Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   did you get these starting salaries? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2677-did-you-get-these-starting-salaries.html)

darialim 27-04-2013 02:57 PM

did you get these starting salaries?

Graduate Employment Survey 2012 (Published 2013) | Salary.sg - Your Salary in Singapore

I feel underpaid after reading this

Unregistered 29-04-2013 10:20 AM

No one replied, becos no one did!

I DIDNT!!

Unregistered 29-04-2013 01:24 PM

Everywhere in the world, governments are running in full steam to paint rosy picture of the financial situation. This includes low inflation data, improving employment statistics, economic growth etc...In Singapore case, it is graduates with rosy starting pay and good graduates employment data.

Go figure. Nowaday, even depositing money in the bank isn't safe. Cyprus just in effect "confiscated" all its bank's depositors' money to bail out past reckless bankers and politicians actions.

Unregistered 29-04-2013 03:50 PM

I'm a recent NTU grad, (Graduated 2 years ago) and the salary stated is consistent amongst people i know.

Bear in mind that these are average and is just for reference. For instance, arts degree get a high starting salary because many grads found employment in governmental jobs which pays high starting pay.

TS, why do you say you're underpaid?

Unregistered 29-04-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 36228)
Everywhere in the world, governments are running in full steam to paint rosy picture of the financial situation. This includes low inflation data, improving employment statistics, economic growth etc...In Singapore case, it is graduates with rosy starting pay and good graduates employment data.

Go figure. Nowaday, even depositing money in the bank isn't safe. Cyprus just in effect "confiscated" all its bank's depositors' money to bail out past reckless bankers and politicians actions.

What's your point? People are earning these salaries. Banks are still trusted the world over, including in Cyprus. If you want to live in a world free of risks, go live like a hermit in some mountain

Unregistered 30-04-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 36249)
What's your point? People are earning these salaries. Banks are still trusted the world over, including in Cyprus. If you want to live in a world free of risks, go live like a hermit in some mountain

Living like a hermit got risk too..

Can get frostbitten, can get eaten by wolves. Can get sent down highway to hell by an avalanche. :D

Unregistered 30-04-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 36249)

The points are:

1. People are starting to doubt these numbers.

2. Who say that people are trusting banks? It is getting less trusted. As what happened in Cyprus can happen anywhere in Europe. Just wait and see.

Unregistered 30-04-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 36228)

The world is run like MLM like that. Pyramid scheme. We are at the middle.

Unregistered 30-04-2013 10:47 PM

Actually the figures are quite accurate. I just graduated from SMU, and will be getting 4.2k when i start work next month. I know of a few others getting between 4 to 4.8k, and we belong to the top 25 percentile.

On the other hand, the lowest salary so far seems to be 2.7k with the average getting between 3 to 3.6k

Unregistered 02-05-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 36279)
Actually the figures are quite accurate. I just graduated from SMU, and will be getting 4.2k when i start work next month. I know of a few others getting between 4 to 4.8k, and we belong to the top 25 percentile.

On the other hand, the lowest salary so far seems to be 2.7k with the average getting between 3 to 3.6k

What affects your starting pay?

Is it the company you take up or the role that you take up?