Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 26-05-2021 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170618)
Settlement and clearing is back office la dumb fk.

And these roles are based off shore dumb fk. You big 4 brain empty I unds

Unregistered 26-05-2021 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170617)
Source your mom la. I’m from MO/BO and honestly all these FO “ridiculing” and “treated like dirt” is fking BS. At least not in SG and the BB that I am at. Which desk are you on “Associate”? You think you in WSO LOL

Anw, the pay + hours are 100% better in MO vs Big 4 and believe it or not, I have offers from many consultancies (PM roles) throughout my stint. Allow me to explain (since you’re obviously not in BB MO). Most of the clearing and settlement etc are now handed offshore (eg in India) and typically pure-play MO roles based in SG are more focused on IA projects now (if you are in the industry, you would know that the market is flooded with PM roles now at both the Associate, VP and ED levels).

Calm down. There’s isn’t a debate that BB MO/BO is better than Big 4. Grad programmes pay >4K (GS starts at 4.6k) and if you’re from the GP and don’t fk up, you’ll easily reach VP drawing 11k-12k at your 7th year. That’s with a better WLB to boot as well.

Unregistered 26-05-2021 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170620)
Calm down. There’s isn’t a debate that BB MO/BO is better than Big 4. Grad programmes pay >4K (GS starts at 4.6k) and if you’re from the GP and don’t fk up, you’ll easily reach VP drawing 11k-12k at your 7th year. That’s with a better WLB to boot as well.

Exactly. FO with their high salary, but you calculate their per hour salary, plus the fact they must constantly be working even on weekends and PH, and constant competition, worth it anot

Unregistered 26-05-2021 08:24 PM

How bonuses and pay increment this year for b4?

Unregistered 26-05-2021 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170711)
How bonuses and pay increment this year for b4?

Doesn't matter. Still a slave.

chickpig 26-05-2021 11:57 PM

Can we stop putting down people's careers and professions? Sure, they not be as high paying as yours. So what? They are still important and essential jobs. Life ain't all about $ only. Moreover, almost everyone here is a university grad, which is already a decent achievement in itself.

Unregistered 27-05-2021 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickpig (Post 170770)
Can we stop putting down people's careers and professions? Sure, they not be as high paying as yours. So what? They are still important and essential jobs. Life ain't all about $ only. Moreover, almost everyone here is a university grad, which is already a decent achievement in itself.

Doesn't change the fact that being a big 4 is akin to selling ur soul for slavery

Unregistered 27-05-2021 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickpig (Post 170770)

Being a uni grad is a decent achievement, but being a uni grad who joined big 4 after graduation is shameful. 2.4k take home salary. I rather work at mcdonalds.

Unregistered 27-05-2021 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170799)
Being a uni grad is a decent achievement, but being a uni grad who joined big 4 after graduation is shameful. 2.4k take home salary. I rather work at mcdonalds.

2.4k? Wtf? Their parents must be so darn dissapointed in them.

Unregistered 27-05-2021 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170801)
2.4k? Wtf? Their parents must be so darn dissapointed in them.

This is rather decent; let's not put people down like this ok? :)