Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 31-05-2023 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249280)
MFA: hold my Jack Daniel’s

Temasek, EDB and MTI would also like some Vodka please.

Unregistered 31-05-2023 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249285)
Temasek, EDB and MTI would also like some Vodka please.

Lol MTI is only true for economist service. General officers are on MX schemes. Poor fellas overworked underpaid. Especially the trade folks

Unregistered 05-06-2023 09:38 AM

Is it normal to ask HR for updates two weeks after the interview?

Unregistered 05-06-2023 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249468)

understand that the waiting period can be quite unsettling. I would say many before you have asked for updates after 2 weeks. You can try, no harm done. But they will probably just tell you that the hiring unit is still deciding.

Unregistered 05-06-2023 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249468)

actually I think you would hear back within 2 weeks or much earlier if they've decided to proceed further! Mine was really fast, I heard back within 2-3 working days after the interview and mine only had 1 round of interview.

Did you ask the interview panel about the hiring process? Are there multiple interview stages or is it one and done?

Unregistered 05-06-2023 08:08 PM

I am a mid career swop with 15 years experience in the private sector. Got called up for an interview for an AD position.

What kind of questions should i be expecting except the usual why public service? and what is the salary range I should be expecting or negotiating for?

Unregistered 06-06-2023 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249483)
I am a mid career swop with 15 years experience in the private sector. Got called up for an interview for an AD position.

What kind of questions should i be expecting except the usual why public service? and what is the salary range I should be expecting or negotiating for?

What was your last drawn total annual compensation?

Unregistered 06-06-2023 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249483)

Depends on the DX grade of that AD post. Was ever asked to apply for a DX11 AD post and luckily I didn’t. Typically AD should be DX12 and I guess you can ask between 7-10k depending on your current package

Some AD posts are DX13

So really can’t tell but if you pass the interview and HR contact you, you can ask them what is the grade and what is the range

Unregistered 07-06-2023 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249501)
What was your last drawn total annual compensation?

Approx $120k

Unregistered 08-06-2023 10:58 AM

Hi guys, I have 2 simple questions that only active DXOs would know and it is a key decision maker for me.

I am 36 years old with a bachelor degree from NTU and masters degree from SUSS thinking of applying for an AD role. Currently still in reservist as I was called back only at 30 years old and has been an NSEA recipient every ICT.

My wife is a Malaysian-born Chinese who has recently gotten her Singapore Citizenship. I think that shouldn't affect my security clearance right?

Moreover, I understand from my ICT that when I am within my high-key ICT period, I am not allowed to leave Singapore (to go JB).

Are DXOs allowed to leave Singapore to enter JB at any time after working hours? I religiously go JB to pump petrol for my motorcycle every week.

Thanks for the answers in advance!