Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 24-04-2019 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 117614)
Yes, the probability of you getting selected is 1/[total number of candidates interviewed], so there's always a chance. No when is when probability = 0.

all the best!!

Thanks buddy! Haha. Should I send HR follow up email since reaching 14 days after interview soon? I don’t wish to appear too desperate or annoying. Haha.

Unregistered 24-04-2019 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 117616)
Thanks buddy! Haha. Should I send HR follow up email since reaching 14 days after interview soon? I don’t wish to appear too desperate or annoying. Haha.

Sure, i think you can ask if there are any updates to the job application - sounds more subtle! Haha! Just curious, what's your profile, fresh grad too?

Unregistered 24-04-2019 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 117617)
Sure, i think you can ask if there are any updates to the job application - sounds more subtle! Haha! Just curious, what's your profile, fresh grad too?

Nope. Haha. I have about 5 years of working experience.

Unregistered 24-04-2019 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 117618)
Nope. Haha. I have about 5 years of working experience.

all the best! :)

Unregistered 24-04-2019 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 117605)
cannot work la, but their clearance usually takes around 1-2 months. so grads find early and indicate they can start by a date - if the organisation is ok, they can employ first lo.

if their exam results come back cui, how?

Expected FCH but got D for every subj

Unregistered 24-04-2019 03:27 PM

Hi all, I recently went through a series of 3 interviews for Nparks and last week hr called to verbally offer me with a proposed salary, which I agreed. The final interview went quite well. They said they will proceed to do some background checks with my previous companies' hr departments, and will come back with a written offer in 1 - 2 weeks, saying everything is more or less confirmed. They just called today to say 'they didnt manage obtain the clearances for this vacancy'. I asked them to elaborate but they said they cant disclose organisation policy, the main theme is they are now closing the positon i applied for. Does this mean their upper management suddenly decided to remove this vacancy for various reasons or is this just an excuse to pursue another candidate? I dont have any particularly dodgy personal or employment records (have worked in ministry and stat boards prior) so i dont think my background will fail. Is this a common scenario in public sector hiring? Obviously i am quite devastated as i have never had a verbal offer in the public sector not followed through

Unregistered 24-04-2019 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 117620)

I think they would adjust accordingly if that happens lo. Hahaha

Imagine they kena fired because of that. Hahha.

Unregistered 24-04-2019 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 117620)

This situation is very very unlikely unless partner break off 1 month before exam then cannot focus, or family tragedy.
FCH means this person has a really solid track record for every diverse module thrown at them. In other words very flexible, very versatile and able to handle tremendous stress. Bosses are more interested in these attributes than the actual module. Not all... But many are.
Of coz cannot say that director of accounts employing accountant don't look at the students accounts grades... If this fch got B for all the accounts but aced everything else?? Its possible.

But I know you are jesting.

Unregistered 24-04-2019 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 117636)
This situation is very very unlikely unless partner break off 1 month before exam then cannot focus, or family tragedy.
FCH means this person has a really solid track record for every diverse module thrown at them. In other words very flexible, very versatile and able to handle tremendous stress. Bosses are more interested in these attributes than the actual module. Not all... But many are.
Of coz cannot say that director of accounts employing accountant don't look at the students accounts grades... If this fch got B for all the accounts but aced everything else?? Its possible.

But I know you are jesting.

haha yeah i am just saying the extreme case only

but i find it strange that one would employ pple full time before graduation, if part time/temp still ok

Unregistered 24-04-2019 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 117642)
haha yeah i am just saying the extreme case only

but i find it strange that one would employ pple full time before graduation, if part time/temp still ok

Realistically even if a FCH person scores D or F for nearly every module in his final semester, his overall grade still cant fall below 2nd upper