil (Post 37455)
Executive Officer, entry job for diploma graduates.
No, haven't. But may have to leave as my full time study will commence in early july :(

Did you build a good rapport with your boss and have you informed them early of your plans to study ?

If you did, then ask for no pay leave. Explain your reasons that you want to upgrade . Civil service is short handed. if you are good performer, then you can do this.

No pay leave will entitle you to bonus .