Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 23-05-2016 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86030)
its tomorrow actually. when is yours?

It's tomorrow as well.
All the best to you :)

Unregistered 23-05-2016 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86032)
It's tomorrow as well.
All the best to you :)

what are the odds! all the best :)

Unregistered 24-05-2016 11:11 AM

Hi, for those who did the psycho test 2 weeks ago, have any of y'all being called up for interview?

Unregistered 25-05-2016 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86085)
Hi, for those who did the psycho test 2 weeks ago, have any of y'all being called up for interview?

I also would like to know. I took the PT on 12 May.

Unregistered 25-05-2016 07:42 PM

Took PT on 18May. Perhaps need to wait 2-4 weeks as the process is pretty slow.

Unregistered 27-05-2016 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86197)
Took PT on 18May. Perhaps need to wait 2-4 weeks as the process is pretty slow.

Took on 6 May. Not shortlisted. :(

Does that mean I failed the PT?

Unregistered 27-05-2016 11:02 PM

junior executive (HR)

Went for a site preview on 20may... till nw no news... will they actually tell u tat u r nt shortlisted?

Unregistered 29-05-2016 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86322)
Went for a site preview on 20may... till nw no news... will they actually tell u tat u r nt shortlisted?

Could I please check with you how long did you wait after your first interview before they called/informed you to go for site preview?
And from what I know, they do inform that you are not shortlisted.. So don't worry too much :) Just be patient. All the best!

Unregistered 29-05-2016 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86309)
Took on 6 May. Not shortlisted. :(

Does that mean I failed the PT?

Mean you need to see a psychiatric.

Unregistered 30-05-2016 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86362)
Could I please check with you how long did you wait after your first interview before they called/informed you to go for site preview?
And from what I know, they do inform that you are not shortlisted.. So don't worry too much :) Just be patient. All the best!

I ain't the person that you have quoted, I actually completed my medical checkup and pending clearance and offer now. I waited for about 2 weeks till they contacted me for site preview

Unregistered 30-05-2016 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86397)
I ain't the person that you have quoted, I actually completed my medical checkup and pending clearance and offer now. I waited for about 2 weeks till they contacted me for site preview

Hi, thanks for the reply :) This is heartening to know because I was getting a little demoralised.. From the other replies in the forum it seems like most people got contacted within a few days for site preview. I am still waiting for them to contact me and tomorrow is the one week mark from my first interview. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Congrats by the way!!

Unregistered 31-05-2016 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86411)
Hi, thanks for the reply :) This is heartening to know because I was getting a little demoralised.. From the other replies in the forum it seems like most people got contacted within a few days for site preview. I am still waiting for them to contact me and tomorrow is the one week mark from my first interview. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Congrats by the way!!

No news is always good news I guess! Thanks! But still, nothing is confirmed till I signed it though! I am still keeping my fingers crossed too

Unregistered 31-05-2016 01:14 PM

Hi all, I just got offered a job in a red zone department and wanna check if anyone has recommendations for an affordable non-camera smartphone?

Thank you!

B

Unregistered 31-05-2016 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86442)
Hi all, I just got offered a job in a red zone department and wanna check if anyone has recommendations for an affordable non-camera smartphone?

Thank you!

B

hi. for affordable and decent smartphone, you can try iNO3. about 300+++.

If you dont mind removing the camera from your iphone or samsung, it is allowed too. Can find any ahbeng shop and help you remove.

Unregistered 01-06-2016 02:55 AM

I have an interview scheduled this week. Did my psychometric test over 3 weeks ago

Unregistered 01-06-2016 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86469)
I have an interview scheduled this week. Did my psychometric test over 3 weeks ago

That's great news :) What position did you apply for? If you don't mind me asking.

Unregistered 07-06-2016 03:20 PM

Is it normal to be selected for the psychometric test 30 minutes after application?

I know this probably been answered but what can I expect for the test?

Unregistered 07-06-2016 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86737)
Is it normal to be selected for the psychometric test 30 minutes after application?

I know this probably been answered but what can I expect for the test?

practice some calculus and trigonometry. binomial theorem and some Laplace transformation.

All kidding aside, go google verbal reasoning. Basically reading a paragraph, and answer which statement is true. One simple example. Jane is a girl.

a. Jane is a female
b. Jane is a male
c. The earth is female.
d. The female is james.

This is a retarded example. its much harder than this.

And one more test i cant say the test name. Its like pattern recognition. More on shapes.

and btw 30 mins means the HR just happen to be free and saw your mail. nothing special.

zero_88 09-06-2016 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86442)

Thank you!

B

Are you a fresh grad from university?

Unregistered 09-06-2016 09:36 PM

Post PT wait

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76390)
Actually the whole hiring process can be very fast. Let me share my experience.

I applied for my job, 2 days later received an email to ask me schedule a PT. I scheduled it abt 2wks later. 2wks after PT, I was called up for an interview for a date 2 days later. As I couldn't make it for the date scheduled, I request to schedule it another wk later.

On the day of the interview, I did a written test followed by a panel interview of 4. N I must say 15mins thru the interview, it should more or less determine whether u r their ideal candidate. The whole interview took more an 1hr. Partly also due to me asking many questions, I always felt it's not just about whether the company wants me, but I also about whether the job suits me.

A question I asked at the interview itself turned into a situation where I was immediately offered the job. Just before leaving the room, I asked the interviewee "what's the next step, after this interview?". Immediately my interview extended by another 15mins, my "boss" told me that if I'm willing to wait outside, while he interview his next candidate, he can take me on a site visit the same day n HR can do the offer.

N yes, so I waited 1hr for the site interview n thereafter he told me that as i wait for HRs offer, I can submit my resignation letter in my current job. He helped me chase for my medical n security which was cleared in abt 2wks

The rest is now history, as I've been a dxo for quite a while!

May i ask what qns did you ask that nailed the interview?

Anybody completed test in June and waiting for news from HR?

Unregistered 13-06-2016 09:18 AM

Went test mid May but till now still waiting for the response. Cross finger, no news is good news.

Unregistered 13-06-2016 02:25 PM

It's been three weeks since my first interview.. Have yet to receive a call from HR or a rejection email. Trying to be positive that no news = still got chance since the last time they took only 1 week to send me a rejection email.

Has anyone gone for an interview the same time as I did but have gotten updates?

Unregistered 13-06-2016 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 87060)
It's been three weeks since my first interview.. Have yet to receive a call from HR or a rejection email. Trying to be positive that no news = still got chance since the last time they took only 1 week to send me a rejection email.

Has anyone gone for an interview the same time as I did but have gotten updates?

keep your chin up. best way to occupy yourself now is to aggressively apply everywhere else. if the good news come, it comes. if not at least u still have chances elsewhere.

the worst thing u can do right now is stay stagnant and mope around waiting for the call.

Osiad 14-06-2016 11:53 AM

DXO Ranking / Interview

Hi Guys,

I just went for my first interview yesterday. They seem extremely positive throughout the interview. Was interviewed by a HR DXO, Unit DXO and a Maj. Although the feedback I got from them was very forthcoming and good I'm still wondering how long I should wait before applying for other positions to keep my options open.

Just wondering on how long they actually take to get back to you regarding a unit preview. I was not told to go down for a Psychometric test or anything like that.

They did not mention about the paygrade as well, and didn't want to release much info on it.

Position Applied : Dispenser

Anyone can enlighten me on what does a DX5 Rank mean ? Or what does it translate to in military rank ? CPL ? or something ?

Unregistered 14-06-2016 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osiad (Post 87117)
Hi Guys,

I just went for my first interview yesterday. They seem extremely positive throughout the interview. Was interviewed by a HR DXO, Unit DXO and a Maj. Although the feedback I got from them was very forthcoming and good I'm still wondering how long I should wait before applying for other positions to keep my options open.

Just wondering on how long they actually take to get back to you regarding a unit preview. I was not told to go down for a Psychometric test or anything like that.

They did not mention about the paygrade as well, and didn't want to release much info on it.

Position Applied : Dispenser

Anyone can enlighten me on what does a DX5 Rank mean ? Or what does it translate to in military rank ? CPL ? or something ?

Hi. for reference and from what i know. DX6 is around staff/master sgt level. DX7 is warrant officer level. DX5 is probably 2nd SGT 1st SGT level. Pay wise probably less than 2k or close to 2k.

Any positions below DX8/9 probably dont require psychometric tests. you can always continue to apply for other positions. no need wait for news.

Tim 14-06-2016 10:32 PM

Applied on 30 May, got PT appointment confirmation 1st June, set for 17th june

So now I have gotten the PT confirmation date, scheduled for this friday morning.

Graduated from Aussie uni back in 2014, 2 years experience in both private & public sector; now working at iDA on a fixed 6 month contract.

like the rest, Also applied on 30/5, HR got back to me by 1/6.

I am doing some free psychometric tests online as well just to get a feel. Hopefully with a fortnight, I will get an email or phone call to confirm interview. :)

Tim 14-06-2016 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 87161)
So now I have gotten the PT confirmation date, scheduled for this friday morning.

Graduated from Aussie uni back in 2014, 2 years experience in both private & public sector; now working at iDA on a fixed 6 month contract.

like the rest, Also applied on 30/5, HR got back to me by 1/6.

I am doing some free psychometric tests online as well just to get a feel. Hopefully with a fortnight, I will get an email or phone call to confirm interview. :)

I do hope that my stint in the public sector will assist in my application...some experience should be useful, no, especially SAP? Working as accounts exec at iDA now. heehee

Unregistered 15-06-2016 06:12 PM

Had a an interview for a job position at the communications dept nearly 2 weeks ago. Still awaiting outcome....

Unregistered 15-06-2016 09:27 PM

PT on 3 Jun still awaiting Call

Hi, anyone went for PT on 3rd June and have gotten any reply from HR? Wondering if should keep on waiting or apply somewhere else soon. It's been two weeks after PT.

Osiad 16-06-2016 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 87147)
Hi. for reference and from what i know. DX6 is around staff/master sgt level. DX7 is warrant officer level. DX5 is probably 2nd SGT 1st SGT level. Pay wise probably less than 2k or close to 2k.

Any positions below DX8/9 probably dont require psychometric tests. you can always continue to apply for other positions. no need wait for news.

Hi Thank for your reply man! I got called back for my Unit Preview :) hopefully all goes well .. Cheers!

Unregistered 16-06-2016 04:01 PM

Hi all,

I've read thru all 111 pages and wow. Thanks a lot for the information!

I've applied for a position last night and hope I get called up for the test soon! Keeping my fingers crossed :)

Unregistered 16-06-2016 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 87273)
Hi all,

I've read thru all 111 pages and wow. Thanks a lot for the information!

I've applied for a position last night and hope I get called up for the test soon! Keeping my fingers crossed :)

good luck! I like your style. Must do homework!

Unregistered 16-06-2016 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 87279)
good luck! I like your style. Must do homework!

Thank you!

Hope to get a response from them soon :)

Tim 17-06-2016 12:24 AM

Friday is the day

Oh I hope I won't screw the PT up. They also want candidates to submit everything first time around before or after the PT.

So yeah. Wish me luck! ^^

Unregistered 17-06-2016 12:51 PM

How to apply for DXO

Hi, does anyone face problems when applying for any DXO position? I can't seems to get through to the NS portal that they link us to for the application. Can't login using Singpass.

Tim 17-06-2016 02:14 PM

Just done my PT.

Done this morning. Everything imho was done alright. But wasn't prepared for Sudoku puzzles as I thought it would be difficult Maths questions instead.

But as a declared first timer, I hope that still can give me a chance in the chances of a successful application.

So now I will now wait. Btw I have to check status in the DXO portal online? Or do I email the Hr person in charge after 2 weeks if I haven't received any follow up by then?

Unregistered 22-06-2016 12:07 PM

Actually what are the position available for degree IN ENGINEERING?

Unregistered 22-06-2016 03:17 PM

Questions

Hi, i applied for a job on monday night but i can't recall what did i apply for. Any way to check on NS website?

But anyway, received an email ytd asking me to attend the PT test. any advices? A little nervous as i have 0 exp since i just graduated from uni ><

Tim 22-06-2016 04:04 PM

Pat- what to expect

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 87546)
Hi, i applied for a job on monday night but i can't recall what did i apply for. Any way to check on NS website?

But anyway, received an email ytd asking me to attend the PT test. any advices? A little nervous as i have 0 exp since i just graduated from uni ><

Already shared above abt what to expect..if u can, just do some sudoku puzzles to prep yourself. As for the rest, answer as honestly as you can and if u like, find some online psychometric tests to get a better feel. Good luck!

Unregistered 23-06-2016 10:53 AM

It has been 3 weeks since my interview and told me that I will be informed in 2 weeks regarding my outcome. Called to check last week but to no avail. What should I do?