Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Brand name job or useful job (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2259-brand-name-job-useful-job.html)

Henney 07-11-2012 06:16 AM

more $ more honey

Henney 07-11-2012 09:11 AM

i think i will take the plunge and go for Apple. Think Different~

Unregistered 07-11-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henney (Post 29895)
i think i will take the plunge and go for Apple. Think Different~

It was obvious you already want to take up the Apple call centre job all the time, you post here just hoping that somebody will agree with you, but looks like most people opt for the accounting job instead.

My advice is that anyone who dont even know whether he prefers to be an accountant or customer service officer should just pause and think clearly what he wants to do first before taking any offer. A lot of times career once choose wrongly very hard to reverse and end up wasting years or even decades.

Henney 07-11-2012 10:56 AM

I wanted to join oracle but I failed the 2nd round. Now I have to ask myself what are the offers I have on hand. I only have these two. So I have to choose one of them right? So I choose the one that pays better.

I believe everyone is driven by $. Whichever company pays well you will go. You don't think, you just go.

Unregistered 07-11-2012 11:45 AM

My 2c is TS is not interested in both job. he just choose 1 since he only has the 2 offers, but the pay is quite low for a NUS business grad (NUS biz said their average was ~3.4k+ in 2011) esp when both offers are big MNC.

Another thing surprising is NUS biz grads start looking in May & most will be employed by late aug or early sep, so quite surprising that now in Nov after 6 months he has only 2 low ball offers. I don't know is because his interview was not good or he apply for the wrong jobs.

Henney 07-11-2012 11:49 AM

served my national service balance from june until september........

Henney 07-11-2012 11:53 AM

every other company is telling me to wait for news.. even government tells me to wait for news.. currently only these 2 jobs.. I don't wish to waste time.. time is money.. at least I am employed full time you know what I am saying..

Unregistered 07-11-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29901)
My 2c is TS is not interested in both job. he just choose 1 since he only has the 2 offers, but the pay is quite low for a NUS business grad (NUS biz said their average was ~3.4k+ in 2011) esp when both offers are big MNC.

Another thing surprising is NUS biz grads start looking in May & most will be employed by late aug or early sep, so quite surprising that now in Nov after 6 months he has only 2 low ball offers. I don't know is because his interview was not good or he apply for the wrong jobs.

i suspect apple pay >2.5k for a phone base customer service job to compensate for no ot caims. other IT / telecom company are 2 - 2.2k wit ot, but then usually only poly or pte uni grads will apply for such jobs.

Henney 07-11-2012 12:08 PM

there's one NUS science student there.. he has the looks of an apple fanboy.. he was promoted after half a year but still telephone operator

poor and stupid 07-11-2012 12:36 PM

Dun care!! Take the one with the most $$$.

I actually applied to be dishwasher and general facilities before, because they can pay more!! duno why the pick old weak people, i am definitely fitter than those 60+ yrs old.

So now i am stuck with the R&D job and still applying for anything that pays more.

Btw, sewage technicians actually earns f**king high pay, may win the typical nus/ntu "Engineers"

Trust me, i am an "Engineer".... my pay is so low; I applied to be sh*t tank sensor repairman.