Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 05-06-2020 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136797)
I got a friend from SIM-UOL. He is doing very well now in his career as a professional (managed to skip ranks and promote very quickly), but has a very bad opinion of students from there. If you ask him, he will tell you that the worst/most useless staff in his organisation are from his degree program and not to hire them if possible.

Ironic but true. I think he's just stating his honest views.

Personally I never worked with SIM-UOL grads before so I can't judge.

As a student that was from SIM, i have to agree with you friend, most of them have a certain level of self entitlement despite not having the skillset, eg wanting to go into M&A and command higher than average salary despite not knowing how to build a simple DCF valuation model or securing relevant internships before/post-grad.

The stigma against SIM is real, my friends and I, we were considered lucky, we managed to do a couple of internships(strat, consulting, banks) and subsequently securing roles that are considered generally higher paying than our peers, mid 3s to 5s

Unregistered 05-06-2020 10:05 PM

#SIMlivesmattertoo

Unregistered 05-06-2020 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136883)
#SIMlivesmattertoo

#onceSIMuselessforlife

Unregistered 05-06-2020 11:07 PM

As long as you show grit and determination, people will give you a chance.

Unregistered 05-06-2020 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136892)
#onceSIMuselessforlife

Oxbridge/Ivys > local u/SIM

From our point of view, local u/SIM , i don't see much difference, you people are just not as good as us :)

Unregistered 05-06-2020 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136899)
As long as you show grit and determination, people will give you a chance.

Yes. Chance for private uni girls to open leg. As long as they show Grit & determination to show neh neh and pussy.

sinkingfeeling 05-06-2020 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136900)
Oxbridge/Ivys > local u/SIM

From our point of view, local u/SIM , i don't see much difference, you people are just not as good as us :)

Cool story bro :(

sinkingfeeling 05-06-2020 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136803)
The real insecure ones are private university losers who didn't do well in poly and always quoting the rare one or two successful abnormalities from SIM who claims to be successful or have unverified starting pay over 10k to fuel their insecurities.

It's true, I am the loser :(

sinkingfeeling 05-06-2020 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136797)
I got a friend from SIM-UOL. He is doing very well now in his career as a professional (managed to skip ranks and promote very quickly), but has a very bad opinion of students from there. If you ask him, he will tell you that the worst/most useless staff in his organisation are from his degree program and not to hire them if possible.

Ironic but true. I think he's just stating his honest views.

Personally I never worked with SIM-UOL grads before so I can't judge.

Friend = commenter :(

Can you elaborate on your opinion? :(

Unregistered 05-06-2020 11:53 PM

i\'m from kaplan and SIM kids love to look down on us. the chain never ends. stop being butthurt. local uni are just salty over ivy league, sim will always have inferiority complex against local u.

just focus on yourself.