Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 12-12-2014 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 59951)
converted from 6mths contract job to perm, 3.3k salary
local bank

What job scope ? Contract and perm same job position or different ?

Unregistered 14-12-2014 11:43 PM

Ending contract (left 1 mth) change dept, 3 weeks later, got offer perm position in the newly transferred dept.

Middle office role.

Unregistered 20-12-2014 03:02 PM

Contract via recruitment agent or direct ?

ZAP 27-12-2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55392)
Hi,

Seeking advice from experienced professionals!

I will be graduating in May 2015 with a BSc B&F degree after my final exams (hooray!) and am really keen on pursuing a career as a Management Consultant. Top choices, of course, go to MBB Consulting firms followed by local and foreign consulting firms.

Would like to seek advice on:

1. What firms are good in the industry
2. If the number of graduates of SIM-UOL getting in is high
3. How and What I can do to score an interview with them (I'm pretty confident with my interview skills!)

If you have been there, done that or heard of similar cases, please feel free to share! Criticism is accepted if that can make me improve (Y)

Well, as with the others who have already replied you, forget about getting into MBB. You have better luck with second tier consulting firms, like the big 4, accenture, watson towers, mercer.

I actually by some miracle managed to get an internship with mercer before my 3rd year. I performed well, and they gave me a return offer. However, i must declare though, that it is for HR Consulting. So i turned it down. My advice would be, target the 2nd tier or the 3rd tier. Build up your experience, then try for a jump upwards. A much better chance that way.

Unregistered 28-12-2014 07:48 PM

RMIT Accountancy Degree

Graduated with a RMIT Bachelor of Business Accountancy with Distinction. Also, conferred The Overall Top Student award for the year.

Consequently, I was able to secured a job in a government-linked company, drawing a salary of $3K.

Unregistered 01-01-2015 07:13 PM

converted from 8 months contract to perm, drawing $4.5K now. Back-office in brokerage firm

Unregistered 01-01-2015 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60846)
converted from 8 months contract to perm, drawing $4.5K now. Back-office in brokerage firm

Do you suck dick with that?

SIM people will never get interns at brokerage firms. They wont even get banks and will be lucky if they pour coffee in an accounting firm. ur 4.5k must be from gambling or ur parent's will

Unregistered 02-01-2015 12:20 AM

Quote:

That's dam good pay for back. Can pull me in? Can reveal which firm, gg to apply now

The above poster so pissed. Lol. Uol deg is one of the best. Suck it up. Haha! I know a lot in big 4 as acct/auditor, foreign & local banks as analyst & credit rating agencies etc

tweiqi 02-01-2015 03:43 PM

Quote:

lol. YA WE BELIEVE YOU. convert to perm 4.5K. Any prior experiences ? If not, dream on.

Unregistered 03-01-2015 12:49 AM

Quote:

That is very good pay! Is it a local brokerage firm?