Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Salary Increment Rate (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1700-salary-increment-rate.html)

Unregistered 27-09-2014 04:24 PM

Engineer in tech manufacturing. last year increment 23%, this year 19%

Unregistered 27-09-2014 04:34 PM

Starting pay

Something I don't understand. Take a look at ://.careers.gov.sg/Careers/Major+Occupation+Groups/

Indicative Gross Monthly Starting Salary* - Management Executive (MX) (Policy and Strategy, Corporate Development, Operational Management, or Service Delivery)

Up to $3,260

It means max start is only $3.2K even for FCH. But why it seems that everyone in this forum get at least $4K start (based on older posts)?

Unregistered 27-09-2014 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 56942)
Something I don't understand. Take a look at ://.careers.gov.sg/Careers/Major+Occupation+Groups/

Indicative Gross Monthly Starting Salary* - Management Executive (MX) (Policy and Strategy, Corporate Development, Operational Management, or Service Delivery)

Up to $3,260

It means max start is only $3.2K even for FCH. But why it seems that everyone in this forum get at least $4K start (based on older posts)?

Hi those with 4k could be inclusive of allowance or shift duty. 3.2k could be the base.

Unregistered 28-09-2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 56942)

Up to $3,260

Actually that is something puzzling to me as well. I ask around my ex-uni mates who have FCH or 2Up who join civil service, none have actually hit $4k offer so far.

I've asked 5 of my friends (3NUS + 1NTU + 1SMU). They are all in the region of 3-3.6k depending on honors class and NS status. I come here and read it seems everyone from local uni is getting either high 3ks or 4k+

Unregistered 28-09-2014 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 56976)
Actually that is something puzzling to me as well. I ask around my ex-uni mates who have FCH or 2Up who join civil service, none have actually hit $4k offer so far.

I've asked 5 of my friends (3NUS + 1NTU + 1SMU). They are all in the region of 3-3.6k depending on honors class and NS status. I come here and read it seems everyone from local uni is getting either high 3ks or 4k+

Are any of them FCH with NS? I have a friend from an overseas uni that's getting 3.8k (FCH, NS)

Unregistered 28-09-2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 56976)

It depends on the agency and the role ... MFA FSO pays 4.2K for FCH (males), for instance. Roles that have shifts also pay more.

iceman79 30-09-2014 08:22 AM

This is my 10th year in hdd company with a s in front. Senior engineer increment about 4% last year. Now pm is 5.5k. Is this consider high for a 35 year old? Using jobstreet salary report it says I'm in the 75 percentile. Kind of feel I'm not supposed to be that high...anyone can confirm this? This is my first job after grad.

Unregistered 30-09-2014 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 56991)
Are any of them FCH with NS? I have a friend from an overseas uni that's getting 3.8k (FCH, NS)

I'm with a ministry, just graduated recently. Local uni, FCH, with NS, starting pay $3.8k

Unregistered 30-09-2014 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceman79 (Post 57074)
This is my 10th year in hdd company with a s in front. Senior engineer increment about 4% last year. Now pm is 5.5k. Is this consider high for a 35 year old? Using jobstreet salary report it says I'm in the 75 percentile. Kind of feel I'm not supposed to be that high...anyone can confirm this? This is my first job after grad.

your monthly basis = 5.5k

how much is your annual salary inclusive all bonus/aws/stock/shares??

Unregistered 30-09-2014 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 57076)
I'm with a ministry, just graduated recently. Local uni, FCH, with NS, starting pay $3.8k

Seems like it's pretty constant then, and that there's no differentiation from local and foreign unis