Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 31-10-2021 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188730)
Hey guys, applied for SID in august and went for interview in September. I received the call on Friday with the official confirmation and signing of contract soon!

Lanjiao la. They won’t offer without your security clearance

Unregistered 31-10-2021 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188730)
Hey guys, applied for SID in august and went for interview in September. I received the call on Friday with the official confirmation and signing of contract soon!

How long did they take to contact you after the psychometric test?

Unregistered 01-11-2021 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188745)
How long did they take to contact you after the psychometric test?

Talk cock la he 😂

Unregistered 02-11-2021 01:00 PM

Can anyone advise on the diff types of grading + pb bonus? How to get a good grade especially for new hires that just joined around the end of the year

Unregistered 07-11-2021 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188882)
Can anyone advise on the diff types of grading + pb bonus? How to get a good grade especially for new hires that just joined around the end of the year

If you join after sep/oct, default is Z (which is C eqv cause we use band 1,2,3 etc). Potentially better than someone who join in july/aug and may get C-.

One of my colleagues kena before, few days before the cut off and then sad. Lesser bonus quantum than Z.

Unregistered 07-11-2021 02:55 PM

General sharing of recent application

Have 16 yrs of marketing experience and recently applied for an AD position in Mindef. I got shortlisted for intv (3hours!?) but eventually did not go for it. I must have invested at least an hour filling in all the various manual forms.

Tip: HR said salary will only be discussed after the INTV stage. I did (nicely) share my last drawn, and the HR was nice enough to share it with the hiring manager. They came back to me before the intv saying they would not offer me anything close to my last drawn. Hence I decided to withdraw without wasting anyone's time.

IMO there is a considerable gap between public and private.

My last drawn was around the 15K there about, and from my research (actually from this forum), the range for AD is about 7-9K? It was not disclosed by HR, of course, but I came to my conclusion. They were not able to advise what rank I should apply for in the future too.

I also have an MBA but through an acquaintance working in MINDEF, they do not recognize masters. Only up to bachelors so it will not help in my job application.

Unregistered 07-11-2021 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189324)
Have 16 yrs of marketing experience and recently applied for an AD position in Mindef. I got shortlisted for intv (3hours!?) but eventually did not go for it. I must have invested at least an hour filling in all the various manual forms.

Tip: HR said salary will only be discussed after the INTV stage. I did (nicely) share my last drawn, and the HR was nice enough to share it with the hiring manager. They came back to me before the intv saying they would not offer me anything close to my last drawn. Hence I decided to withdraw without wasting anyone's time.

IMO there is a considerable gap between public and private.

My last drawn was around the 15K there about, and from my research (actually from this forum), the range for AD is about 7-9K? It was not disclosed by HR, of course, but I came to my conclusion. They were not able to advise what rank I should apply for in the future too.

I also have an MBA but through an acquaintance working in MINDEF, they do not recognize masters. Only up to bachelors so it will not help in my job application.

Don’t bother joining CS with 16 years of experience. They will never offer you above AD.

Unregistered 07-11-2021 04:54 PM

the year end bonus is prorated? So i joined 2nd week june, can expect 50% of bonus?

Unregistered 07-11-2021 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189337)
the year end bonus is prorated? So i joined 2nd week june, can expect 50% of bonus?

Just join less than 6 mths alrd talk abt bonus. You seriously need to wake up. Your probation period isnt over yet anyway.

You should focus and work harder.

Unregistered 08-11-2021 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189338)
Just join less than 6 mths alrd talk abt bonus. You seriously need to wake up. Your probation period isnt over yet anyway.

You should focus and work harder.

Lol, must be his first job.