Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 23-08-2021 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180964)
Well... if you do simple math, blue employees lose out pretty much during the first 3 years. Who is to say that they will stay for more than 3 years...

u only get rewarded the longer u stay... else the pay at associates and senior is kinda under market.

Unregistered 23-08-2021 03:59 PM

Any EY A1 new-joiners received salary email already?

Unregistered 23-08-2021 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180964)
Well... if you do simple math, blue employees lose out pretty much during the first 3 years. Who is to say that they will stay for more than 3 years...

I am talking in relation to myself not other people

Myself already more than 3 years lol

Unregistered 23-08-2021 05:19 PM

Those who tender early this year really is shag

Unregistered 23-08-2021 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180896)
Big 4 advisory only does the scraps of unwanted implementation projects that MBB don’t do anyway

It's a spectrum of consultancy work.

Everyone wants to hire MBB to do strategy work, but not everyone can afford MBB rates.

So companies normally hire MBB to perform overall strategy, whilst implementation trickles down to the cheaper ACN + Big 4 Consulting firms. And if they want cheaper resources, then go for the Cognizant/HCL type outsourcing companies.

But these days everybody wants to eat the other person's pie. Not many organisations are willing to spend the big bucks for MBB strategy consultants on a yearly basis, so MBB wants to go down the value chain to do PM. But with MBB rates, too exp.

Then the ACN/Big 4 want to steal some of the strategy pie and move up the value chain but with their lower ratecards so it's cheaper, but of course the brand name is difficult to make up. Also Big4 trying to go down and fight with the bodyshops etc by having outsourcing centers in India.

And finally the outsourcing shops trying to move up the value chain and fight with ACN/Big 4.

Thinking that everyone is clamoring to hire MBB is kinda like saying everybody who wants a car will buy a Rolls Royce. Sure, I don't mind driving a Rolls Royce, but it doesn't mean I can afford it when a Mazda can do everything I need it to do at a lower price.

Unregistered 23-08-2021 07:08 PM

how much increment was it for you guys from s1 to s2?

Unregistered 23-08-2021 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180943)
I only got 2 mths bonus..

I think ur the higher performer.

Do you have the sentence “your remuneration is aligned to that of our performing tier population.”?

Unregistered 23-08-2021 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180982)
Do you have the sentence “your remuneration is aligned to that of our performing tier population.”?

Yes… 10 char

Unregistered 23-08-2021 08:32 PM

Any more data points on the bonus and increment ?

Unregistered 23-08-2021 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180944)
As an SM1 entering SM2, salary bump was a generous 15%. Definitely much more than expected.

Bonus 2.5 months as well. If they can do that for SMs, I'm really not surprised if the bump for As and SAs is higher (20-30%)

U are from tax , assurance , SaT or consulting ?
So the higher u go ur increment % is lesser ?