Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Halliburton (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2618-halliburton.html)

itsmeagain 07-04-2013 05:07 PM

Halliburton

Hello, anybody working at Halliburton or has worked at Halliburton?
I am interested to know what is the career prospect, salary, salary increments, bonuses, incentives etc.
What is the work culture?
I have a job offer from Halliburton.

Unregistered 07-04-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmeagain (Post 35389)
I am interested to know what is the career prospect, salary, salary increments, bonuses, incentives etc.

sorry hijack thread to ask about schlumberger as well, maybe some ppl in the same industry can give us some insights.

Unregistered 07-04-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Whats your position? If you have an offer usually they will let you know the salary and package etc.

Unregistered 07-04-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

You have an offer already and you're asking these questions?

itsmeagain 07-04-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35405)
Whats your position? If you have an offer usually they will let you know the salary and package etc.

Mechanical engineer. Yes I have an offer already.
I wish to know what is the range of salaries paid at Halliburton and also the salary increment.

itsmeagain 07-04-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35390)
sorry hijack thread to ask about schlumberger as well, maybe some ppl in the same industry can give us some insights.

You have offer from Schlumberger?

jobhunter1234 07-04-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmeagain (Post 35407)
Mechanical engineer. Yes I have an offer already.
I wish to know what is the range of salaries paid at Halliburton and also the increment.

so good. I wish they call me up for the position I've applied for.

Unregistered 07-04-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35390)

hi would like to know about Baker Hughes too

itsmeagain 07-04-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 (Post 35409)
so good. I wish they call me up for the position I've applied for.

What did you apply for?

jobhunter1234 07-04-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmeagain (Post 35412)
What did you apply for?

I applied procurement. Share your starting salary and the salary package.

itsmeagain 07-04-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 (Post 35413)
I applied procurement. Share your starting salary and the salary package.

3.3k. How about yours?

jobhunter1234 07-04-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmeagain (Post 35414)
3.3k. How about yours?

Lol. U never read what I said. I hope they would offer me. Meaning they haven even call me loh. Any guaranteed bonus?

jobhunter1234 07-04-2013 11:29 PM

Anw. 3.3k not bad leh. Need to do shift work?

itsmeagain 07-04-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 (Post 35415)
Lol. U never read what I said. I hope they would offer me. Meaning they haven even call me loh. Any guaranteed bonus?

Sorry!

No guaranteed bonus :(

When did you apply by the way?

itsmeagain 07-04-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 (Post 35416)
Anw. 3.3k not bad leh. Need to do shift work?

Sigh. I see some of my friends getting 3.5k, 3.6k as starting salary. I don't think 3.3k is not bad already. There is no shift work.

jobhunter1234 07-04-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmeagain (Post 35418)
Sigh. I see some of my friends getting 3.5k, 3.6k as starting salary. I don't think 3.3k is not bad already. There is no shift work.

U never ask the entire salary package. Maybe your medical benefits or guaranteed bonus better. Otherwise, maybe you hons class? u what hons class?

itsmeagain 07-04-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 (Post 35419)
U never ask the entire salary package. Maybe your medical benefits or guaranteed bonus better. Otherwise, maybe you hons class? u what hons class?

Medical benefits are standard. I know their entire salary package. I don't even have bonus!

I have Second Upper Class. :(

jobhunter1234 07-04-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmeagain (Post 35420)
Medical benefits are standard. I know their entire salary package. I don't even have bonus!

I have Second Upper Class. :(

It is okay for a start I guess. Don't even have bonus meaning confirm won't have or is a variable component? I asked previously because oil gas industry sometimes will state down min bonus component i.e. 3 mths etc.

itsmeagain 07-04-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 (Post 35423)
It is okay for a start I guess. Don't even have bonus meaning confirm won't have or is a variable component? I asked previously because oil gas industry sometimes will state down min bonus component i.e. 3 mths etc.

Yes no bonus at the moment and cannot say for sure about the future

Unregistered 08-04-2013 08:21 AM

please ask for higher salary if u wish to have any self worth a few years down the road. we have enough people spoiling the engineering sector.

Unregistered 08-04-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmeagain (Post 35418)

TS, what did you study? I presume engineering?

If that's the case, its hard to believe that there are people getting 3.5 or 3.6k for starting salary for your friends if they are applying within the same industry. Any examples of what your friends' companies are?

itsmeagain 08-04-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35439)

If that's the case, its hard to believe that there are people getting 3.5 or 3.6k for starting salary for your friends if they are applying within the same industry. Any examples of what your friends' companies are?

Yes engineering of course.

Their companies are of higher tier :o:(
Yes it is possible for fresh graduates to earn such a high starting salary. And I have heard people getting 4k as starting salary as well. This is true.

I just want to find out how are the salary increments at Halliburton like.

itsmeagain 08-04-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35432)
please ask for higher salary if u wish to have any self worth a few years down the road. we have enough people spoiling the engineering sector.

Fresh graduates have power to negotiate for higher salary?

What is the salary that you think should be sufficient for "self-worth"?

yayapapaya 08-04-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmeagain (Post 35443)

would like to know more as well!

jobhunter1234 08-04-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmeagain (Post 35443)

I think it depends. Some big MNCs they already have a structured salary scheme that commensurate with your hons class i.e 1:3.5k, 2.1:3.3, 2.2:3. These MNCs are not open for negotiation and it is simply a take it or leave it type.

Unregistered 08-04-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35439)

It is not hard at all. The avg starting pay for engineering grads is probably around 3.4k these days. Many blue chip MNCs pay even higher, heard rolls royce pays 3.6-3.8k and there's of course the public sector. Of course starting pay is not everything, you got to be comfortable with the industry and role as well I feel.

Unregistered 08-04-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 (Post 35450)
I think it depends. Some big MNCs they already have a structured salary scheme that commensurate with your hons class i.e 1:3.5k, 2.1:3.3, 2.2:3. These MNCs are not open for negotiation and it is simply a take it or leave it type.

Yup, but I think most MNCs do not

jobhunter1234 08-04-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35452)
Yup, but I think most MNCs do not

I think it happens more for technical positions. Like I know for Micron, HP, Seagate, etc, they pay quite standard for engineers. Dunno about oil gas industry.

Unregistered 08-04-2013 04:13 PM

Last I heard EM is paying 3.6-3.8k for engineering grads which is so far the highest I have seen for oil and gas industry. For oil and gas services company like haliburton, schlumberger, am not sure how much they are paid. And MNCs usually do not have a distinction for your class of honours, thats usually for public service or govt linked coys. Thats at least the info I have as I have two offers from a govt linked coy and private MNC.

Yes I'm graduating this year from engineering and a local uni with a 2.1 expected and I am pretty certain 3.4k as average is way too high that's why im asking for examples of engineering companies offering that high. Then again that's the technical side instead of procurement so who knows?

Unregistered 08-04-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35460)
Last I heard EM is paying 3.6-3.8k for engineering grads which is so far the highest I have seen for oil and gas industry. For oil and gas services company like haliburton, schlumberger, am not sure how much they are paid. And MNCs usually do not have a distinction for your class of honours, thats usually for public service or govt linked coys. Thats at least the info I have as I have two offers from a govt linked coy and private MNC.

Yes I'm graduating this year from engineering and a local uni with a 2.1 expected and I am pretty certain 3.4k as average is way too high that's why im asking for examples of engineering companies offering that high. Then again that's the technical side instead of procurement so who knows?

just add on, shell MA programme is about 3.4k. so i think average should be around there.

but anyway those are for starting salaries. anyone has info on bonuses for these companies?

Unregistered 08-04-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35461)
just add on, shell MA programme is about 3.4k. so i think average should be around there.

but anyway those are for starting salaries. anyone has info on bonuses for these companies?

If Shell's MA prog is 3.4k then its unlikely other grad programs is higher or the average is 3.4k as TS mentioned.

Bonuses for the say shell, exxon and src (go figure which) are different. Some are fixed without variable, some have both components. Range can be 3-10 months per yr.

EPC companies (services companies) like foster wheeler, haliburton, schlumberger maybe different when it comes to their renumeration package. Would apprecitate if there are more info on these companies as well.

itsmeagain 08-04-2013 05:58 PM

ExxonMobil is paying 3.6k starting salary for normal technical side. Are you sure Shell is paying 3.4k for MA program?

itsmeagain 08-04-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35460)

Some MNCs have distinction for the class of honors. That's the information I gather as I have offers from other MNCs as well.

Unregistered 08-04-2013 06:09 PM

exxomobil working location is at jurong island or harbour front there ah??

itsmeagain 08-04-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35474)
exxomobil working location is at jurong island or harbour front there ah??

Both Jurong Island and Harborfront office.

Unregistered 08-04-2013 09:40 PM

Can share what engineering pay for fresh grad might be like at HP?

Got an interview, but HP looks like really weakening based on news. Company is still big so I don't think will fold, but wondering if any advise?
Starting salary usually and expected annual increment / bonus?

jobhunter1234 09-04-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35485)
Can share what engineering pay for fresh grad might be like at HP?

Got an interview, but HP looks like really weakening based on news. Company is still big so I don't think will fold, but wondering if any advise?
Starting salary usually and expected annual increment / bonus?

My friend told me he was offered 3.5k starting salary for 2.2 hons. Shift work. I dunno how true it is but seems to be too generous.

fresh_engineer 09-04-2013 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 (Post 35506)
My friend told me he was offered 3.5k starting salary for 2.2 hons. Shift work. I dunno how true it is but seems to be too generous.

Lol, that's not too generous I feel. Shift work means something like 8am-8pm for day shift followed by 8pm - 8am the next evening for night shift, the following day is an off and this forms a cycle. So basically you just go cycle by cycle, weekends and PH included. Some people won't be able to take this kind of lifestyle especially the night shifts.

itsmeagain 09-04-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 (Post 35506)

Gotta know 3.5k for 2:2 include or exclude shift allowance.

jobhunter1234 09-04-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmeagain (Post 35542)
Gotta know 3.5k for 2:2 include or exclude shift allowance.

Have got no idea. Nv ask so indept since dun concern me at all.