Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 03-09-2020 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144914)
Typical. I call msg email.
1 month after final interview still in processing as per what hr said.

When in the 1st place they say only will max 2 weeks.
Guess it's a lengthy process.

as long as they said it's still in processing, i guess its good news! yea its quite a lengthy process so cant say for sure.

i had my interview 2 months ago and everything seemed good during the interview. Interviewers told me to expect a reply within 2 weeks, and check with HR if i needed an update.

2 weeks later, i emailed HR to check and got a generic reply saying they were still processing, which i (mistakenly) took as a negative sign.

Another 2 weeks later (total 4 weeks after interview) they surprised me with a call and an offer, saying they just finished all the interviews!

dont be too discouraged... if you're really keen on this job, keep checking in with HR every now and then...

Unregistered 03-09-2020 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144920)
as long as they said it's still in processing, i guess its good news! yea its quite a lengthy process so cant say for sure.

i had my interview 2 months ago and everything seemed good during the interview. Interviewers told me to expect a reply within 2 weeks, and check with HR if i needed an update.

2 weeks later, i emailed HR to check and got a generic reply saying they were still processing, which i (mistakenly) took as a negative sign.

Another 2 weeks later (total 4 weeks after interview) they surprised me with a call and an offer, saying they just finished all the interviews!

dont be too discouraged... if you're really keen on this job, keep checking in with HR every now and then...

Sorry for posting a stupid question but where do you get the email of the HR person?

Unregistered 03-09-2020 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144902)
anyone have experience after first interview and it went silence for close to 2 months? HR kept saying still pending.. :(

May I ask which agency is that?

Unregistered 03-09-2020 11:57 AM

I have 8 jobs in process but no call for interviews at all. This is so frustrating T_T

Unregistered 03-09-2020 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144927)
May I ask which agency is that?

GT. are you having similar experience?

Unregistered 03-09-2020 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144930)
GT. are you having similar experience?

Similar experience, mine is with a Ministry and HR updated saying still processing after completing interview due to high volume of applications and to give them more time.. they say will try expedite and update me. Guess it's a really lengthy process

Unregistered 03-09-2020 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144928)
I have 8 jobs in process but no call for interviews at all. This is so frustrating T_T

I have 6 jobs in process, 3 called for interviews. But the written tests and presentations are making me dread applying for ministries and stat boards.

The waiting time is killing me!

Unregistered 03-09-2020 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144932)
Similar experience, mine is with a Ministry and HR updated saying still processing after completing interview due to high volume of applications and to give them more time.. they say will try expedite and update me. Guess it's a really lengthy process

HR also told me the same thing, said will check with the panel and get back to me. but never get back at all. the wait is really torturing..

Unregistered 03-09-2020 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144933)
I have 6 jobs in process, 3 called for interviews. But the written tests and presentations are making me dread applying for ministries and stat boards.

The waiting time is killing me!

How long did it take for them to call you for interview after the application deadline?

Unregistered 03-09-2020 03:11 PM

Long waiting time

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144944)
How long did it take for them to call you for interview after the application deadline?

Yeah interested to know this as well. I have a 'in process' for a job i applied 1 month ago and a 'shortlisted' for a job i applied almost 3 weeks back. Till now not a single call or email for interview. The other applications that were either 'submitted' or 'unsuccessful', i get it cuz it is quite obvious that i either failed or HR hasn't start processing the applications yet. But the 'in process' and 'shortlisted' ones really doesn't make sense to be so long.
I saw a lot of post on the long waiting time. Not sure if it is particularly from that small group of min/sb.