Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Working culture @ IDA (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1576-working-culture-infocomm-development-authority-singapore.html)

Unregistered 25-04-2016 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 84415)
Your g50 cleared but still not called up for medical? yours is cat 1 or 2a?

thanks for the reply.

not sure which cat; it is just the normal e-G50 personal particulars form.

last correspondence with HR was an e-mail two weeks ago - "pending management approval for offer".

I will just wait for their call.

Unregistered 25-04-2016 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 84427)
thanks for the reply.

not sure which cat; it is just the normal e-G50 personal particulars form.

last correspondence with HR was an e-mail two weeks ago - "pending management approval for offer".

I will just wait for their call.

hey there! Don't mind can share your role and position? years of experience and how much you ask for?

Unregistered 25-04-2016 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 84412)
I am currently awaiting for my offer package to be approved by HR higher authority. And also awaiting to be sent for medical. It has already been 7 weeks. Reference check and g50 clearance already done. HR manager will let me know when package is approved. Wondering if the restructuring to imda and gto is causing the delay?

i signed the contract approximately 5 weeks after HR notified that i got the job. here's the chain of process (for my application) if it helps:

selected for the position --> submit g50 particulars and details for reference checks --> package negotiation --> official offer after management approval is secured --> medical -- (2 weeks) --> sign contract

that said, i suppose my position didn't need a high security clearance so i got it done pretty quickly.

Unregistered 30-04-2016 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 84430)
i signed the contract approximately 5 weeks after HR notified that i got the job. here's the chain of process (for my application) if it helps:

selected for the position --> submit g50 particulars and details for reference checks --> package negotiation --> official offer after management approval is secured --> medical -- (2 weeks) --> sign contract

that said, i suppose my position didn't need a high security clearance so i got it done pretty quickly.

thanks for the sequence of events. i have recently passed the medical and signed the offer. the delay was really due to internal restructuring.

Unregistered 01-05-2016 01:03 AM

How much can i expect for entry salary at grade 9?

Unregistered 03-05-2016 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62718)
average pay for personnels promoting into
G11 - slightly less than 7K
G12 - slightly less than 10K
G13 - 11K (12 and 13 roughly same, except for super scale bonus)
G14 - 12K (bar)
G15 - max of 16K
==========

G12 - slightly less than 10K
This is exec director or senior mgr?? Its a low level manager salary in the private sector.. is above info correct anot. If so, IDA underpays a lot

Unregistered 25-05-2016 09:10 AM

who has the updated pay scale for g9? 6-7 years experience go in a g9 ok? normally how long is the promotion? what's the average bonus? +is it true that they will give higher grade / bonus for local u and distance learner? like that distance learner go in as "lower class"? btw when is Ida bonus payout?

Unregistered 13-06-2016 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66011)
Good guys, you will regret joining IDA.

IDA is famous among Singapore engineering community for ultra politicking. Having lost all their credibility, high salary is the only way to save their grace.

Typically they get 16 months salary a year, while those guys inside sucks big time technically. Meanwhile they can console themselves that they are "planners", project managers, who are the kind that PAP government think they deserve high salary.

The outside contractors and good engineers do the real work.

PAP jobs are hopeless unless you know how to suck coc.

I strongly agree! IDA is the worst company I ever worked in.Company culture is the worst I ever seen.
No matter how strong your experience is, at the end of day, you will need to follow their senseless instructions. There is no room for discussion even though you have your own thoughts.

Put down your dignity and face the worst of people you can see in IDA.
Everyday, you do not know why and what you are doing. Because they told you to, you just do.
In the end, the credits goes to all the DD and you are after all their assistants.

Your boss like you, you are in luck. If not, easily get black marked in IDA.

Unregistered 29-07-2016 01:41 PM

Can IDA's offered salary be negotiable?

Unregistered 04-08-2016 04:40 PM

can, I know someone did, but not much

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88928)
Can IDA's offered salary be negotiable?