Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 26-11-2015 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75922)
Just call and ask the HR rep..what's the point of keep asking here lol

Bro, I called the query hotline they told me they have no idea.

Unregistered 26-11-2015 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75923)
Bro, I called the query hotline they told me they have no idea.

No idea most likely is no hope since if they are keen to get you, they will say processing or something lol

Unregistered 26-11-2015 02:03 PM

the wait after the interview is really intense. don't know if they will call me up for unit preview

Unregistered 26-11-2015 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75934)
the wait after the interview is really intense. don't know if they will call me up for unit preview

what position did you go interview for?

Unregistered 27-11-2015 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75448)
i dont wish to divulge too much about myself. just using my personal exp.

all i can say is that just know yourself well. understand why you want to do this job. sell yourself during the interview. tell them why you will fit well in this position. in all, i think the interview is more of looking at your personality than your capabilities in general. no real way of preparing for such interviews. just be who you are. good luck.

hey, thx for your info. it was helpful. have been called up for the site preview now. may i ask what can i expect from this preview?

Unregistered 27-11-2015 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75963)
hey, thx for your info. it was helpful. have been called up for the site preview now. may i ask what can i expect from this preview?

welcome. are you shortlisted for tengah airbase? logistics? basically it differs from camps to camps. some hiring managers, i.e the COs , would invite a few candidates to visit the site. then they will further shortlist. basically is just walking around the unit, meeting people you will get to work with. they might give you a brief intro about the operations of the unit.

for my case, i was the only one shortlisted. so basically it was just for me to decide whether i was ok with the location/workplace. my advice to you is to be direct in any burning questions you might want to ask. like asking if you are their first choice etc. dont leave yourself hanging.

if successful, they will contact HR and they will arrange medical for you. usually at most 1 day after your CO tells HR they want to hire you.

Unregistered 27-11-2015 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75970)
welcome. are you shortlisted for tengah airbase? logistics? basically it differs from camps to camps. some hiring managers, i.e the COs , would invite a few candidates to visit the site. then they will further shortlist. basically is just walking around the unit, meeting people you will get to work with. they might give you a brief intro about the operations of the unit.

for my case, i was the only one shortlisted. so basically it was just for me to decide whether i was ok with the location/workplace. my advice to you is to be direct in any burning questions you might want to ask. like asking if you are their first choice etc. dont leave yourself hanging.

if successful, they will contact HR and they will arrange medical for you. usually at most 1 day after your CO tells HR they want to hire you.

Yes, tengah logistics. Are u also working there now? How is it. I am shortlisted for 2 units at tengah for 2 diff days but don't know if both will offer me

Unregistered 27-11-2015 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75987)
Yes, tengah logistics. Are u also working there now? How is it. I am shortlisted for 2 units at tengah for 2 diff days but don't know if both will offer me

haha no. im just someone who is waiting for clearances. just sharing my exp. pray that it goes well.

and wow. 2 units. means 2 different COs offer you? if only 1, i suspect is just same unit but different dept.

Unregistered 27-11-2015 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75988)
haha no. im just someone who is waiting for clearances. just sharing my exp. pray that it goes well.

and wow. 2 units. means 2 different COs offer you? if only 1, i suspect is just same unit but different dept.

yes, 2 CO but its only for unit preview, no offers yet. what is the dress code when i go down? and do i need to bring or prepare anything.

so assuming that the CO offers me, what should i expect next?

Unregistered 28-11-2015 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76000)
yes, 2 CO but its only for unit preview, no offers yet. what is the dress code when i go down? and do i need to bring or prepare anything.

so assuming that the CO offers me, what should i expect next?

wear like if you are going for a normal interview. and no. i didnt even bring a bag.

if you are offered, HR will call you and give you a verbal offer. then will send you for medical and security clearance and final management approval. whole process takes another 1-2 months. up till here, nothing is confirmed until you sign on the contract. this is the part i am at now... waiting and pray i cleared everything.