Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Keen 16-02-2016 10:41 AM

Pay scale?

Hi guys! Do u know if 4.5k too much to request at stsrt of interview? With 6 yrs exp, looking for career switch for more dynamic role. Non local U.

Unregistered 16-02-2016 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79883)
Which position you applied for?
I also hope I can get the interview soon.

I applied for the medical position.

Unregistered 16-02-2016 03:01 PM

Safety Officer

Will they at least match your pay? Anyone getting lower than their last drawn pay??

Unregistered 16-02-2016 04:59 PM

Safety officer

One more question, the CPF contribution following the normal 17% employer's contribution or SAF 10% IIRC?

Unregistered 16-02-2016 06:24 PM

Paramedical

Hi i would like to ask, i applied for paramedical and im ITE Nursing cert and medic background in NS. I'll be most probably in DXO what rank and the salary wise roughly estimated how much? I no need to go for psychometric test but HQ had called my superior regarding me. Whats ur opinion if they did this?

Unregistered 16-02-2016 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79871)
Hi all,

I have just received an invitation for a first interview on 24 Feb 2016 after applying in Dec 2015.

Is it likely that I am the second candidate being interviewed for this position?

does it even matter? if you are better than the rest, you will get the job. even if there are 10 before you. and to answer you. yes its possible.

Unregistered 17-02-2016 01:00 PM

Shortlist

How do i know if im shortlisted or got interview?

Unregistered 17-02-2016 03:00 PM

they will call you.

Unregistered 17-02-2016 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79959)
How do i know if im shortlisted or got interview?

they will call you.

Unregistered 19-02-2016 01:32 PM

Hi. I was called for medical checkup and am wondering what comes after it? How long will it take roughly for HR to contact me after my medical?

Unregistered 19-02-2016 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80053)
Hi. I was called for medical checkup and am wondering what comes after it? How long will it take roughly for HR to contact me after my medical?

i have been lurking around this thread. i think its time i gave up in helping people because they dont bother to look for the answers already provided. it shows something.

but im a nice guy. in short after you go for the medical. they wont call you to tell you that you passed your medical. concurrently, they are also processing your security clearance. afterwhich, a higher management approval (meaning MHRD and your unit's final confirmation) Once security clearance and higher mgtment is cleared, they will then finally call you for contract signing. this takes a total of 2 months or so from your medical. hope your got your detailed answer you are looking for. please be diligent next time.

note that at the point of signing contract, your medical would still not be cleared. but they will still allow you to start work first. they will tell you pending medical on the contract. and they will only tell you if you failed medical. if you passed then its no news.

Unregistered 21-02-2016 06:40 PM

Safety Officer

One week passed after my PT, I really hope they can call me next week.....

MLL 21-02-2016 08:12 PM

Enquiry on Physcometric Test & Medical checkup

Hi all, i will be gg for the PT somewhere next month, I've actually dye my hair grey for the CNY, so do you guys think i should color my hair black for this test?
Question 2: for the medical check up, do they check for tattoos?

Unregistered 21-02-2016 09:31 PM

Is O level mandatory?

Hi all, would like to know if O level a mandatory for dxo?
I have N level and a UK degree only.

zero_88 21-02-2016 09:35 PM

if I got anxiety disorder history can I be DXO or not

pass degree only no honour can earn how much?

Unregistered 22-02-2016 01:58 PM

Can anyone share what are the odds for rejection after the verbal offer? I still have medical and security clearance left but the HR has told me that the unit is keen in hiring me and asked if I am keen as well.

For medical, I believe it should be fine. For security, I have a sibling who's already in MINDEF so I assume it should be okay too.

But I just want to know if I should continue job hunting.

Unregistered 24-02-2016 01:02 AM

DXO HR executive Application

Hi, I am just wondering if I apply through the website last Friday, and got an email on Tuesday to submit more detailed personal particulars. Has anyone encounter this before?

Unregistered 25-02-2016 10:11 AM

DXO Safety Officer Applicant

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80300)
Hi, I am just wondering if I apply through the website last Friday, and got an email on Tuesday to submit more detailed personal particulars. Has anyone encounter this before?

No, they will shortlist me via email and book a date for the PT.
Currently 2 weeks after the PT. Hopefully they can contact me.

Unregistered 25-02-2016 11:55 AM

Hr exceutive postion

Oh what postion did you apply for? And how Long did you sign up before they short list you to do pt? Mine was they ask me for more of my details!

Unregistered 25-02-2016 06:05 PM

PT tomorrow!

Hi, am going for the PT tomorrow. It's not my first time.. I actually went for it once when i first graduated about 2 years ago. (but got ousted at that stage.. :(..)
Hope it will all go well tomorrow. Super nervous!

photocoke 26-02-2016 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80300)

I received this as well and I have submitted whatever they required. Has the HR gotten back to you?

Unregistered 28-02-2016 07:53 PM

Safety Officer Applicant

Next week is the 3rd week after my PT, will they really get back to me even i failed the PT?

Unregistered 29-02-2016 10:09 AM

Safety Officer

Anyone that go for the essay, is it written or on a computer itself?

Unregistered 02-03-2016 09:46 AM

Hr officer

They reply saying my particulars unclear , too light . Resend one more time! You?

Unregistered 02-03-2016 10:00 AM

Safety Officer

I check with HR, they will contact me this week. As for the information I do not have any request for resubmission. Maybe because you are fresh grad? Coz I worked for more than 11 years.

Unregistered 02-03-2016 02:41 PM

This forum really so many insecure people. People! Ask your HR rep, instead of salary.sg forum!

Unregistered 02-03-2016 03:40 PM

Safety Officer

Some just wants a heads up on the sequence, I guess.
Open forum and discussion.

Unregistered 02-03-2016 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80713)
Some just wants a heads up on the sequence, I guess.
Open forum and discussion.

while its true. the answer has already been provided within the thread. some people are just lazy.

Unregistered 04-03-2016 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76005)
wear like if you are going for a normal interview. and no. i didnt even bring a bag.

if you are offered, HR will call you and give you a verbal offer. then will send you for medical and security clearance and final management approval. whole process takes another 1-2 months. up till here, nothing is confirmed until you sign on the contract. this is the part i am at now... waiting and pray i cleared everything.

Hey there. Im currently at the same stage as you now. Wondering if you have signed the contract? If yes, how long did you have to wait?? Thanks!

Unregistered 04-03-2016 11:16 AM

Safety Officer

Just called the HR, was told to wait for another week as the unit have not replied HR.

Unregistered 04-03-2016 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80791)
Hey there. Im currently at the same stage as you now. Wondering if you have signed the contract? If yes, how long did you have to wait?? Thanks!

ive signed the contract more than a month ago. already started working after contract was signed.

i had waited about 2 months plus for clearance. this is the norm. so no point chasing them. although you can start calling after 6 weeks. good luck!

Unregistered 05-03-2016 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80813)
ive signed the contract more than a month ago. already started working after contract was signed.

i had waited about 2 months plus for clearance. this is the norm. so no point chasing them. although you can start calling after 6 weeks. good luck!

Glad to hear that! Congrats!

Thanks so much for the advice! :)

Unregistered 08-03-2016 09:00 PM

Safety Officer Applicant

Seriously it has been 4 weeks after i had attempted the PT. Still no news? I wondering when they have vacancy, they themselves are willing to wait for 3-6 months for the applicant to fill in the position?

Unregistered 08-03-2016 09:11 PM

Safety Officer Applicant

After a quick search in this thread, it seem like it is normal for the long wait, anyone that took the PT in Feb 2016 being called up for the interview??

Unregistered 09-03-2016 01:00 AM

Right Here Waiting

Took PT on 26th Feb

Was being asked for more documentation on the week after

This Monday got a mail to say I was not shortlisted for the positions I applied but was recommended another position instead

Told them I was keen and they submitted my application for consideration again...

So as they say in the previous posts, maybe no news is good news :)

Unregistered 09-03-2016 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80974)
Seriously it has been 4 weeks after i had attempted the PT. Still no news? I wondering when they have vacancy, they themselves are willing to wait for 3-6 months for the applicant to fill in the position?

yes. myself i applied late august. PT on sept. interview in oct. unit preview in nov. medical in nov. only started working this Feb. because this is a perm job after probation, its in their interest to check everything. especially this is a military organisation.

Unregistered 09-03-2016 08:10 AM

Safety Officer

My background should be clean, was previously from NEA, currently with a big US MNC and RC key appointment holder.

Unregistered 09-03-2016 12:26 PM

Hr officer

Just a curious question, if they say my particulars are unclear and ask for it . I resend back to them last week on Thursday . How many days must I wait for them to revert back to me? Like maybe will they Email me that I am not shortlisted or shortlisted?

Unregistered 09-03-2016 01:17 PM

Safety Officer

Just got rejection email. I guess I am out of this discussion.
Thanks guys..

Unregistered 09-03-2016 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81001)
My background should be clean, was previously from NEA, currently with a big US MNC and RC key appointment holder.

just to note here. they dont check your background until you cleared the interview. if you have no news since PT means gg.