Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS Bank career advancement, starting from entry (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2197-dbs-bank-career-advancement-starting-entry.html)

Unregistered 01-10-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasista (Post 28623)
Oh. How did you get that number? You were one before or currently in DBS? Anyway, are you able to share some info about the questions in my first post? Thx :D

2 sources: This forum and a friend who's a DBS MA. The number he gave me was very close to the figure given in this forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasista (Post 28623)
Then may I know what are the position before Analyst? Next position after Bank Executive is Analyst? How long does it take to promote from BE to Analyst, if one's performance is good?

Position before analyst is executive. Yes your first post is right. Executive has different grading. The answer is, it depends. No one's replying you probably because there are way too many variables. Let's put it this way, if you're good, then you won't have to worry about promotion.

Fantasista 01-10-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28632)
2 sources: This forum and a friend who's a DBS MA. The number he gave me was very close to the figure given in this forum.

Position before analyst is executive. Yes your first post is right. Executive has different grading. The answer is, it depends. No one's replying you probably because there are way too many variables. Let's put it this way, if you're good, then you won't have to worry about promotion.

Thanks a lot man. This clears a lot of doubts. Appreciate your help. :)

Hmmm, Executive (2k salary) to Analyst (4k salary), that actually increase quite a lot tbh. I can assume there are really a lot of gradings and each increases few hundred dollars.

Unregistered 01-10-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasista (Post 28633)
Thanks a lot man. This clears a lot of doubts. Appreciate your help. :)

Hmmm, Executive (2k salary) to Analyst (4k salary), that actually increase quite a lot tbh. I can assume there are really a lot of gradings and each increases few hundred dollars.

You were offered 2k as executive? 5 yrs ago that's what they offered to fresh execs. Surprised that the figure hasn't changed yet

Fantasista 01-10-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28656)
You were offered 2k as executive? 5 yrs ago that's what they offered to fresh execs. Surprised that the figure hasn't changed yet

No, the figure was based on what people say. But i guess is around that, hasn't change. Lol

Fantasista 01-10-2012 10:56 PM

But seriously, from 2k plus minus to 4k plus minus (BE to Analyst) is really a lot. Lol, I really doubt one rank difference is that much, unless there are 6 grades in BE before finally promoted to Analyst (which I doubt there are so many). Just wondering. Hmmm.

Unregistered 02-10-2012 09:05 AM

2k starting pay for executive even for local bank like DBS is a joke. You are getting short changed big time. Most MNCs are offering at least 3.4k for an executive.

For the 3 local banks, fresh grads will either go in on the MA track at 4.8-5.2k or normal track at 3.4-3.8k. Either you really CMI or they are offering you a diploma job.

Fantasista 02-10-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28664)
2k starting pay for executive even for local bank like DBS is a joke. You are getting short changed big time. Most MNCs are offering at least 3.4k for an executive.

For the 3 local banks, fresh grads will either go in on the MA track at 4.8-5.2k or normal track at 3.4-3.8k. Either you really CMI or they are offering you a diploma job.

Lol dude, I've already said "no" in my previous post. I'm simply asking for info out of curiousity, not that I'm an executive. And FYI, bank teller (service executive) earns around 2k+-. These jobs are mostly "O", "A" level and Diploma level, and the pay is definitely accurate. Please try to understand what I'm referring to. Lol, your executive positions are different from BE. Position and appointment are different things. Position is the current rank you are holding while appointment is such as service officer and relationship manager. For example, relationship manager is an AVP. Most probably you are referring to at least Analyst, for the amount you mentioned. You don't sound like you're in Banking sector though. Pardon me if I've mistaken your words. :)

Unregistered 02-10-2012 09:45 AM

A TS who stalks his own thread constantly for 3 days in a row is only "asking out of curiousity"? Haha, yea rite.

Unregistered 02-10-2012 03:10 PM

Bank tellers will never be analysts. Move to ops and start over from there.

stockwiz 03-10-2012 11:01 AM

Hi, I am thinking of joining DBS as a retail banking RM first then hopefully in few years time can move on to investment banking or treasury / trading side.

Anyone with experience to share on how to transfer once inside? What is the starting pay like for retail banking RM? I have a degree in statistics from NUS, 2nd lower and have a lot of passion and expert in stock trading (have been making average 5% every month since start of this year).