Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 19-09-2023 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256282)
EY consulting increment and bonus this year is quite bad, time to look for jobs elsewhere…

how much is it?

Unregistered 19-09-2023 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256274)
Bro, I got bad news for you.

When you find yourself saying things like “back when I” or “back in my day” or “during my time”

It’s a sign you are old and outdated. You may be feeling a disconnect to the current reality and trying to live in denial that times have changed.

No point talking about the past already la.

even if they are a fresh grad, they would have only chosen their course just 4 years ago. it's actually quite sad how it used to be TURF and now it's suddenly SURF

that's why i always tell my interns to take analytics or comp sci on the side instead of doing 100% accounting. at least they still have a chance to change while those of us graduated these 2 years can't do much

Unregistered 19-09-2023 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256285)
Y'all auditors just keep your head down and work la. Don't complain so much

Other service lines in consulting, advisory cutting ppl becos not enough work. Deloitte just mass layoff 800 people. EY US layoff 3k ppl. EY UK also cutting 5% headcount. all from advisory side.

audit isn't glamorous but someone has to do it. be grateful you hv a job. audit is iron rice bowl won't chop one. so don't mess up your privileged position.

Lol this is some painful, pragmatic advice

Can’t tell whether it’s in support or derision

Unregistered 19-09-2023 11:49 PM

Pay Increment

Does anyone know what the salary range for A2 and S1 in EY tech consulting is?

Unregistered 20-09-2023 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256295)
even if they are a fresh grad, they would have only chosen their course just 4 years ago. it's actually quite sad how it used to be TURF and now it's suddenly SURF

that's why i always tell my interns to take analytics or comp sci on the side instead of doing 100% accounting. at least they still have a chance to change while those of us graduated these 2 years can't do much

Fair enough, agree that fresh graduates would have chosen their course 3 to 4 years ago, longer for our NSmen.

But rather than “just” 4 years ago, it’s really more like “freaking four years ago”

It’s still time to either move on or make the best of your life decisions, take responsibility and ownership of the choices you made, even though you could not have foreseen current circumstances back then.

Unregistered 20-09-2023 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256319)
Fair enough, agree that fresh graduates would have chosen their course 3 to 4 years ago, longer for our NSmen.

But rather than “just” 4 years ago, it’s really more like “freaking four years ago”

It’s still time to either move on or make the best of your life decisions, take responsibility and ownership of the choices you made, even though you could not have foreseen current circumstances back then.

I don’t think this is a fair statement. If it’s a professional degree you have studied for, then it’s reasonable to assume that you would enter the profession and make a career out of it.

Of course, generally, the vicissitudes of life gets to everyone and we have to adapt accordingly - but this is a cold comfort advice when you tell someone to suddenly pivot like this.

Unregistered 20-09-2023 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256326)
I don’t think this is a fair statement. If it’s a professional degree you have studied for, then it’s reasonable to assume that you would enter the profession and make a career out of it.

Of course, generally, the vicissitudes of life gets to everyone and we have to adapt accordingly - but this is a cold comfort advice when you tell someone to suddenly pivot like this.

every industry waxes and wanes. but the top of each profession will always be well remunerated. tldr stop whining and try to be the best

Unregistered 20-09-2023 11:58 AM

the thing is that big 4 dont hire freelance staff for projects. hence, they will keep you employed so that when the big projects come in, there is someone to start work on it alr

Unregistered 20-09-2023 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256331)
every industry waxes and wanes. but the top of each profession will always be well remunerated. tldr stop whining and try to be the best

Fully agree, as adults you should stop blaming other people for your decisions.

Take ownership and man up.

You chose this, so suck it up and deal with it.

Not happy, either leave, or stay long enough to change from within if you believe you can do that.

Unregistered 20-09-2023 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256335)
Fully agree, as adults you should stop blaming other people for your decisions.

Take ownership and man up.

You chose this, so suck it up and deal with it.

Not happy, either leave, or stay long enough to change from within if you believe you can do that.

I think complaining / sounding out is always good for improvement. Kicking the floor and whining isn’t of course. So what’s your point?