Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Forgive me, I'm just a poly student (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1496-forgive-me-im-just-poly-student.html)

Unregistered 06-09-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trusttutors (Post 15959)
I was first exposed to the working sector when I graduated from DHS with an O level certificate. So I entered a MLM direct sales company where i, through my hard work, earned 2000 dollars a month. However, I was not impressed with this sum of money for all the hard work I have put in. I need to reach office at 8.30am every morning, start work around 11am on field, go back to office by 7pm, and knock off by 8pm. Every night when I reach home it would by 9pm, and i just dont have the energy to spend my time with my family. Eventually i quitted as i felt that it is not worth my time and energy. Right now, I am associated with yet ANOTHER MLM. This time round, my salary in my first month is nearing 6k, and would only grow exponentially due to the company's wage structure. As a student, I only take care of my own expenses, school fees etc. Thus I felt that a 6k salary is good. But I would need to consult you guys out in the working world, if there's a 6k salary in your hands that will keep growing, is is it enough to support the family????

Don't be exploited by MLMs, they are mostly scams to trick youngsters and housewives to become the downlines for them, many a time the companies will just disappear overnight.

Unregistered 06-09-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 15981)
Don't be exploited by MLMs, they are mostly scams to trick youngsters and housewives to become the downlines for them, many a time the companies will just disappear overnight.

But if he's collecting 6k net every month, then it's not a bad thing. Care to expose more on the modus operandi of typical MLMs?

trusttutors 06-09-2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 15981)

SAB is awarded Professional Enterprise Certificate, along with 11 other corporations such as Qian Hu. That's one thing why I believed them. The other thing is that they are on channel news asia ESABEE - SAB on Channel News Asia CNA - YouTube
That's why i believed them over the others, and that they would not disappear overnight

trusttutors 06-09-2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 15999)
But if he's collecting 6k net every month, then it's not a bad thing. Care to expose more on the modus operandi of typical MLMs?

My first MLM company i have worked in is Operation Renewal, a charity organisation by nature. However, I was under Team Xcel, a direct sales team associated with Operation Renewal. Our overrides is based on your rank within the team. Ranks are as follow : Guy, Leader, Team leader, Team Manager, Manager.

So let's say a book of tickets has 15 tickets within it, each ticket is 10 dollars. of this 10 dollars, a minimum of 7 dollars is to go to charity. 2 dollars goes to the guy. So how is this one dollar split? For every book a guy sells within a team, the team leader (Team Xcel is splitted into many more teams, headed either by leaders, team leaders or team managers) gets about 50 cents ? whereas the team manager gets 2 dollars for each book sold. Not sure about the manager (who has a basic pay i heard). However it is a very commission based system whereby we do not have a basic pay apart from managers.

Now moving on, at Esabee. A more complex structure, but similar working methods. for each package sold, the seller gets 100 dollars, and those above him each gets 43 dollars. This is the difference between network marketing and MLM. MLM means the ones at the top get more money than those downlines in terms of overrides, but network marketing means as long as that fella sells and is the downline of 3 people, this 3 people would earn 43 dollars each.

For me, all are still MLMs.

Unregistered 07-09-2011 01:12 AM

heard of sunshine empire?

only those in the top of the chain make good money,
eventually the network will be exhausted and scheme is not sustainable,
people at the bottom of the chain suffers.

make sure you are on top,
but you are so young,
so i suspect you are being make used of.

earn a quick buck and take it as a part time job.

Multi-level marketing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Unregistered 07-09-2011 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 16003)
heard of sunshine empire?

only those in the top of the chain make good money,
eventually the network will be exhausted and scheme is not sustainable,
people at the bottom of the chain suffers.

make sure you are on top,
but you are so young,
so i suspect you are being make used of.

earn a quick buck and take it as a part time job.

Multi-level marketing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If he's collecting 6k every month, what's his loss even if the MLM co collapses? Maybe some loss in not building up a "proper" career (but he'll be good in sales).

TS - do you need to hold inventory or pump in large amt of money regularly? Is your 6k revenue or net profit?

trusttutors 07-09-2011 09:00 AM

Nope, no need to hold inventory or pump in money at all. 6k is my salary for my first month, hopefully second month I will get more

Unregistered 07-09-2011 02:07 PM

How do I join?

trusttutors 07-09-2011 02:55 PM

Uhh by contacting me...?Haha. But pros and cons of MLM like what many have said here. But I weighed my options. Hope you weigh yours first before you consider though.

Unregistered 07-09-2011 03:48 PM

anyone else notice this series of posts sound like a great advert?

before joining this "poly student" , please refer to the below:

Sunshine Empire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia