Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 24-02-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 114074)
You don't get it. It's a DISTANCE LEARNING degree. So the quality/acceptability of it is definitely lower.

I get what you mean, but we have got some pretty prestigious MBAs setting up schools here too. And their MBAs who graduate from the SG side are well-recognised and therefore, well-paid. Hence, I was wondering if the same could be appplied to the SIM-UOL grads; are they not considered satellite schools and not distance learning per se?

As in satellite uni/SG branch of a foreign uni =/= distance learning

Not quite the same isn’t it

SIM UOL Grad 28-03-2019 01:29 AM

Third Class Honours
Starting pay: $2,600
Converted to perm: $3,000
1st promotion: $3,498
2nd promotion: $3,847.80

Duration: 4.5 years

I have a friend who got first class honours (No accurate info but based on conversations):
Starting pay: $3,600
Converted to perm: Around $3,900
Now should be around high $4,000 to $5,000

Duration: About 4.5 years (slightly less)

My thoughts:
Just study hard when you are in school.
Work hard when you are at work.

Unregistered 03-04-2019 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIM UOL Grad (Post 115566)
Third Class Honours
Starting pay: $2,600
Converted to perm: $3,000
1st promotion: $3,498
2nd promotion: $3,847.80

Duration: 4.5 years

I have a friend who got first class honours (No accurate info but based on conversations):
Starting pay: $3,600
Converted to perm: Around $3,900
Now should be around high $4,000 to $5,000

Duration: About 4.5 years (slightly less)

My thoughts:
Just study hard when you are in school.
Work hard when you are at work.

Can't really compare this way. It depends on job nature.

Other factors include your boss, company culture and performance.

Unregistered 02-05-2019 06:48 PM

I have UOL degree from SIM, FCH.. Applied for SB and asked for $3.5k. Career manager contacted me and if $2.8k is acceptable.? Should I accept? I thought our government don't discriminate based on degree?

Unregistered 02-05-2019 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118091)
I have UOL degree from SIM, FCH.. Applied for SB and asked for $3.5k. Career manager contacted me and if $2.8k is acceptable.? Should I accept? I thought our government don't discriminate based on degree?

Tell them cannot. 2.8k too low. Minimum 3.5k. Uol got standard one

Unregistered 02-05-2019 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 114079)
I get what you mean, but we have got some pretty prestigious MBAs setting up schools here too. And their MBAs who graduate from the SG side are well-recognised and therefore, well-paid. Hence, I was wondering if the same could be appplied to the SIM-UOL grads; are they not considered satellite schools and not distance learning per se?

As in satellite uni/SG branch of a foreign uni =/= distance learning

Not quite the same isn’t it

Dunno leh. interestingly insead mba damn hard to get in. My friend Got good gmat score. Insead reject, lan lan no choice go smu mba

Unregistered 02-05-2019 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118093)
Dunno leh. interestingly insead mba damn hard to get in. My friend Got good gmat score. Insead reject, lan lan no choice go smu mba

INSEAD Singapore is a branch. UOL is a distance learning program. So yes, there is a extreme gulf in quality between both.

And to the poster above mentioning rejecting $2.8k starting, please. You shouldn't even put yourself at $2.8k. Starting $2.5k is more reasonable unless you want to waste 1 year finding a job.

Unregistered 02-05-2019 09:23 PM

Quote:

Say you are from LSE Clementi so you definitely deserve 3.5k!

Unregistered 02-05-2019 09:26 PM

Quote:

They don’t discriminate, but they pay you based on the inferred quality of your program. Don’t join govt la, go in already you see people who do the same thing as you get paid almost 1k more. Can be quite depressing.

Find a private coy who truly doesn’t discriminate!

Unregistered 02-05-2019 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118092)
Tell them cannot. 2.8k too low. Minimum 3.5k. Uol got standard one

got standard my foot, compared to nus its useless.