Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 30-05-2020 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135878)
With current batch of fresh local batch needing to take jobs @ around 2.5k.

Those private uni people will probably need to take on bangala or maid jobs.
Guys from private u be construction workers. Female become maids.

This will solve the issue of heavy reliance of overseas workers.

Cheers!

If by saying that, it makes you feel better & gives you reassurance then... okay.

LMAO.

Unregistered 30-05-2020 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135880)
haha so many butthurt private u grads here. keep lying to yourselves. the working world isn't gonna be fair at all to you.

The working world isn't fair. That I agree.

But to be candid, I have met multiple private uni grads who are extremely driven and wouldn't mind saying that I have actually "lost" per se to 2 pte uni grads in group ACs at both a bulge bracket bank (think GS/JPM/MS/Citi) & a local bank when recruiting for 2020 SA postions.

Am a local uni undergrad myself and did managed to secure a decent internship eventually for this summer.

Fyi, they are both from UOL. Seems like public opinion on UOL are sorta better that RMIT/UB it seems.

Unregistered 30-05-2020 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135880)
haha so many butthurt private u grads here. keep lying to yourselves. the working world isn't gonna be fair at all to you.

ditto to you too, non-private local uni grad. whilst i am privileged to be from imperial (bach) and brown (masters), i dont go around thrashing peeps who are not from oxbridge or ivy - until now to this obnoxious idiot. btw my younger sis is from a sim-uol programme, and is definitely of a finer character and orientation than you.

Unregistered 30-05-2020 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135883)
The working world isn't fair. That I agree.

But to be candid, I have met multiple private uni grads who are extremely driven and wouldn't mind saying that I have actually "lost" per se to 2 pte uni grads in group ACs at both a bulge bracket bank (think GS/JPM/MS/Citi) & a local bank when recruiting for 2020 SA postions.

Am a local uni undergrad myself and did managed to secure a decent internship eventually for this summer.

Fyi, they are both from UOL. Seems like public opinion on UOL are sorta better that RMIT/UB it seems.

Don’t troll la. These top companies don’t take in private uni ppl. The most is ladies as pantry cleaners. Confirm u is private uni person too.

Unregistered 30-05-2020 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135876)
This guy is really such an embarrassment.

Look down on private uni nbm but grammar kena pointed out then still so childish.

Grow up lah. Like what is mentioned above, don’t xiasuay local U please

Word.

Grow up guys, ignore the trolls.

Unregistered 30-05-2020 06:03 PM

Steady the boat folks :) just treat this troll and irrelevant spouting as weekend entertainment and dont take it to heart :) trolls need to be 'fed' and just ignore the nonsense lol

Unregistered 30-05-2020 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135887)
Don’t troll la. These top companies don’t take in private uni ppl. The most is ladies as pantry cleaners. Confirm u is private uni person too.

Please seek help.

Out of pity, let me throw a bone your way: LinkedIn is immensely helpful - use it.

Unregistered 30-05-2020 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135887)

Exactly - so many pte uni people here buttering each other up and feeling shiok about it. how pathetic.

Unregistered 30-05-2020 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135898)
Exactly - so many pte uni people here buttering each other up and feeling shiok about it. how pathetic.

Much less pathetic than those who are insecure enough to put every single author who dare remark that pte uni grads are doing well down.

Grow up.

Unregistered 30-05-2020 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135900)
Much less pathetic than those who are insecure enough to put every single author who dare remark that pte uni grads are doing well down.

Grow up.

Again - so many pte uni people here buttering each other up and feeling shiok about it. how pathetic.