Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 23-11-2021 10:04 AM

I realised my friends from yellow are always complaining haha!!They are definitely more free than the rest of my friends from Orange, Blue and Green, yet complain the most! really strawberries

Unregistered 23-11-2021 03:51 PM

Previous batches “spoil market” for us by being too hardworking and putting up with the long hours. Now it makes us look bad in comparison.

I don’t think we are strawberries. It’s just the previous batches are like coconuts or durians, super durable.

Just because my senior works to 3am, doesn’t mean I should be labelled strawberry if I say I prefer to end work at 6pm.

Unregistered 23-11-2021 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191086)
Previous batches “spoil market” for us by being too hardworking and putting up with the long hours. Now it makes us look bad in comparison.

I don’t think we are strawberries. It’s just the previous batches are like coconuts or durians, super durable.

Just because my senior works to 3am, doesn’t mean I should be labelled strawberry if I say I prefer to end work at 6pm.

End work at 6pm is perfectly normal.Most of our clients end work at 6pm and expect us to leave. It is only in audit where ending work at 12am is considered normal and ending work at 6pm is lazy

Unregistered 23-11-2021 05:33 PM

Culture of eating hours for partners need to die

Unregistered 23-11-2021 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191105)
End work at 6pm is perfectly normal.Most of our clients end work at 6pm and expect us to leave. It is only in audit where ending work at 12am is considered normal and ending work at 6pm is lazy

How is it that no one in the history of this thread had lodged a complaint if all these stories of working to 12am is true?

Unregistered 23-11-2021 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191145)
How is it that no one in the history of this thread had lodged a complaint if all these stories of working to 12am is true?

because malaysians with tunku abdul rahman accounting degree are lining up to replace u to earn the 1SGD:3MYR.

goldman sachs associates can pushback on insane working hours and their partners LLST hv to listen becos GS knows what kind of juniors they want and won't settle for 2nd rate juniors.
://.efinancialcareers.sg/news/2021/03/goldman-sachs-overworked-analysts

u try to do that and they'll drop u for a malaysian immediately and at a cheaper rate

Unregistered 24-11-2021 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191145)

Bro are you in the industry? With the exception of interns or maybe some lucky A1s, who haven't experienced working till 12am before in audit?

Unregistered 24-11-2021 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191187)
Bro are you in the industry? With the exception of interns or maybe some lucky A1s, who haven't experienced working till 12am before in audit?

I’m not in the industry. Just curious passing by this thread wondering why it’s so active.

Unregistered 24-11-2021 02:19 PM

Can someone give me breakdown why previously in this thread they say sm earns 160 k per annum?

If 10 k salary pm + 2m bonus that is only 140 k

Unregistered 24-11-2021 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191283)
Can someone give me breakdown why previously in this thread they say sm earns 160 k per annum?

If 10 k salary pm + 2m bonus that is only 140 k

Because different firm different grading.

Some firms got Director. Other firms the “director” is embedded inside SM.