Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

in3deep 26-08-2014 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55471)
Need some advice.

I got a verbal offer from an organisation for position 1. May take weeks before signing the employment contract.

The same organisation (different departments) calls me down for interview for position 2. Should I go for the interview?

On one hand, I don't feel secure as I haven't sign contract for position 1. On the other hand, I already agreed verbally to take up position 1 and the organisation might know I went for interview for position 2.

bro how long u take to get verbal offer after intw??

Unregistered 26-08-2014 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in3deep (Post 55483)
bro how long u take to get verbal offer after intw??

1 month plus :)

in3deep 27-08-2014 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55489)
1 month plus :)

wah so much patience ah

did they tell u beforehand tt they will get back to you within a certain timeframe or radio silence after intw?

Unregistered 27-08-2014 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in3deep (Post 55495)
wah so much patience ah

did they tell u beforehand tt they will get back to you within a certain timeframe or radio silence after intw?

They said 2 to 3 weeks. If u cang jiong, u can call and check with HR. :)

Unregistered 27-08-2014 02:28 PM

i think most job descriptions have a fine print saying something along the line of "we regret to inform you that only short listed candidates will be notified"

so, my guess is no reply means bye bye..

anyway from my experience, if they really wanna hire you, they usually are fast hand fast leg one...

Unregistered 27-08-2014 07:51 PM

I'm in a somewhat similar situation. I went for an interview with a SB two weeks ago, and the week later I had a call by their HR asking me if I had accepted other job offers. They asked me not to accept any other job offers if possible as they were running me through the hiring department and would get back to me soon.

I have an interview with P&G tomorrow and was wondering if I should inform the HR that I'll be doing so.

in3deep 27-08-2014 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55528)
I'm in a somewhat similar situation. I went for an interview with a SB two weeks ago, and the week later I had a call by their HR asking me if I had accepted other job offers. They asked me not to accept any other job offers if possible as they were running me through the hiring department and would get back to me soon.

I have an interview with P&G tomorrow and was wondering if I should inform the HR that I'll be doing so.

Dun tell hr!!!! They will drop your application into the bin if they ever find out you are flirting with another company

Unregistered 27-08-2014 10:36 PM

following govt taking the lead to hire more non-grads and place them on same pay scheme as the uni grads if they perform well, look like the demand for uni grads getting lower.

to reflect, we shd have juz stopped at poly or nitec, no need to advance further, apply for govt jobs immediately after poly or ns, and we could have earned higher pay and promotions. Learning curve theory sounds inaccurate for now.

Unregistered 28-08-2014 03:40 AM

anyone knows the average bonus for stat boards like NEA/LTA?

Unregistered 28-08-2014 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55537)
following govt taking the lead to hire more non-grads and place them on same pay scheme as the uni grads if they perform well, look like the demand for uni grads getting lower.

to reflect, we shd have juz stopped at poly or nitec, no need to advance further, apply for govt jobs immediately after poly or ns, and we could have earned higher pay and promotions. Learning curve theory sounds inaccurate for now.

I think there are still advantages as a degree graduate. Even though pay scheme is the same, but entry position and salary for degree graduates will still be higher than diploma entry.
Since schemes are combined, there will come a situation where your supervisor is a poly graduate who worked for many years while the newbie is a fresh uni graduate.

For a degree graduate to take up top management position, company will need to only send the graduate for masters degree. But for a diploma graduate, a company need to invest at least twice, once for degree, when it is certain that the graduate is capable for mid management. Then a masters degree for top management.