Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   2012 Pay Guide (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1865-2012-pay-guide.html)

Unregistered 28-04-2012 04:53 PM

What??!! You study for ( 4 years for honors degree + another 5 years for your fast track masters direct into PHD ) and you only make 5k??
You should already be in your thirties by now....
No qualms about your intellect as a PHD holder... but i really don't get it why you didn't choose finance over engineering in the first place??.. Some SMU fresh grad in their early twenties with only a bachelor degree already earn more you when they join a foreign bank......

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24328)
5K excluding AWS and performance bonus

NTU Ph.D graduate (No working experience & No master degree)

Unregistered 28-04-2012 08:40 PM

Need Help

Hi I am a Post Graduate Mechanical Engineer from India with 1 year Experience

A SP based company is offering Monthly 3.5K salary+ 2 months bonus..

Is this package feasible or I Should ask for more...Please suggest..

That will be a great help in my decision...Thanks in Advance..

Unregistered 28-04-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24339)

no.. get lost and dont come to singapore

Unregistered 29-04-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24339)

Please come to Singapore, many Indian nationals are here, you just need to go to Singapore little India, and you will feel like it is India back home.

In Singapore, we are known as "Foreign Talent".

Many Indian nationals are holding managerial positions and are in the authority to hire, and naturally they will hire more Indian nationals. It is part of our DNA to help out our brotherhood.

Even Singapore Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean said Singapore needs to pay extra attention to facilitating the new immigrants who are ready to sink roots here, so that they integrate into society more quickly.

Unregistered 03-05-2012 03:05 AM

get lost and don't ever come back.
You are not welcome and even the local Indian community views you as a bloodsucking outsider so don't expect any kind of empathy.

If you and your Indian boss are both caught and found guilty for discrimination in hiring both of you will be fired and have your passes revoked do don't count on it.

Unregistered 03-05-2012 07:09 PM

ST (Electronics branch) now the starting pay for fresh degree holders between 3.1 to 3.3..

back in 2006 that was 2.6 to 2.8 only...

Unregistered 05-05-2012 08:12 AM

fly kite

did you see how the india indian discriminates agasint singapore? they recruit their own kind; n teo says they have to integrate immigrants!

if you come, soon there will be a riot, n a lot of dead foreiners. think australia! post grad? haha, how much u paid?

Unregistered 06-05-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24456)
get lost and don't ever come back.
You are not welcome and even the local Indian community views you as a bloodsucking outsider so don't expect any kind of empathy.

If you and your Indian boss are both caught and found guilty for discrimination in hiring both of you will be fired and have your passes revoked do don't count on it.

There is no such statutory law. The Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices is, as the name suggests, just guidelines. Everyone knows it has no teeth, and wont bite.

Unregistered 07-05-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24500)
There is no such statutory law. The Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices is, as the name suggests, just guidelines. Everyone knows it has no teeth, and wont bite.

absolutely!

i am working for an MNC. three years ago, an India indian department head was hired and now the entire department consist of mainly indian nationals. Even Singaporean born Indians have no chance to be hired!

LOL! no one can do anything!

Unregistered 07-05-2012 05:04 PM

hi! sorry if it's irrelevant here. Just trying to know the pay range a 1st yr undergrad temp job. is 1.3k per mth acceptable for A level grad with prior experience?? my 1st job without relevant experience was around 1.7k. both are temp admin jobs. just that the lower pay is sme while the higher pay is mnc. both are direct hire. thanks for advise! need to earn for sch fees during holidays T_T