Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 10-03-2024 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270208)
For those who suffered panic attacks during peak, any tips on overcoming it and catching up on work? It's getting more and more frequent to the extent my workday is affected. Can they ask you to leave the firm immediately without 1 month notice if they think your performance is not up to scratch?

Y’all funny leh. This question is akin to “I’m allergic to peanuts. What should I do to make the allergy go away?” Answer is you quit eating it. Lol.

Unregistered 10-03-2024 04:44 PM

Sunday afternoon, office so crowded lol

Unregistered 10-03-2024 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270208)
For those who suffered panic attacks during peak, any tips on overcoming it and catching up on work? It's getting more and more frequent to the extent my workday is affected. Can they ask you to leave the firm immediately without 1 month notice if they think your performance is not up to scratch?

If you don't have any urgent financial commitments, my only tip is to quit.

I've been there before and honestly, any attempts at catching up means you won't even have the time to do your laundry on the weekends.

Worse, you'd probably get a huge mental block because your brain is still instinctively sane and will refuse to rationalize sacrificing 100% of your free time for a job that is causing you health issues. Then the outstanding work snowballs and you'll completely break.

If you need to support your parents or something, just get a part time job to sustain them or use your savings while you find a proper job. Money can always be earned back throughout your lifetime but you will never get back your health once you lose bits and pieces of them past your mid 20s.

Not sure which firm you are from but I was told I'd be on a PIP where they could fire me without needing to complete the 1 month notice period and I could be placed on a PIP anytime during the year. So technically they can ask you to leave immediately.

Good luck.

Unregistered 10-03-2024 06:23 PM

I just got my PA licence

Is it common to get throw all the high risk jobs from the senior partner in big4?

Unregistered 10-03-2024 10:36 PM

I just got my PA licence

Is it common for senior partner in big4 to be jealous of me?

Unregistered 11-03-2024 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270262)
I just got my PA licence

Is it common for senior partner in big4 to be jealous of me?

Stfu and get a life

Unregistered 11-03-2024 08:51 AM

I know this NTU girl very early got her PA licence in her early 20s

I think is because her father is the founder of audit firm

Unregistered 11-03-2024 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270240)
If you don't have any urgent financial commitments, my only tip is to quit.

I've been there before and honestly, any attempts at catching up means you won't even have the time to do your laundry on the weekends.

Worse, you'd probably get a huge mental block because your brain is still instinctively sane and will refuse to rationalize sacrificing 100% of your free time for a job that is causing you health issues. Then the outstanding work snowballs and you'll completely break.

If you need to support your parents or something, just get a part time job to sustain them or use your savings while you find a proper job. Money can always be earned back throughout your lifetime but you will never get back your health once you lose bits and pieces of them past your mid 20s.

Not sure which firm you are from but I was told I'd be on a PIP where they could fire me without needing to complete the 1 month notice period and I could be placed on a PIP anytime during the year. So technically they can ask you to leave immediately.

Good luck.

Why not just serve notice and go normally?

Why place yourself on PIP? Won’t you get a bad rep?

Unregistered 11-03-2024 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270205)
Compliance, risk, internal audit. B4 workload sucks

All of them are back office jobs. Front office jobs are basically jobs like IB, S&T, PB and Big 4 Audit where u shld stay for accelerated career growth

Unregistered 11-03-2024 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270280)
I know this NTU girl very early got her PA licence in her early 20s

I think is because her father is the founder of audit firm

What’s her name?