Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 02-04-2016 05:33 PM

It is not amazing to get 3.5-4k. Our graduate pay has been stagnant the past 20 years. Cost of living has increased at a much faster pace compared to fresh grad salary increment. Life is tough in Singapore now.

Unregistered 03-04-2016 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82664)
It is not amazing to get 3.5-4k. Our graduate pay has been stagnant the past 20 years. Cost of living has increased at a much faster pace compared to fresh grad salary increment. Life is tough in Singapore now.

our generation is ****ed, don't even know if got enough funds to get married and have a child

Unregistered 07-04-2016 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82411)
Yes it is a similar role.

You are from sim and your first job is with one of the bulge bracket that pays you 4.7k per month???? You kidding me? I'm from sim with a bulge bracket as well, with close to 3 years experience, and your starting pay as a fresh grad from sim is greatly exaggerated.

Unregistered 07-04-2016 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82974)
You are from sim and your first job is with one of the bulge bracket that pays you 4.7k per month???? You kidding me? I'm from sim with a bulge bracket as well, with close to 3 years experience, and your starting pay as a fresh grad from sim is greatly exaggerated.

I posted in the next post that I am not from SIM. I'm from an overseas top 20 Uni. Please read. I am getting 6+k now after one year. Work hard and good luck everyone! Job market is really bad right now. Headcount freeze in most banks.

Unregistered 07-04-2016 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82981)
I posted in the next post that I am not from SIM. I'm from an overseas top 20 Uni. Please read. I am getting 6+k now after one year. Work hard and good luck everyone! Job market is really bad right now. Headcount freeze in most banks.

I've asked you many times and you failed to answer. What is your official title as stated in your contract?

Unregistered 07-04-2016 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82981)

6k+ after one year? U are from a top 20 overseas Uni but doing investment councilor role? Also sounds bogus. Alot of sim students taking this role, and it's nothing to be glorified.

Unregistered 07-04-2016 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82989)
6k+ after one year? U are from a top 20 overseas Uni but doing investment councilor role? Also sounds bogus. Alot of sim students taking this role, and it's nothing to be glorified.

That's why I've asked him twice already what is his official title and he has yet to answer me with a definitive answer.

Unregistered 07-04-2016 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82995)
That's why I've asked him twice already what is his official title and he has yet to answer me with a definitive answer.

Sounds like a crock of sh!t.

Just give out the BB and the role la.. Not like anyone will pinpoint it to the actual person. Lame f_uck trolling man.

Unregistered 07-04-2016 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83000)
Sounds like a crock of sh!t.

Just give out the BB and the role la.. Not like anyone will pinpoint it to the actual person. Lame f_uck trolling man.

Exactly. You, the $6k+ guy, I know you are seeing my post as you actively post on this thread and the other "jobless for long time" thread.

Don't hide. What is your exact role as on your contract? Please answer.

Unregistered 07-04-2016 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83007)
Exactly. You, the $6k+ guy, I know you are seeing my post as you actively post on this thread and the other "jobless for long time" thread.

why r u so hung up over somebody making more than u that u need to keep posting?

maybe real maybe false, if he dun wanna share due to privacy also his right. just move on to discussing the topic, no need keep hounding others just to prove ur right. if he say he make 2k will u be pestering him non stop?

Unregistered 07-04-2016 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83011)
why r u so hung up over somebody making more than u that u need to keep posting?

maybe real maybe false, if he dun wanna share due to privacy also his right. just move on to discussing the topic, no need keep hounding others just to prove ur right. if he say he make 2k will u be pestering him non stop?

I want to see whether Singaporeans easily say they work FO but could be BO job. So part I bo liao and part I want him to admit his mistake. It adds value to this thread because don't want him to mislead others.

And btw, my base is more than $6k+. Haha, not showing off about it but don't assume I'm paid less than him. Give me your email then I email you my employment contract. Serious.

I really like this forum because can call out people. So yeah, it's really just me calling him out. But hey, if he works FO then my mistake lor. He started it first okay.

Unregistered 07-04-2016 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83007)

Lol I have nothing to hide. I'm just a junior in the team with 1 yr exp. All the other ppl on my team have MBA from ivy leagues/ CFA. I don't think it is a job that a lot of SIM grads are doing. And why do I have to reveal my title. Take it or leave it.

Unregistered 07-04-2016 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83013)
I want to see whether Singaporeans easily say they work FO but could be BO job. So part I bo liao and part I want him to admit his mistake. It adds value to this thread because don't want him to mislead others.

And btw, my base is more than $6k+. Haha, not showing off about it but don't assume I'm paid less than him. Give me your email then I email you my employment contract. Serious.

I really like this forum because can call out people. So yeah, it's really just me calling him out. But hey, if he works FO then my mistake lor. He started it first okay.

Haha relax abit la. What is your job and rank? 6k after 3 years is impressive for a SIM grad.

Unregistered 07-04-2016 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83031)
Lol I have nothing to hide. I'm just a junior in the team with 1 yr exp. All the other ppl on my team have MBA from ivy leagues/ CFA. I don't think it is a job that a lot of SIM grads are doing. And why do I have to reveal my title. Take it or leave it.

Yeah because there are a lot of us here are calling bull on what you have said. And you can restore your credibility by simply pointing out what you were hired for and what bank.

I can then easily get it verified in under 5 mins, as would most posters who work in banking. The fact that you keep evading the issue shows you're probably trying to bull everyone.

Unregistered 07-04-2016 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83031)

Lol. Come out same pattern. I ask him for his official title on this contract. Say got nothing to hide and still won't say his title.

Then just hide behind the fact that he's junior, his team got MBA and CFA.

Sure I'll take what you're saying. Which is me taking you won't say your official title. Haha. No one is forcing you to reveal your title. But we all got the message that for some reason, you won't.

Unregistered 07-04-2016 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83038)
Yeah because there are a lot of us here are calling bull on what you have said. And you can restore your credibility by simply pointing out what you were hired for and what bank.

I can then easily get it verified in under 5 mins, as would most posters who work in banking. The fact that you keep evading the issue shows you're probably trying to bull everyone.

I already described my job role to you and there are only so few bulge brackets around. Since you are so knowledgeable, you should know how much the industry pays for my type of role. And if u know so much, you should know that my pay is not considered high. I already said so much about my role, what is your role? FO, MO?
Also, I never said I was FO, technically I'm MO, just supporting the front line.

Unregistered 07-04-2016 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83043)
I already described my job role to you and there are only so few bulge brackets around. Since you are so knowledgeable, you should know how much the industry pays for my type of role. And if u know so much, you should know that my pay is not considered high. I already said so much about my role, what is your role? FO, MO?
Also, I never said I was FO, technically I'm MO, just supporting the front line.

Please refer to post #1749, which is where I believe you said:

"I was hired to Prepare pitch books and review material for the bank. Slowly transitioned to a client facing role and support in pitches/ reviews. Private banking side."

What sticks out is "client facing role" which me and probably those less informed about the distinction of FO, MO and BO thought it was FO. Do you now see why I'm asking for your official title? Because we don't want to mislead others into thinking "client facing" is a, as you now say, a MO role.

My angle was never about your salary. I could only refer to you as the "$6k+" guy. It was making it clear which your role is FO so other aren't confused on what is this job you got. This would be made very clear if you just stated your official title.

Then why not we trade? I give you my OFFICIAL title on my contract then you give me yours? I assume I have to trust your word.

Unregistered 07-04-2016 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83043)

I am another poster i.e. not the same one who has been saying that he will reveal his official title.

What I don't get is how you claim to be working in private banking MO/FO and earning the kind of dough fresh out of school. Either you're employed at a place like JPM Private Banking and making >$7k+ or you're in MO/BO and no where near that kind of scale.

I have not heard of any BO/MO jumps to FO from $4.7k to $6k++ only. If you would give me the name of your BB, I will give a call to some of my friends on the private banking side. I am pretty sure you're making a lot of the stuff up.

Unregistered 07-04-2016 10:40 PM

i dunno is u talking to urself or 2 ppl squabbling. but please stop polluting this thread with ur catfights. if u have nothing to contribute on sim-uol starting pay then go somewhere else. wanna cat bitch go start ur own thread.

Unregistered 08-04-2016 08:15 AM

Bunch of insecure SIM grads. Some troll came in to say he is earning 6k after one year and you guys go ballistic. Actually it's just a few ppl. Sorry to generalize. Just to give abit of perspective, the 6k guy may not be lying. At my bank, the entry level management associates for middle office get 6k already. He only started with 4.7. So he just caught up with them after one year. Got to admit the increment is quite large. He either has to be a top performer and got promoted to justify the increment or lying. Not impossible to achieve though.

Unregistered 08-04-2016 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83063)
Bunch of insecure SIM grads. Some troll came in to say he is earning 6k after one year and you guys go ballistic. Actually it's just a few ppl. Sorry to generalize. Just to give abit of perspective, the 6k guy may not be lying. At my bank, the entry level management associates for middle office get 6k already. He only started with 4.7. So he just caught up with them after one year. Got to admit the increment is quite large. He either has to be a top performer and got promoted to justify the increment or lying. Not impossible to achieve though.

Again, I'm not from SIM and I earn more than $6k+. I just want him to come clean on his official title so that the other SIM grads will not be misled.

And up till now he still don't want to say his official title. He replied last night so I know he is seeing this.

Unregistered 08-04-2016 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83063)

Your MA from WHAT bank getting 6k at MO? Are you SURE it's an MA role?

So far, I only know of Citibank MA for fresh grad roles, OCBC MA for post grad roles. The rest are grad programs typically reserved for MBA students.

Unregistered 08-04-2016 08:19 PM

banking industry is all about connections & knowing the right MD. if your 'grandfather' is powerful, he can easily create any position at any pay he want. i cant believe ppl are getting excited over someone making 6k in a bank after 1 year arguing over rubbish like bo/mo/fo.

Unregistered 08-04-2016 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83107)
banking industry is all about connections & knowing the right MD. if your 'grandfather' is powerful, he can easily create any position at any pay he want. i cant believe ppl are getting excited over someone making 6k in a bank after 1 year arguing over rubbish like bo/mo/fo.

Exactly. 6k is peanuts.

Unregistered 08-04-2016 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83108)
Exactly. 6k is peanuts.

I make more than 6k but I'll never make a statement "6k is peanuts" as I know others would be thankful to earn that much. I, everyday, am grateful for my job.

Are you thankful for your current job?

Unregistered 08-04-2016 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83108)
Exactly. 6k is peanuts.

How much do you make

Unregistered 09-04-2016 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83129)
How much do you make

I make only 10k.

Unregistered 09-04-2016 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83136)
I make only 10k.

"Only" suggests to me that your monthly salary of 10k is a small amount. Are you appreciative of your current job that pays 10k a month?

Unregistered 09-04-2016 11:37 AM

so common for banking industry to make 30-50k and some sim grads getting excited over 6k...

Unregistered 09-04-2016 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83138)
"Only" suggests to me that your monthly salary of 10k is a small amount. Are you appreciative of your current job that pays 10k a month?

I'm not happy with my salary. I'm aiming for 30-50k like what the poster below said.

Unregistered 09-04-2016 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83155)
I'm not happy with my salary. I'm aiming for 30-50k like what the poster below said.

That's also peanuts compared to what the wolves earn.

Aim for 500k/mth minimal.

Unregistered 09-04-2016 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83155)

It is my conclusion that someone aren't fulfilled with what they have, which is much more than the average. And the last few posts have confirmed this.

Unregistered 09-04-2016 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83047)
i dunno is u talking to urself or 2 ppl squabbling. but please stop polluting this thread with ur catfights. if u have nothing to contribute on sim-uol starting pay then go somewhere else. wanna cat bitch go start ur own thread.

Anybody who has been reading here will know our kids are going crazy.. SIM vs NTU vs NUS vs ...vs and vs....comparing till no end... seeing more and more kids having some stress related problem, depression and etc....

Hope these kids realise the importance of respecting people of all levels, it will help them to be better person.

During my younger days, even sweeper or cleaner worth our respect, everyone should be treated equally important in society.

Unregistered 09-04-2016 04:51 PM

i dont know why you guys are so calm. i make 15k a month and i feel i'm the poorest man on earth.

Unregistered 09-04-2016 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83184)
i dont know why you guys are so calm. i make 15k a month and i feel i'm the poorest man on earth.

May I please ask what is the reason that you feel you are the poorest man on earth given that you make 15k a month. Do you know that you're at least at the top 10% of earners in Singapore?

Unregistered 09-04-2016 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83184)

Yeah. Ppl here arguing about 6k per month. Everyone should target higher.

Unregistered 11-04-2016 04:03 PM

final year bnf students, anyone got called for interviews at banks so far? excl ops, compliance

Unregistered 12-04-2016 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83276)
final year bnf students, anyone got called for interviews at banks so far? excl ops, compliance

Contract jobs only..for graduate programs they are all taken by local uni pple. But we can try direct entry and contract based jobs

Unregistered 12-04-2016 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83276)

Graduated last year and serving notice in contract job for local bank.

I was just offered a branch operations position. 4.5k but hirer prep me and say frequent long OT is expected in that branch, so in the end I didn't take up and went for another slightly lower offer with an insurance firm.

Unregistered 12-04-2016 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83327)
Contract jobs only..for graduate programs they are all taken by local uni pple. But we can try direct entry and contract based jobs

wat contract job u applied for? but doesn't direct entry require exp?